It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Securing US borders

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Hi ATS.

this is going to be a short thread, mainly because i just wanted to show you something.

In November 2005, DHS announced the launch of the Secure Border Initiative (SBI), a multiyear, multibillion-dollar program aimed at securing U.S. borders and reducing illegal immigration. CBP's SBI program office is responsible for managing the SBI program and for developing a comprehensive border protection system. This system has two main components: SBInet, which employs radars, sensors, and cameras to detect, identify, and classify the threat level associated with an illegal entry into the United States between the ports of entry, and SBI tactical infrastructure (TI), fencing, roads, and lighting intended to enhance U.S. Border Patrol agents' ability to respond to the area of the illegal entry and bring the situation to a law enforcement resolution (i.e., arrest). The current focus of the SBI program is on the southwest border areas between ports of entry that CBP has designated as having the highest need for enhanced border security because of serious vulnerabilities.

source

Despite all the precautions taken, border security guards, camera´s, sensors, quads, helicopters and any other equipment they have at their disposal.
it´s still child´s play to smuggle drugs/people are any other item across the borders.
those cartels come up with some ingenious ways to beat 'the system'.

as demonstrated here

Mexican drug smugglers using the new border fence in New Mexico, they cut the welds on the drop in panels along the fence posts and use jacks to rise up the fence panel, bring the load through drop the panel and erase their tracks only to return later and do it again. Border Patrol is none the wiser.

US Border Security: High Costs With Mixed Results.

Deployment of 1,200 National Guard soldiers for one year: $110 million.

One rail cargo x-ray screening machine: $1.75 million.

Customs and Border Protection officer average annual salary: $75,000. Drug-sniffing dog: $4,500.

The price tag, until now, has not been public. But AP, using White House budgets, reports obtained through Freedom of Information Act requests and congressional transcripts, tallied it all up: $90 billion in 10 years.

so my main questions i have right now are.

- do illegal immigrants really cost you that much? 90 billion in 10 years?
- is it really worth all the violence and bloodshed on either side of the fence?
- isn't this a bit nazi-germany like? seperating the country in half?

well ATS.

what do you think..

is it all worth it?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Looks like you might have found the source of a potential "black" budget.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
It also costs us billions in free schooling for the illegal's children, healthcare, welfare, etc. Illegals do not have a background or health check before coming here. They push to the head of the line before those who are coming here with respect and through proper channels. They take away jobs from millions of our citizens. Identities are stolen. Thousands of citizens have died because of illegals and our laws not being enforced.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
The thing to understand is that the government - corporate powers, etc. - do not want to secure the borders from undocumented/illegal workers. They works so much cheaper, harder, and being of questionable status they do not complain. There is a backdoor pass to let them in.

Mexico also has a problem with illegal immigrants. It is a quite advanced Latin/American country and many people from Central America enter Mexico illegally either to work at its higher wages or make their way into the US. Mexico deals with these illegal immigrants by requiring ID to obtain employment and obtain government services. This greatly reduces the impact on the Mexican government. The US could easily do the same but would rather not. There are many reasons for this but mostly comes down to economical reasons at a variety of levels. Your interests as American citizens are less important than corporate interests and therefore government interests as well.

No, it's not worth the efforts that are taken, at least not for the American people.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Nobody has ever secured our borders. Not republicans. Not democrats. Nobody in the federal government. They all say they are for a secure and safe America, but their actions say different. If any POTUS actually really secured our borders .... I think I'd be so shocked I'd faint and fall out of my chair. Gotta' wonder why no one ever does secure them .... really makes ya' wonder ....

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro
The thing to understand is that the government - corporate powers, etc. - do not want to secure the borders from undocumented/illegal workers. They works so much cheaper, harder, and being of questionable status they do not complain. There is a backdoor pass to let them in.

It is so good to have someone else who knows the truth about the southern border debacle.
The undocumented are exploited to feed the traitorous businessman's bottom line while citizens suffer a shrinking job market.
The border problem should have been addressed,decisively,30 years ago but as you say corporations needed that backdoor pass.
There has been and will continue to be half ass measures to control the US/Mexico border.
It's been obvious to me for many years the US government is complicit in human trafficking and drug smuggling.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by dezertdog

It is so good to have someone else who knows the truth about the southern border debacle.
The undocumented are exploited to feed the traitorous businessman's bottom line while citizens suffer a shrinking job market.
The border problem should have been addressed,decisively,30 years ago but as you say corporations needed that backdoor pass.
There has been and will continue to be half ass measures to control the US/Mexico border.
It's been obvious to me for many years the US government is complicit in human trafficking and drug smuggling.

Well would you want to be the guy in office when the illegals are locked out the price of food skyrockets? Nobody is going to take that bullet. Untill we get robots to do the work cheaper nobody is gonna keep the illegals out because of what it would lead to.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad

Originally posted by dezertdog

Well would you want to be the guy in office when the illegals are locked out the price of food skyrockets? Nobody is going to take that bullet. Untill we get robots to do the work cheaper nobody is gonna keep the illegals out because of what it would lead to.

I never said anything about locking out anyone. What needs to be done is controlling the border (like other responsible nations)by allowing a fixed number of non-resident workers into the job market who can make a fair wage and protection under our labor laws. And besides,food prices have already skyrocketed. Do you believe thats because of huge wages of the workers in the field? I think not. Look elsewhere for that answer.

Back in the early '60's my dad and his other college buddies would pick apples during the summer and averaged $7 an hour doing so. The influx of exploited undocumented workers took that opportunity away.

You seem to think "illegals" as you put it only work agriculture. Let me tell you they exist in every aspect of the labor force.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by dezertdog

You seem to think "illegals" as you put it only work agriculture. Let me tell you they exist in every aspect of the labor force.

Certainly very true.

But they mostly work jobs that we deem too low for our standards.

At least that's here in the Netherlands.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by kn0wh0w

- isn't this a bit nazi-germany like? seperating the country in half?

When did Nazi Germany separate their country in half? How is America separating the country in half by building a border fence?

We are just trying to keep out the riff raff, gang bangers, and free loaders.

Why is it the open borders crowd only wants AMERICA to have open borders? Why not cry about Argentina or Peru not having open borders?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
RACIST American business owners should be forced to pay the little brown guys from Mexico the same exact wage they would pay to an American citizen for the same job performed. They do not because they have illegal immigrants over a barrel and thus treat them poorly. PAY EVERYONE THE SAME WAGE FOR THE SAME JOB. END RACISM IN HIRING.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
They need to just start shooting on site anyone that crosses passed a certain point, once the word gets out this is happening they will stop, or die....yes Im being dramatic, but what is it going to take??

I hate to be that cold about it, and no I dont want to really shoot people... but yes they are costing the good law abiding citizens that actually pay their bills and taxes. Its like paying for a buddy and his buddy's lunch everyday. They do not intend to pitch in, and just expect the handout and they get it everyday, and if you say too much about it, your a racist and heartless.

I just dont get why any person would give a second thought to getting rid of a person that their FIRST act is a federal crime. Ya sounds like they would make a great asset to the US or whatever country they invade.

But for any of this to actually work we must take away 100% of any and all services and support they get, ALL of it, no more kids going to school, free medical, no more food stamps, no more rent, mortgage, ID cards, check cashing, car loans, etc. NOTHING unless you are a legal citizen. If they took everything I just named away for good, they would leave on their own as they could not afford to stay having to actually pay for all these services they take every day.

Now if you want to go about it the right way and make it legal from the get go, Im all for it and think its what makes countries great. But no amnesty or anything like that, no forgiving of a crime that enabled them to bypass what all the legal method people are trying to accomplish.
edit on 8-2-2012 by Wiz4769 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-2-2012 by Wiz4769 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Why is it the open borders crowd only wants AMERICA to have open borders? Why not cry about Argentina or Peru not having open borders?

Where did you find this?
Are is just a preconvied notion of you?

Another thing is, i don't see Peru and the likes spending billions to keep people out.
Btw I' from the Netherlands, so you can bash the right country cause i have the ipression you're a bit offended.

You what imho the foremost problem is...
And this goes for any country in the world.

How can you say to a person: when you cross our border (read; imaginary line on a map) you are an illegal human being.
This is what bothers me.

We are just trying to keep out the riff raff, gang bangers, and free loaders.

Ehm yeah.
Don't know how to respond to this one, we obviously share different views.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Wiz4769

They need to just start shooting on site anyone that crosses passed a certain point, once the word gets out this is happening they will stop, or die....yes Im being dramatic, but what is it going to take??

I stopped reading right here.
I don't know what the solution is but i know what it's not.
That is shooting people on site

top topics

join