It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mystery of the Bat Cave (insane video of millions of bats living on top of each other)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   

I was entirely disturbed by this scene. Three million bats live on top of each other in this same cave, even though the whole island is covered in caves, they insist on sticking together in this exact location, flying sometimes more than 100 kilometers away, only to return here.

I jokingly ask the transvestite guide if s/he thinks it is the site of a satanic burial ground, but it is seriously a weird happening, and one for which ecologists have no logical explanation.

For the record, I was obviously also joking about firebombing the cave, but it is extremely unnerving to see this place, as I think is at least partly understandable in the video.

In case anyone is interested, here is part one of the video, where I talk to the staff about "the plight of the bats":

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
can you explain what is paranormal about this?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by dashdespatch

Other than that it is super weird and science is completely incapable of explaining why it is happening?

The concept that animals can recognize certain energy patterns on the earth, and that certain species of animals are psychically drawn to specific types of concentrations is also an interesting concept, which I think would classify as "paranormal".

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by andreoutlaw

bats always roost together whats so paranormal about a colony of bats? what cant science explain?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I stopped watching when you said - "I think someone should probably Firebomb this cave" .

That is such a disgusting attitude to life - even if its a form that you personally don't favour.

I hate to stereotype, but I think your view is typical of American culture these days, no life is sacred - apart from yours and your family's.

I know its not you personally killing or ordering killing throughout the world, but you help perpetuate the notion that some people are superior, or have the right to give life or take it away.

Leave that cave alone - Batman is a dear friend of mine

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by dashdespatch

Why all of the bats in a radius of hundreds of kilometers all live in a single spot, and are not even attempting to branch out to one of the other caves even though they are living on top of each other.

The island is covered with caves, none of which have a single bat in them. They all live in that spot, even though they are absolutely cramped. This has never happened anywhere else in the world with fruit bats. This is also the densest population of fruit bats in the world, and they continue to multiply each year.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Soapusmaximus

It was a joke, my friend, as I noted in the OP. I am an environmentalist, and regularly accused of being a extremist sort of environmentalist. I'm not going to hurt the bats.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

it may be unusual but is it paranormal? i think not

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

You have a very condescending attitude.

Anyways, not paranormal. Strange but not paranormal.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Forgive me for the false alarm, agents Mulder and Skully.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
We had bats on our farm and even though we had a small pond, no mosquitoes.

Bats eat their weight in mosquitoes every night.

Never had a problem with the cute little critters, they stayed way up high in the real big grove of oak trees we had.

Go bats!

Without them we would be over run with mosquitoes.

With wolves and coyotes, if we didn't have them we would be over run with mice and rats.

The black plague was spread in Europe and Asia so radically because they killed off almost all their wolves and were over run with rats and mice.

Upset nature and she gets pissed.

It's a delicate balance and man is determined to upset it.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Are they mating? I agree with the fire bombing idea.. To hell with bats

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

These are fruit bats, but as they pollinate most all of the fruit trees in the area, they are none the less necessary than the mosquito bats.

The mosquito-eaters do not live in cave colonies like this, but simply hang during the day wherever they can hide, often in the shag of grass roofs.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve

Though that was definitely a joke, it was certainly a very unsettling scene.

And yeah, they are mating, continuing to multiple exponentially within a limited space, which is something else that the ecologists and such were incapable of explaining. Originally they supposed that it was due to the fact that people hunt them, but they went all the way up to caves in the mountains where no one lives, and would not be hunting them, and still found no bats. They are all in this one place.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
NO extremist environmentalist is going to joke about fire bombing bats. It's not even funny at all. Bats are life and you should respect them. Would you joke about fire bombing a humans house? No.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

If all the humans in a hundred mile radius were living in one house, on top of each other, and continuing to breed at a rapid pace without ever discussing the idea of some of them moving out to another house? Yeah, I might joke about fire-bombing them.

But I guess I have a strange sense of humor. It seems though that as I have repeatedly stated that I was joking, that even if you don't get my sense of humor you should be able to take it for what it is and move on.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Starred, you really know your bats.

Thanks for the info.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
why is everybody so sensitive over a joke about fire bombing a cave full of rabbi infested bats... boo...hoo....

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Yeah, the outrage is a bit confusing to me. I was especially surprised to find that 50 cared so much about bats, until I Googled it and found that 50 Cent has used a significant portion of his fortune to establishing a bat-defense organization called "My Little Niggas Wiff Wings: Doncha Firebomb Dem Bats, Homie".

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Hahahahahahaha, that's some funni a$$ $*it-

Sorry for jumping to conclusions, and for not reading your OP properly.

I have a pretty dark sense of humour too

top topics

<<   2 >>

join