It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

February 7th Primaries/Caucuses ( MN, CO, MO )

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Indellkoffer

Did I say old??? I really meant experienced.

link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
CNN just showed a precinct announce their votes. Romney won with 15 votes and the reporter asked if he could talk to someone who voted for Romney. No one would raise their hand

That's pretty funny to me...no one wanted to admit to voting for Romney.

Haha, noticed this aswell.. Is it that embarrassing voting for him ?

link   
Did i hear that right on CNN?

Did that old woman just call Mitt Romney honest?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I just got back from mine (MN) and I was elected to be one of the delegates to go on to the next convention.

Ron Paul had a big night in my city, 80% of those of us who spoke were for Paul.

Paul and Santorum were the only ones to write letters to be read at the caucus, the chair tried to get something from the other 2 with no response.

On to March 3rd and another vore for Paul.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

Did you stay to hear the results from your precinct?

And how large was your precinct?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
CNN has just projected that Rick Santorum will win the meaningless "Beauty Contest" Missouri Primary.

I honestly would rather have Ron Paul win instead of that smug bastard Santorum.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I dont understand how anyone can vote for Santorum. That just baffles me.

I can see how people fall for Newts BS. I can sort of understand falling for Mitt's BS. Santorum's BS is a whole new level of BS, its amazing to me.

edit to add: Thanks for the links Outkast. The reporting seems pretty slow but it is better than sitting here wondering what Im missing lol
edit on 7-2-2012 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

I honestly would rather have Ron Paul win instead of that smug bastard Santorum.

I am surprised to hear you say that!

Welcome to the darkside......kinda.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

This... is... rare...

screen shot worthy rare.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

Ha...yeah...kinda.

My preference for President is Obama, Romney, then Paul. I can't even rank Santorum and Gingrich because I am that opposed to their policies. Romney is just to the right of Obama...pretty much right in the middle. So even though I won't like the things he would do...it would be nothing drastic (I think). With Paul...I at least like his foreign policy and the policies of his that I really dislike would probably never be passed by congress.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Maybe this win for Santorum was meant to cool off the primaries a bit. If Romney was to win again it would make it obvious that it is rigged. Santorum winning was probably meant to make it seem legitimate. I don't know there are many possibilities out there have fun connecting the pieces.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by AGWskeptic

Did you stay to hear the results from your precinct?

And how large was your precinct?

I didn't need to stay, it was pretty obvious who the Paul supporters were. 10 people spoke, 8 of us for Paul and 2 for Santorum. And one of the Santorum speakers changed his mind after we had the pre vote discussion.

Nobody said boo about the other 2.

There were about 50 people total voting.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

I don't understand Santorum's appeal either...him and Gingrich are just purely 100% against everything I think and believe in.

With Paul...he is like a two headed beast with me...I like his foreign policy...I really like it actually....but I really really don't like his domestic policies.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Well if Obama is your first choice, then Romney would be the logical alternative. He will continue business as usual, but I think Gingrich and Santorum would as well.

They may talk about their ideological differences, but they are all beholdent to the same big-money interests as Obama.

Ron Paul is definitely the game changer. He will not follow orders from outsides influences. That's why they fear him.

ETA: Paul is currently running second in Mn. It is not a win, but a big boost over Romney and Gingrich.
edit on 7-2-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Colorado Results (7% reporting 9:52p)
Santorum 50%
Gingrich 21%
Romney 19%
Paul 10%

Minnesota Results (12% reporting 9:52p)
Santorum 44.3%
Paul 26.3%
Romney 17.4%
Gingrich 12.4%

Missouri Primary Results (41.7% reporting 9:51p)
Santorum 54.8% (Projected Winner)
Romney 24.8%
Paul 11.8%

If Santorum sweeps...the GOP is officially a circus...and they have some problems to deal with. I'm actually pulling for Ron Paul in Minnesota...no I haven't flipped...but the only thing that will cause more chaos for the GOP than Santorum sweeping is if Ron Paul wins a state as well. He does still have a chance...he's doing well in the big cities it looks like.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I am ready to grab a hammer, a chisel and a slab of rock and etch onto it's face...

"On this day, the 7th day of February in the year 2012 the year of our Lord. Outkast Searcher posted onto ATS forums that he preferred Ron Paul for President above Rick Santorum and Newt Gingrich. Adding that he actually agreed with Ron Paul's controversial foreign policy."

At least this way, after Planet X wipes us all off the face of the earth and martial law is declared and then the elite kill us with vaccines, we will still have a written record of his statements for at least 1000 years or so depending on how good my work is

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
If Santorum takes all of the states tonight, imo this is the second best thing that could happen for the rp camp.

too soon to call 'Except for Missouri.'

This has been a really interesting night.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Last time I checked he was leading in Ramsey county in MN. That's a huge county, but it's early and could change quickly. I believe the U of M is in Ramsey county, but don't know for sure. Paul will pull in the college crowd.

Scratch that..U of M is in Hennipen County.
edit on 7-2-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

How do you figure this would be a good thing? I would love to hear your take on this.

These numbers really amaze me. I dont know what to make of it. Romney down behind Paul, Santorum trumping all. This is just such a drastic shift what we have been seeing. As I look at the different numbers for each State, I am just at a total loss for words.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
If only Rick Santorum had Ron Paul’s stance on foreign policy he would be the best candidate we have had in a long time. I do not agree with him on everything but overall Santorum is the closest thing to being acceptable; at least in my opinion. And so far tonight it appears the plurality of people in Missouri, Minnesota, and Colorado agrees that Santorum is the preferable choice.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join