It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 deads from Flu like symptoms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Orlando, FL = 2 women were complaining about flu-like symptoms, then they are found dead in their beds by her ex-husband who also has flu-like symptoms. I'm writing this because the news are not reporting everything thats happening, my friend lives close to that house and told me that last night and this morning he has seen CDC people with suits going in/out of the house.

www.myfoxorlando.com...

I'm reading about all this cases in Mexico, China, UK etc and now this looks like is knocking at my door. My wife is a Supervisor Medical Technologist and yesterday she told me that they have been a lot of people visiting the laboratory asking if they do virus tests.

Then yesterday I heard about the Carnival cruise that got hit with a stomach virus. I think this 2012 we are going to see some nasty viruses.

www.myfoxorlando.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Your title says "2 deads". Did you mean, 2 deaths? Or 2 dead?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
several thousand people do die every year from the complications of the flu. not all deaths are directly from the flu itself, but from dehydration (drink lots of liquids!), other bacterial infections that attack at the same time and complications from preexisting conditions like high blood pressure and heart problems www.cdc.gov...

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
It's unusual that both woman died, I am assuming sometime during the night while they slept. I could see one maybe but both? That is kind of a red flag. Then the CDC shows up? Yeah.... It's a little more than the flu I am sure.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Keep us posted on any further developments. I am interest in how the gentleman with the same symptoms gets along.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by cdesigns

Cruise lines always get hit by bugs. Which is why they are famous for the Norwalk virus. Nothing new there.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
It's nothing new that people die from the flu, even today.

www.cdc.gov...

So really, we are not in for nastier viruses than usual, at least as far as these flu like symptoms are concerned.

CDC estimates that from the 1976-1977 season to the 2006-2007 flu season, flu-associated deaths ranged from a low of about 3,000 to a high of about 49,000 people.

I mean, all you can do is take your normal precautions. I admit, I have not had a flu shot since I was a child. I have had the flu maybe 3 times in my life. One of which was a confirmed case of swine flu ( It felt like a mild case of the regular flu for me).

I am not ready to lock myself in the bathroom and hide. Just take your normal precautions and chances are you will be fine. In fact, even if you do get the flu, chances are you will still be fine.

I guess what I am trying to say is, try not to worry. Just do what you can to prevent catching the flu and that is all you can do.
edit on 7-2-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

It is different that 2 in the same household would both die from normal flu though. It is almost unheard of! And now This Thread with 3 more dead in one household in Maryland.

It is a little concerning. Even the CDC is saying it is extremely unusual to have a 100% infection and 100% fatality rate for any infection.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

When little Jimmy's guinea pig kills over as well.......Thats when my eyebrows will raise........

new topics

top topics

join