It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO was just a top secret aircraft.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
In the 50's&60's alot of people in the us reported seeing flying saucers.When WWII ended, the Germans had several radical types of aircraft under development. The majority were in the most preliminary stages, possible that the secret weapons produced by Nazi Germany included flying saucers? And if so when Germany lost the war the US found them and took them back to the U.S. And when people reported see them in the 50's. The UFO was just a top secret aircraft.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by donniedeath
In the 50's&60's alot of people in the us reported seeing flying saucers.When WWII ended, the Germans had several radical types of aircraft under development. The majority were in the most preliminary stages, possible that the secret weapons produced by Nazi Germany included flying saucers? And if so when Germany lost the war the US found them and took them back to the U.S. And when people reported see them in the 50's. The UFO was just a top secret aircraft.

Well the very term UFO - Unidentified Flying Object, can mean just that, ie an aircraft which is secret to the public and so cannot be identified by them.
edit on 7-2-2012 by infiltraitor because: Misspelled word

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
i'd imagine that alot of the UFO's seen are possibly test vehicles for one particular part of a new design and making them look like something from planet x they can dismiss the sightings as someone seeing things and given they'd need to test them in all weather conditions/temperatures/visibilities etc its hardly suprising they turn up around the world as the military would want something that will work wherever its sent to

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
but what is the purpose of flying them obviously and freaking people out?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Interesting theory...you would think by now that the U.S. would have perfected the mechanics and have unveiled the craft as the latest product of their military genius. The fact that this hasn't happened yet implies it is beyond human understanding...hence, not human at all.

Also, we are continually seeing fully functional UFO's that the military (which, according to you, as technology identical to) is unable to apprehend and contain.

All of this is some of the clearly obvious information regarding UFOs. And all of this implies that UFOs are not, as you say, German experimental aircraft...but rather something unearthly.

The military loves showing off its genius technology. Why panic the people unnecessarily if they can just go, "Look at what we made! Enemies beware!"

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lookingsky11

I'm not sure if every UFO report was/is secret aircraft...

...but to answer your question:
the purpose of flying secret aircraft obviously would be to test them out. Don't you think test flying serves a purpose? There is only a limited amount of restricted space that these test can be done without people seeing them. It seems likely that more extensive test flights would not always be able to stay 100% away from the eyes of the public.

edit on 2/7/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by donniedeath

We like source material to back up your opinions on a topic.
Could you please add some links to resources that validate your claim?

Posting you opinion about something is one thing. Posting your opinion followed up by supporting material is better.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

You should read Jim Marrs' books. I think you would find his writing fascinating. Alien Agenda and The Rise Of The Fourth Reich are the two that come to mind, but all his books are good. I have also heard a rumor that he is a member here, though not sure.

I am still not all the way through his Fourth Reich book, but really like the way he connects dots that others seem to sweep under the table, or confine to the basements of museums.

My take is that many UFOs are man made, but I don't think all of them. After all where did the idea come from? We can credit Tesla to a great degree but that doesn't explain things that happened before he was born. Another good book, though a bit dry and long is Micheal Cremo's Forbidden Archeology. So much stuff that doesn't make sense has been dug up only to be buried again by man.

Posting you opinion about something is one thing. Posting your opinion followed up by supporting material is better.

Of course she (he?) is right.

The Rise Of The Fourth Reich

Alien Agenda

Forbidden Arceology
edit on 7-2-2012 by Ittabena because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

That wasn't the purpose. People freaked out without any help due to well understood deficiencies in capabilities of human observation.

Certainly it's no coincidence that many UFO sightings began about the same time as many high altitude balloon launches began. These were not ordinary weather balloons, and the programs were not widely known, so that's why pilots and others didn't recognize them as balloons; they were many, many times larger than ordinary weather balloons.

There's little doubt that the pilot who died while chasing a "UFO" (Captain Mantell) was actually chasing a large, high altitude balloon.

www.actualaliens.com...

Some sad news from the world of UFOlogy: it turns that a Kentucky National Guard pilot who died while chasing a UFO was actually just chasing a skyhook balloon.

According to WFIE Channel 14 in Evansville, In., Thomas Mantell died in 1948 after his plane crashed in a field in Simpson County while he was chasing “a metallic object…of tremendous size.” But the military uncovered new evidence that said it was just a skyhook balloon that other people mistook for a UFO.
I'm not saying this explains all UFOs, it certainly doesn't, but it explains many of them, including the Mantell incident.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I agree that it is the most plausible expanation for vast majority of sightings. Thing needs to fly and be tested, someone surely would notice it and it will leak out for evil Warsaw pact forces to take notice. Aliens it is, then. Easier to create confusion about what is really new secret project and what is simply overheated imagination.
On my second place for "what this realy is" - our great-great-grandsons on field trip. Aka time travelers.
The bronze goes to intelligent creatures from other planets theory.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by nineix

We like source material to back up your opinions on a topic.
Could you please add some links to resources that validate your claim?
Here's a good article:

Summary: Classified high-altitude, long-duration flights of huge Skyhook balloons, which often returned their secret payloads to the surface, began in 1947 and continued for several decades. This secret Cold War program was the likely progenitor of many key aspects of UFO mythology. Written by someone who was personally involved in the skyhook project.

And when did the UFO flap begin? Also in 1947. Maybe not such a coincidence?
edit on 7-2-2012 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
AWACS....

Hahaha.

Maybe!

Yes-No!!??

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

I'm not sure if every UFO report was/is secret aircraft...

...but to answer your question:
the purpose of flying secret aircraft obviously would be to test them out. Don't you think test flying serves a purpose? There is only a limited amount of restricted space that these test can be done without people seeing them. It seems likely that more extensive test flights would not always be able to stay 100% away from the eyes of the public.

edit on 2/7/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

Incorrect. They have a whole wide stretch of desert in southern U.S. that no one goes into. Plenty of "extensive test flights" could be orchestrated there and no one be the wiser.

Also, I find it hard to believe there's a top-secret military U.S. airbase in over 60 locations throughout the world. They would make a point of eliminating any and all witnesses through either bribery or "accidents".

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
I agree that it is the most plausible expanation for vast majority of sightings. Thing needs to fly and be tested, someone surely would notice it and it will leak out for evil Warsaw pact forces to take notice. Aliens it is, then. Easier to create confusion about what is really new secret project and what is simply overheated imagination.
On my second place for "what this realy is" - our great-great-grandsons on field trip. Aka time travelers.
The bronze goes to intelligent creatures from other planets theory.

I find it interesting that you presume to know exactly what is going on in our world. Do tell me, what do you see in my future? -holds out palm-

It is ignorance to say that you have the precise answer for any of this. Certain arguments can be shown to be weak or entirely implausible through analysis, but to say that you KNOW what the answer is... Nah, nice try.
edit on CTuesdayam474752f52America/Chicago07 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Oh please
secret technology that can outmaneuver, outpace, and bears no resemblance to a craft that relies on aerodynamics and loud propulsion systems to make it go? Also, no crashes of these craft, remember they're experimental so there has to be a very good chance of some witnessed crashes? Fireballs? ANYTHING??
www.defenseindustrydaily.com...
There's a little something for you to chew on. Our brightest avionics engineers and aviation techs could not masterfully implement tilt wing and rotor technology without lots of lives lost and billions spent to analyze and fix.

edit on 7-2-2012 by Sirconspire because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Ehmm, there is the line between that finger and the other one. It says -ehhm wait err ,well, it says something.
Really, i do not know. I assume. My personal assumptions only,that could easily be wrong.
I simply cannot, for the love of all good and decent, understand why alien civilisation that is advanced enough to travel between stars will want to come specifically to this planet out of billions of billions out there that surely have life too and mutilate cows. No,really.
But us,humans - oh we are known for deceptions. Trojan horse ctr.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
The Russians did as well as far as I understand. I've been told a story about a relative of mine having an encounter with one. I think he was ex-military, but he was obsessed with radio equipment. One day he picked up Russian and was trying to listen to it, when some interesting things happened. Long story short, he saw a UFO and it had something to do with the Russian he was hearing. I guess you could say he was "persuaded" to not talk about it.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
here is no question that the Germans were experimenting with a wide variety of innovative aircraft and propulsion systems toward the end of the war. There is little doubt that they at least contemplated building a flying saucer. There are tantalizing bits of evidence that Nazi Germany indeed added a flying disc to its inventory of secret weapons.

The year was 1945. Even as it became apparent that the tide of the war was turning in favor of the Allies, German scientists working for the Nazis still had a few tricks up their sleeves. Secret devices were being built in the labs and factories of the underground complexes in the Harz Mountains and elsewhere.

Late in the war, Allied pilots began to see unusual lights and silvery globes flying at their wingtips.They nicknamed these foo fighters and kraut fireballs thinking they were some new secret weapon of the Nazis.The objects, however, never attacked an allied plane, they just flew near them.

These Feuerballs were unmanned, remote controlled devices whose main purpose was to jam the radar of the Allied planes and to confuse and intimidate them. They would have been great offensive weapons, but no satisfactory method of arming them was found in time. A larger, manned version, called the Kugelblitz, was being built and tested, but the war ended before it could put into service.

In 1938, Hitler had sent an expedition headed by Captain Alfred Richter to the part of Antarctica just opposite the tip of South America to locate a site for a secret base, and by 1945 the base was completed. In the spring of 1945, when the fall of the Third Reich had become inevitable, the untested Kugelblitz, along with the engineers overseeing its construction, were loaded into a submarine, the U-977, and taken to this ultra-secret underground Nazi base. After delivering this cargo, the U-977 and those of the crew who did not wish to spend the rest of their lives in an underground base put in at Mar del Plata, Argentina on August 17, 1945.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
in my thinking i'm positive life exists elsewhere in the universe but my faith in if they've actually been here is fading fast. i've seen quite a few documentaries on this matter.. the germans where way ahead of anyone in regards to flight, propulsion.. ect.. the "bell" shaped object comes to mind and it seems to match up to the "craft" found in kecksburg, pa.. so this isn't a far reach for the early sightings for me. i remember before my mom passed away one thing that sticks out that she said was.. "i really hope aliens introduce themselves in my lifetime" and now, almost 25 years later i can't help hoping the same thing. there's a lot of video out there that looks very interesting to say the least and the variety of different crafts is mind boggling and not to sure what to think about that factor. everyone keeps screaming for "disclosure" but if proof ever comes i'm sure it'll be from "one of us" i look at all the video as i do evangelists, they will play a big part in our salvation in "end times" and knowing that "they" feverishly work to shake their validity so much so that you can't put your trust in any of them and it's the same for all the ufo videos. haha i apologize for my added paranoia and conspiracy thought but it was used to make my point.

i'm excited about the race to occupy the moon now though for helium 3 it seems like and feels to me that something could happen in doing this. probably just wishful thinking in my part but you never know.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by donniedeath

Wonderful theory. Now, try to explain all of the UFOs reported in history prior to that era.
And please add a tidbit explaining how sightings of strange entities near landed UFOs can be explained.
Oh, and abduction cases, how about explaining them?

I have seen data that proves to me that the Nazis did have rudimentary UFOs, so I'm not denying that, but that explanation does not explain the whole enigma.

(The mark of a UFO debunker on ATS is trolling out a theory on one aspect of the phenomena and overlooking heaps of counter data while denying other aspects.)
edit on 7-2-2012 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join