It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to print your pee & poop into a bio-degradable plastic friend who is fun to play with!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Explanation: Ok ... yeah that title is a bit crude so here OL provides a courtesy flush ...

Save me Yoshimi ...

Now to raise a stink!

Just think of all the poopabilities!

How raw sewage becomes biodegradable plastic. (By Christina Hernandez Sherwood | May 26, 2011, 3:35 AM PDT) [smartplanet.com]

The California-based company Micromidas has a two-pronged environmental mission: reuse sewage that usually ends up in landfills to create biodegradable plastic. I spoke this week with Ryan Smith, the company’s chief technical officer, about the process — and the future of plastics.

Packaging the Future: Micromidas Makes Biodegradable Plastic from Sewage (by Starre Vartan, 03/23/11) [inhabitat.com]

Here’s how it works: after removing water from sewage, the solids (shudder) are put through a system wherein even more water is removed (and sent back to the sewage line) and other solids are drawn off. A ‘consortium’ of bacteria (different organisms address different sewage constituents including sugars, proteins, fats, etc.) get to work, and produce a malleable bioplastic polystyrene akin to a coffee cup top. “It’s the kind of plastic that can be used in packaging of all kinds,” says Bissell.

And how fantastic pooplastic could potentially be 3D printed ...

... at home DIY...

... or bought cheaply ...

Cheap, portable personal 3D printer: the UP! (By Cory Doctorow at 4:05 pm Monday, Sep 6) [boingboing.net]

The UP! personal 3D printer from China retails for $1500, with goop running at $50/kg. From this early adopter's review: It runs at 0.3mm resolution, and the finished models show striations from successive layers of goop, but light sanding produces a smooth finish. For objects with funny extrusions and sitcky-outie bits that aren't stable until they are fully printed, the printer calculates and adds support struts on the fly, and these have to be removed with a hobby knife after printing.

3D amazing technology - that turns ideas into real objects![3dstuffmaker.com/]

You can even replicate a 3D printer itself... and best of all... it's reprap open source!

... or expensively as you want ...

Comparison Chart of All 3D Printer Choices for Approximately $20,000 or Less. [additive3d.com]

... into your bio-degradable plastic pal who is fun to be with!

Pull My Finger!

Personal Disclosure: Life!?
Don't talk to me about life! :shk:

Or you'll make OL into a very sad sad robot! :w:

Because ... Yes I could actually possibly pull something worthy outa my back orifice for real!

edit on 7-2-2012 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to fix failed picture embed.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

3d printers are cool.

vvv

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Explanation : WTF !!

is the title missleading a bit ?

this is 3d printer and it has existed for quite a bit
there is a puzzle that can create castle in 3d if you put the pieces together
and machine that use laser or metal point to carve a 3d object

edit on 2/7/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Combine Rep Rap and Physibles this 'Poop Plastic' and it might be just the thing needed to kick start a revolution.

I already know how to take over the world with a few keys, I just need an army.

I mean, 3D printers are now free to make with a RepRap, and you can have any object you want eventually on the Pirate Bay [seed those torrents!] then eventually you just have to wait until you have enough poop and enough time to convert the poop into a plastic that the RepRap can use.

Maybe if you spend enough time collecting poop you can use the methane it creates to power the RepRap and a computer that tells the RepRap which downloaded set of instructions to use from the Pirate Bay.

It's a dirty job but someone's gotta do it.
edit on 7-2-2012 by Sachyriel because: form, from, ends means, it's all the same in the end after I digest it with my mind

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
But what about Mr.Hankey, he's still cool to play with right?
Don't forget to brush your teeth

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeLeu
But what about Mr.Hankey, he's still cool to play with right?
Don't forget to brush your teeth

You smell like flowers!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Forget the 3D printing. I'm more interested in the concept of turning human waste into plastic consumer products.

I understand that the idea as of now only is to turn this waste into secondary packaging products, such as packing "peanuts", or other plastic products that don't come in direct contact with food. However, I wonder if someday they will figure out a way to turn this waste into food-grade plastic products, such as food containers, plastic utensils, and other products that touch our food or our mouths.

Until then, I wonder if the packages I someday get from Amazon.com that uses packing peanuts made from waste will come with a warning not to eat the packing peanuts.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

-Explanation-
imagine eating potato chips out of a poo-plastic bag

-Exclamation- BAAAAARRRRFFFFF!!!!!

can't see your 1st vid not authorized in my country

-Speculation- are they already trying this out here and they don't want us to know?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
S&F for the title.

Love the videos too.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Explanation: Bumped to help generate ad revenue!

Personal Disclosure: Enjoy!

new topics

top topics

join