It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The girl with X-ray vision.......

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
According to:
hypertextbook.com...

the high end of normal human visible range is 780 nm
the low end of normal human visible range is 380 nm

According to:
www.encyclopedia.com...

the high end of wavelength x-ray range is 100 nm

from the low point of normal human visible range, there is a difference of 400 nm to the highest wavelength of visible range, but only 280 nm to the high end of x-ray wavelength range.

If I only knew that humans can see 380 nm, I would be more inclined to believe they can also see 100 nm than that they can see 780 nm. Being able to see x-rays would not be any more unnatural than snake seeing infrared radiation, it's just a question of what our eyes have evolved to capture.

X-ray vision is not impossible in the "breaking the speed of light" class, but more like in "chickens can fly" class. If someone would be able to see x-rays there would be no magic, aliens or psionics involved but rather a mutation in the cells of the eyes that determine what wavelengths of electromagnetic radiation are appropriate. And if brains would still believe they would be receiving visible light, xrays could be quite a colorful display for such a person.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Good point but

it would also require pigments and receptors sensitive to actual xrays (per your usage, not in the 'breaking the speed of light class')

And, well, it would require that there be xrays for her to detect. She claims to be able to see thru things right, without the aide of an xray projecting machine?

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
if it is real talent, it is not xray vision, it is "remote viewing" and is used as a nonconventional medical tool. It is using a higher sense to seek out illness in others or yourself. It works . It is used in hospitals. My mother is a registered nurse and has seen it The Silva method can be used to learn the technique of remote viewing 64.71.179.145... It is a well known technique, but recieves less credit in "pillpopping nations" Silva is a more popular institute, but this diagnostic tool has been used for hundreds if not thousands of years. people have been known to say they "see" the actual affliction during the event

. A person will run their hands over a patient and find the area of affliction..There are different methods, people use the laying of the hands technique to heal
jim.eagle.spiritual.counselor.bizhosting.com...
and is used by holistic healers all over the world.

[edit on 27-9-2004 by xxKrisxx]

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by masterp
X-rays can't help diagnose things if one does not know what is that he/she sees.

Maybe, this is the gimmic....that is the girl has enough 'situational awareness' and medical knowledge to 'correctly diagnose' those 'ailments' she observes at a hands-on environment...perhaps her own words are 'I see the ailments' (meaning her minds eye) & the media jumps at the chance to SenSationalIIZE events & create myths/pop[ular legends

AND that's how masterp statement has meaning & sense, eh?

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   
The media will always sensationalise this sort of story, in fact they will sensationalise any story given half the chance.

I would tend to think that if true, she has managed to tap into one of the many unnown senses all humans posess but very few can use.

There are plenty of people claiming all over the world of amazing abilities, there are people who post here who make claims to having psychic abilities.

The truth is we do not know how some humans can perform these miraculous feats, and will speculate until proves the existence of the other senses.

Edit: Spelling

[edit on 28-9-2004 by Koka]

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Munro_DreadGod
Been on UK press and TV and has impressed docs over here seemingly she is the real mcoy does not even take money for services rendered.

I'd love to see the proof first before I take your word for it. I'm not about to jump on the ignorant train until I see her on live tv using her talents to cure someone.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   
She was on "This Morning" this morning in the UK. They showed some clips of her in action. She could definately see some things but, for instance one guy had broken ribs, and she didn't see it, said he had one kidney smaller than the other. They had some kind of sciencey guy investigating it. He said that she could be picking up on body language, or sees scar tissue, But he did say there is definately something weird going on, he just doesnt know what.

I heard something about it a while ago, where she was being interviewed and she saw that the guy interviewing her had cancer, which he didn't know at the time. A week later he went to the doctors and was found to have cancer! But i'm not sure about that. It's just from memory, and i can't remember where i heard it.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Has this girl ever been tested under scientifically controlled circumstances?

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Thats exactly what i'd like to know Nygdan. It would take alot of proof to convince me.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Yes this is what they were showing on the show i was watching. I dont know when the main programme is on, i only caught this one by chance, maybe another UK ats'er can tell us.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 07:10 AM
link   
The girl with the x-ray eyes, Discovery Channel [UK], 9pm, Thursday September 30.

I don't have the Discovery channel, so will be counting on you guys for a unbiased account.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by paul762
CISCOP proved she was a fake, these people also proved that URI GELLAR is also a fake, and countless other people.

Do you have a link to the debunking article?
Please! She seems to good to be true!

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 01:12 AM
link   
CISCOP proved she was a fake, these people also proved that URI GELLAR is also a fake, and countless other people.

CISCOP are FAkE !!!!!!

LOL

top topics

<< 1   >>

join