It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When you pull a tarot card your life follows the significance of that card?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

I completely agree, it's a tool, and nothing more.

I understand why religious people may find it concerning, that's their belief and I respect that 110%. I simply don't understand how it could be demonic any more than therapy or pareidolia is. Cards are cards, they're made of laminated paper with images that you can interpret symbolically and apply to your situation.

The same thing could be done with clouds. Look up at the sky, if you look at a cloud and interpret it as looking like a dog, is that Satanic? No. Tarot is no different, other than the reader giving advice and using symbolism to help look at a situation from a different perspective.

I do believe there is a spiritual element, but it's only as spiritual as you make it. If I put enough intention on that cloud that looks like a dog meaning something more than just a cloud that looks like a dog, then I go through the mental process of interpreting it and using it as a mental tool.

edit on 7-2-2012 by Astarot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

What's revealed is essentially the TYPE of path that you're going to be on based on where you've been and where you're at now. Some people don't have it in them to make that "diagnosis" themselves, so this is where a tarot reading can come in handy.
So,what I understand is ,when you read them you influence your future,if you don't read them you might have a chance to escape from a bad determined future.

You influence your future by getting a bit more insight into how your past and present connect with each other. It's kinda like that old saying " If you don't know history, you're doomed to repeat it."

I don't see how NOT reading them can help you escape from anything. Other than to say that ignorance is bliss. If you don't know anything, then everything is OK. Tarot cards are a tool you can use to help you gain more knowlege about yourself. The way they work somehow helps sharpen your intuitive skills so eventually, you wont need them at all. They helped you gain the skills you need to trust your instincts.

Knowlege is power, so the more knowlege you have about something(s) the better off you are. The more power you have over your own life. Tarot cards help you gain that. The cards, in and of themselves, have nothing to do with what is good or bad in your life. How you interprate them into your life is what dictates the good or bad that come from them.

For example, the Tower card is widely believed to be the most negative major arcana in the deck. All the other cards that surround it also have to be taken into consideration though before it can be determined if the Tower card, in that particular reading, is bad or good. It's kind of like people. You can't take one person by themself and make a determination whether they're good or bad. How they interconnect with other people is what helps make that determination.

There is no one black or white, good or bad card in a tarot deck. They all have to be taken into consideration with each other.

youtu.be...

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Astarot

I think because some people equate Tarot reading with channeling and just in my own opinion and I am no expert, I myself do not channel or open myself up to possible outside forces or entities that are not in my own dimension.

Tarot is not channeling though unless one channels while Tarot Reading and I never have.

Again, what people classify as "magick" today will be explained by quantum physics tomorrow.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Astarot

I always believed Tarot was an ancient tool and the cards represent aspects within us or potential aspects.
much the same as the original philosophy behind much mythology.
ie the heros and villians etc are within us - therefore Tarot is a learning tool as are other ancient systems.
By the way earlier I just pulled one card from the net - Magician - would love to hear what that card contains

edit on 7-2-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-2-2012 by artistpoet because: typo

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by Astarot

I think because some people equate Tarot reading with channeling and just in my own opinion and I am no expert, I myself do not channel or open myself up to possible outside forces or entities that are not in my own dimension.

Tarot is not channeling though unless one channels while Tarot Reading and I never have.

Again, what people classify as "magick" today will be explained by quantum physics tomorrow.

I completely agree.

It's more of a mental process one goes through by interpretation. If someone is good at interpreting, and sees enough connections within the cards, then they'll get an accurate reading. It's not about channeling a spirit or demon, or any of that rubbish, it's simply making connections and projecting them to the client.

Now, there are those who do believe they channel spirits and whatnot in the process of the tarot, though I'm not one of them, therefore I can't speak from personal experience in that regard. I read cards much like a person solves a math problem. Is Algebra demonic?
It's simply problem solving.

Now, that being said, I have given readings that were eerily accurate in naming personality traits and describing situations to a tee in which I had no previous knowledge of. This is where I do believe there is a spiritual element of sorts, but I wouldn't go as far as saying that it's channeling, it's more like the cards were placed on the table for a reason, so fate, if you will.

That's just a personal perspective.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet
reply to post by Astarot

I always believed Tarot was an ancient tool and the cards represent aspects within us or potential aspects.
much the same as the original philosophy behind much mythology.
ie the heros and villians etc are within us - therefore Tarot is a learning tool as are other ancient systems.
By the way earlier I just pulled one card from the net - Magician - would love to hear what that card contains

edit on 7-2-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

All 78 cards, in my opinion, represent parts of the human personality, our emotions, and situations we face and their potential outcomes. Every single card is symbolic for something we feel inside, have felt, or will feel. A tarot deck in a sense is just a bunch of different symbols that almost everyone can relate to, to some degree. The Devil represents our potential for control, our ability to abuse, our addictive tendencies -- things we may not act out on (or may!) that are either part of us or we have the potential to do. Temperance may represent our abilities to balance out emotions, find kindness, and find combination. Both the Devil and Temperance play a part in our lives, in a sense. What we're capable of doing, how we act, etc.

The Magician is very much about problem solving, taking action, experiencing power, and acting consciously. It's a great card for creation, it's about a person putting all their consciousness on a topic, getting things done, and sometimes finding alternative methods to situations, which is rather humorous, considering that's kind of what this thread is all about! It's about creativity, using talents, and pursuing knowledge with an open mind. Those are just a few definitions.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Astarot

So many things have been corrupted through time.
Tarot cards are a way of containing initition that was supressed by closed minded religous ones.
Even the Gods/Godesses of Ancient Egyptian Mythology are but Tarot type characters which are aspects of the initiate or student. All are aspects of ourselves - Yet ones who wanted this knowledge for their own used it to control others that is why we see the rise of priests and priestesses - Within the true philosophy is We are all equal and divine beings in our true nature and each is soveriegn unto their self ie not a priest or priestess or government etc. Akenhenaten has been mis represented by history is it still is so today.
He fought no wars but chose to trade with Egypts old enemies - He closed down the religous hierachy - He was against Magic but Magic was the way of an elite class who held reign over ordinary people.
He was a nature lover and poet who gave free reign to the heavily restricted artists - His temples were places of learning - His emblem was the Sun - He said the Sun shines equally on all - Like Jesus the priests plotted and murdered him

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Astarot

Thank you for your reply I got it after my last post.
What you say may perfect sense - I think down the ages Tarot has somehow been demonised by religous ones
And so today many are wary of it without understanding it

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

You're exactly right. We all have potential and capabilities -- all the tarot is, is a bunch of different potentials and capabilities. Within that, there are primary traits people display, primary emotions of outcomes, and other useful information we can use to grow intuitively and become better problem solvers.

Knowledge is power, and that can be wonderful or terrible depending on who wields it.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

You're missing the point......it has NOTHING to do with the cards. The point is focusing on ANYTHING "creates" it in your life! What a gift, to understand this. Too bad that you aren't, if you would pay attention to what I'm saying........I just gave the greatest gift anyone could ever receive. Which is how to create anything in your life you want or need.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angelicdefender2012

You're missing the point......it has NOTHING to do with the cards. The point is focusing on ANYTHING "creates" it in your life! What a gift, to understand this. Too bad that you aren't, if you would pay attention to what I'm saying........I just gave the greatest gift anyone could ever receive. Which is how to create anything in your life you want or need.

I understand your frustration Angel, but try not to be so hard on her. Yes, she sounds a bit confused about ceratin things........on a personal level. But don't let that fool you. She could be very successful at what she does for a living. You might be surprised at how many people there are in this world like that. She sounds like someone who put herself into a "comfort zone" where no one else is allowed in, painted herself into a personal corner and is now trying to get herself out. I can relate. To a certain degree I did the same thing when I was younger. Only I didn't become successful at what I wanted to do. If that is indeed DS's case. I can tell you from personal experience that the harder people try to get you out of your shell, the more you revert back into it. This is something she needs to do herself with gentle nudging from friends whenever she asks for a little help. And when the day comes that she does get out of her personal shell, I sincerely hope she has good people around her. I didn't.

I'm just basing all of this "deep" stuff by what I see on the surface. Maybe that's why she's here on this board to begin with?

Anyway, I agree with you that we all make our own reality. Whether that involves always following other people or forging your own path, we are all in control of our own lives.

Now, if we could just get more people to take more accountability for what they do, ( not DS, she's trying) we could actually get somewhere.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Just for the record DS, what I stated in my posts about this subject are my own personal experiences. They worked for me and helped me. They worked, if for no other reason, because I wanted them to. You seem fixated on the one card method. You want to sort a few questions out to make THAT option work. It's worked for other people so it can work for you as well. You just have to get out of the mindset that it's all about the card. The card doesn't control you, you control the card. It may show you something but YOU have to act on it.

Look at it this way. When we're born we're all a blank piece of paper. As we live our lives, WE are the ones writing on it. You are the only one with the pencil because it's your life. Some people write (live) more than others. Some people only write (live) about 1 or 2 certain things, some people write about many, some people don't write at all. I don't know how old you are, but judging form the amount of questions you ask on this board, I think it's safe to say that after many years you just now started to pick up the pencil and started writing (living). Right now all you're writing (living) about is asking questions. And in a big way that's about the wisest thing you can do DS. I mean really, how else are yougoing to learn something if you don't ask questions? But there comes a time when you have to start taking the advice people give you and stop asking questions long enough to try out the answers. Put down the pencil long enough to live out what you wrote. There are times when you might make a mistake or two and that's alright. That's life. That's what friends are for. To help you up when you fall down. Try not to focus so much on how change equals bad things. Change be a very good thing. It can put you on cloud 9.

The good thing about Tarot that helped me I think is that it's an impersonal method that can help you lead a better personal life. On the surface a tarot card is an inanimate object. But the 78 different meanings that are painted on the cards all represent very personal matters that are real to every human on this planet. Don't ask me how they did it, but the people who first invented these cards did something EXTREMELY right because here we are, some 650 years later, and the methods still work.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Angelicdefender2012

You're missing the point......it has NOTHING to do with the cards
Not about the cards but about the way they are influencing our life by using them,that is what I believe.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Look at it this way. When we're born we're all a blank piece of paper. As we live our lives, WE are the ones writing on it. You are the only one with the pencil because it's your life. Some people write (live) more than others.
We or others write on that sheet of paper depends on who or what leads destiny, but often writing pencil is too dull,and we cannot get another.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

You influence your future by getting a bit more insight into how your past and present connect with each other. It's kinda like that old saying " If you don't know history, you're doomed to repeat it."
I think that everything is predestined to happen is written somewhere and we can not do anything than to change the little by little of what is happening, in direct proportion to our nature.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by seraphnb

S+F~ I agree with you, OP, that the placebo effect may also be the cause for the "supernatural" future-predicting abilities of tarot cards, fortune tellers, psychics, etc. I believe that mankind cannot tell or travel into the future, as it is as fluid as free will.
Very interesting idea" as fluid as free will",then we must understand that tarot cards affect us as we use them ,or as we go to other persons of this kind they could hurt us by implementing wrong ideas about our lives and future.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Why this question?

If you believe in the cards then your furture is predicted.So you picked the right card.
If dont believe in the cards then you dont worrie to pick just a card.
As far as i know the tarrot cards has to be read as complete set like the celtic cross.
It is just a guide line for the one who reads them.To know what he or she needs to tell about the one.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mprins998

If you believe in the cards then your furture is predicted.
I don't believe but many do,and harm themselves without realizing.

As far as i know the tarrot cards has to be read as complete set like the celtic cross.
I don't know how the tarot cards work,I never did.

It is just a guide line for the one who reads them.To know what he or she needs to tell about the one.
I will stay to my opinion that they show what we shouldn't see in order not to happen.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Look at it this way. When we're born we're all a blank piece of paper. As we live our lives, WE are the ones writing on it. You are the only one with the pencil because it's your life. Some people write (live) more than others.
We or others (who) write on that sheet of paper depends on who or what leads (our) destiny, but often (the) writing pencil is too dull,and we cannot get another.

With all due respect, if you think you can't get another pencil, another point of view to help fill your paper, why are you here? You said your pencil is too dull. Are you just trying to make a dull pencil as good as it can be? If that's the case, it would be fair to say that you're "sharpening your pencil".

You kind of seem to be in the mindset that you already are as good as you're going to get, and that you're trying to use that dull pencil for as long as you can. Life is a journey sweetie, not a destination. You need to stop thinking that other people or things have more control over you than YOU do. True, a tarot card can help show you the way, but YOU are ultimatley the one who has to go that way. At that point YOU are in control. To see it otherwise would be like saying a road map has more control over you than you, who is doing the driving, have.

I know you're listening to my advice just like you're listening to other peoples' advice. Because you want to learn.

You want another pencil.

youtu.be...

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I think that everything is predestined to happen ( and ) is written somewhere and we can not do anything than to change the little by little of what is happening, in direct proportion to our nature.

You think your nature is pre-destined while I think our nature is something that we use to make our destinty.

Let me give you a real life example. My father was an alcoholic. He had an addictive personality. When I was born I too was born with an addictive personality. I never knew my father physically ( personally ) , therefore, he had no direct influence over me. My NATURE is what made me follow in his footsteps. To a certain point. If I were to think like you, I would believe that I would die of pnuemonia because of drinking my ENTIRE life before I hit 60, because that is my destiny. Because that was his. But I'm not going to die of pnuemonia because I quit drinking at 30. Dying young like that not my destiny. How do I know? Because I learned from something that happened in my PAST that if you keep doing things to your body that is proven to destroy it, you're going to die young. I don't know exactly HOW I'm going to die, but I know I'm not going to repeat the mistakes of my father because I'm not following in his footsteps anymore. I'm following in my own footsteps because I stopped living the life he did and started living my own. By making my own destiny. And I think that way because I really had no choice but to think that way. When you have no one you can depend on, you depend on yourself.

You're right though DS, on a very basic level our lives are mapped out for us. But I for one don't know how my life is going to end, therefore, I don't know EXACTLY what my destiny is. That being the case, how do I know I'm shaping it by doing the little things I'm doing, if I don't know what it is to begin with? All I know is that I try to be a better man today than I was yesterday. And I really believe that I can't do that if I believe that since my destiny is pre-determined that I'm already as good as I'm going to get. And that the little things I do are merely helping shape what is already there.

I don't mean any disrespect DS, but there's a part of me that really wishes I could still see things your way. When I was younger I used to and it was a very comfortable way to live. Always believing that something else was in ultimate control shaping my life for me. Let's just say that my decision making process was VERY easy because I thought that my decisions didn't really matter much anyway because I wasn't really in control.
But because of outside circumstances, circumstances that came in from the real world and shattered my illusion that I didn't have to do anything for myself, I was pretty much thrown into the world and left to my own devices. I was left making my own destiny. I had no choice.

People have this basic fear of the unknown and I think that's why most people are comfortable with believing their lives are pre-destined. Everything is already known and all they have to do is fill in a few insignificant blanks. I never had that luxury. THAT was MY destiny. Not having one by choice.

On a side note, I've got a lyric that I wrote a long time ago that I'll post someday real soon that you might like.
edit on 11-2-2012 by Taupin Desciple because: Clarity

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join