It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When you pull a tarot card your life follows the significance of that card?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
The cards have no significance, so the answer is no.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
reply to post by artistpoet

If you dont like Tarot dont use it but to demonise it is just wrong
I didn't demonize it,just like in the title I just ask, "When you pull a tarot card your life follows the significance of that card?" ,that is all!

I know what you are saying though I would add that it depends what interpratation is placed on the card pulled.
A lot of it is pure balony - Like crossing someones palm with silver - So many charlatans fool others and that is plain wrong. Stop believing a card pulled influences events in your life as it is not true honestly.
It is you who influences your life by your own decisions and choices and sure no one can control everything that happens in their lifes. Stop worrying about things that are not my friend
edit on 7-2-2012 by artistpoet because: typo

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
You mean like no power?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
You mean like no power?

They are bits of paper with pretty pictures and interesting stories attached to them. Nothing more, nothing less. The pieces of paper contain no magic at all.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Stop worrying about things that are not my friend
I am not worrying for me.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

The pieces of paper contain no magic at all.
The paper card itself no,but the words they are saying by interpreting,yes,I am sure of that.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Stop worrying about things that are not my friend
I am not worrying for me.

Now I understand better -
Yes what Aeons says is spot on

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

reply to post by Aeons

The pieces of paper contain no magic at all.
The paper card itself no,but the words they are saying by interpreting,yes,I am sure of that.

Things are what you make them.

A reading does not pin down probabilities into some unchangeable format. Contemplating how your choices might be impacted by probabilities to make that happen is an excellent method to entertain paranoia and insanity.

A reader has no special power in another's life. Make things as you would have them.
edit on 2012/2/7 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Or others,by calling some spirits,that are beyond some normal understanding...but what do I know,maybe you are right.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

A reader has no special power in another's life.
No he has not,but some things can be done unconscious,without understanding the consequences,or why they are happening.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

reply to post by Aeons

Or others,by calling some spirits,that are beyond some normal understanding...but what do I know,maybe you are right.

I'm sorry that you are confused. I wish I could further unconfuse you. No spirit can control one's life, unless you give away what you are to allow it to be so. Time remains what it is, no matter how accurate the reader.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

reply to post by Aeons

A reader has no special power in another's life.
No he has not,but some things can be done unconscious,without understanding the consequences,or why they are happening.

If you wish it to be so. Consequences flow from what one is doing, or from things already done. Things already done have the moment of now to to have their consequences be modified in.

So you remain with the same conclusion - now is the only moment you have. How you use it, I would not suggest you allow the subconscious of another to control.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

No spirit can control one's life, unless you give away what you are to allow it to be so
Yes, spirits can control lives,but only if we accept it.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

reply to post by Aeons

No spirit can control one's life, unless you give away what you are to allow it to be so
Yes, spirits can control lives,but only if we accept it.

Close enough.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

So you remain with the same conclusion - now is the only moment you have. How you use it, I would not suggest you allow the subconscious of another to control.
I think it is a relative subject from both points of view,no one can get to a right conclusion,or tell the absolute or relative truth.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Short answer: No. Longer answer: Hell no. Generally speaking, when you pull a tarot card from the deck, it is an indicator of some things which may be influencing your life or which may be about to influence it. We have free will, so nothing is written in stone.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LibertyLover

We have free will, so nothing is written in stone.
Free will to choose the use of evil cards.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I have read tarot cards for years, and can confidently say that the tarot is merely a tool.

Skeptics overuse the "cold reading" claim. It's simply a lazy explanation that requires absolutely no investigation. I've given readings online, over email, and in many instances have never even seen the photo of the individual I have read. When doing readings, I never ask for personal information. Someone with a true gift of interpreting the cards doesn't need to know specifics.

That being said, I believe that the cards illuminate the path you're on. The cards don't define your future exactly, they just give you some insight as to what one aspect of the outcome will be.

For example, I could ask, "How will I feel about my new job in two months?"

Then, say, I draw the Fool card. This means being naive and careless, or in some interpretations, having fun and enjoying myself. In two months, I doubt I'll feel happy and careless about every aspect of my job, all the cards are saying is that it will be an aspect of the ultimate outcome. The Fool does not necessarily define my job as a whole -- merely a primary aspect of how I'll feel about it.

Those who judge the tarot generally don't even know enough about it. They're the types that draw the Death card and freak out. It's The Devil and The Tower that are worth concern, Death is one of the most positive cards in the deck, in my opinion.

Tarot isn't demonic, Satanic, or wrong in any way shape or form. It's a tool to give you a bit of insight into your subconscious. It's a problem solving mechanism. In my readings, I like to say that I act more as a therapist than a tarot reader, because I give my reading and then give my advice on how the cards apply. There are charlatans out there who will use mysticism to entice people when they're far from mystic. Tarot is a tool, and it really only has as much spiritual significance as you give it. Even if you don't believe in them, it doesn't hurt to get a reading, it might just help you look at situations differently and find methods of problem solving you may not have originally thought of.

edit on 7-2-2012 by Astarot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

S+F~ I agree with you, OP, that the placebo effect may also be the cause for the "supernatural" future-predicting abilities of tarot cards, fortune tellers, psychics, etc. I believe that mankind cannot tell or travel into the future, as it is as fluid as free will.

ETA: I do not believe that it is spirits, or magic, or any other evil art that influences you, the future, or the reliability of tarot during consultations with psychics. Maybe I am silly to approach this from a scientific, not spiritual aspect, but that is just my opinion on the matter.

The way I see it, science is continually discovering new phenomena (such as the placebo effect and quantum entanglement) and I believe that these discoveries will eventually solve the origins of all superstition or belief- religion, magic, mythology and legend. Already we have solved the mysteries of the Ebu Gogo with the discovery of Homo floresiensis.

Just my two cents,
Seraph
edit on 7-2-2012 by seraphnb because: ETA

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

No upsetness here.

I have also found some of the Native American and Buddhist traditions meaningful.

As previously stated, I see Tarot Cards as simply another tool to pull out or connect with your higher self/subconscious.

No more, no less.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join