It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More evidence found for ancient Martian ocean

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

A European spacecraft orbiting Mars has found more revealing evidence that an ocean may have covered parts of the Red Planet billions of years ago. The European Space Agency's Mars Express spacecraft detected sediments on Mars' northern plains that are reminiscent of an ocean floor, in a region that has also previously been identified as the site of ancient Martian shorelines, the researchers said.

I'm on the fence if life ever existed on Mars. However, as the years go by, more and more evidence points to a greater possibility that it did. Probably not little green men though.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

don't news agencies and scientists say this every single year?

scientists: mars may have had life?

1 year later

scientists: mars may have had water!

6 months later

scientists: mars may have had ice caps

1 year later

scientists: mars looks like it may have had life, BECAUSE it may have had water.

1 month later

scientists: mars may be red because it drank too much water while it was made out of iron. also aliens. maybe.

in b4 new super earth found 999999 million miles away every single week.

they keep saying the same stuff because they are stalling or have nothing new.

peace.
edit on 7-2-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I remember a time when we thought mars had almost nothing nice to see some changes.
. Kind of curious as to what else the martian cover has (I've been gone from the ATS loop for a while so this is all exciting to me but perhaps not to you all).

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by MystiqueAgent

That was back when they said it was a big red ball of rust and nothing else.
I remember those days!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

Probably not little green men though.

They are no little at all nor green.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

When I was a kid they had Mars crisscrossed with canals. That's how I drew it in first grade, so obviously data detection/collection has improved since JFK was killed.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Yeah, not little green men...more like upright, intelligent 'humanoids'.

By the way, humans are not the highest form of intelligence nor the most advanced species in the universe. We are not even on the most evolved planet in our solar system.

So no, not little green men. Humanoid beings with civilization, language, and technology.
edit on 7-2-2012 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

One would think there would be reputable links we could read about all of this, huh?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
reply to post by ButterCookie

One would think there would be reputable links we could read about all of this, huh?

I merely speculated that an ancient life form would not necessarily be primitive or microscopic organisms, as was suggested in the OP.

I am on the OP's side about Ancient Mars and its life; the OP was on the fence and I was helping them look at it from another angle.

Info that Earth is not the most evolved planet in our solar system?

NASA explains how Earth is not the oldest planet

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
reply to post by UFO1414

Probably not little green men though.

They are no little at all nor green.

See, I agree with you !!!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

When I was a kid they had Mars crisscrossed with canals. That's how I drew it in first grade, so obviously data detection/collection has improved since JFK was killed.

Same here my science teacher in middle school speculated on water on mars partially due to the ice caps but mainly due to the geology. By the way he way a geology major in college. Oh yeah middle school for me was in the 80's.

new topics

top topics

join