It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When you pull a tarot card your life follows the significance of that card?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

Tarot cards are a very ancient form of containing occult initiatian information which was surpressed by religion through the ages - a sort of secret code if you like
Should remain ancient used by the ancients,in the modern times I think we must be more informed then using tarot cards,as about secret codes I don't know,a secret code for what!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

We, (again my own opinion) are all interconnected, all a part of the whole.
Clearly we are all interconnected but not by cards,as as they are used as a tool I don't know,maybe,depend of what kind of tool we are talking about.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

I see nothing wrong with Tarot apart from one's who use them to fool others into parting with money.
Yes secret codes or symbols to be more correct but to discuss that is a whole other subject.
If you do not like them do not use them but evil spirits gouls etc are a figment of the imagination

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I see nothing wrong with Tarot
Maybe not,only depend by who use them and how,and if we agree there is a dark side of the tarot cards.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I would agree we are all inter connected
Yes Tarot is an ancient form or framework for understanding the big picture or our own self

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith

I see nothing wrong with Tarot
Maybe not,only depend by who use them and how,and if we agree there is a dark side of the tarot cards.

Yes it depends what we invest into them - everything has a dark side.
Tarot does not suit you obviously
But to demonise it would be wrong - This is why Heretics were burned at the stake through fear of something they did not understand.
edit on 7-2-2012 by artistpoet because: typo

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
These implements are merely a prop. They give the reader and the questioner an exterior force on which to hang the information.

The cards mean nothing at all.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Maybe the tarot cards is some kind of delivery for those who are searching hope,and understanding of the world we are living in,using other meanings.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

They give the reader and the questioner an exterior force on which to hang the information.
Or influence the future just by aleatory reading,influencing the spirits to take the decision that opposites the questioner to the reader.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Maybe the tarot cards is some kind of delivery for those who are searching hope,and understanding of the world we are living in,using other meanings.

Yes I think you are right - why use Tarot if we are not searching for some answer.
Yet I do not use Tarot but just for fun I pulled a card from the pack online just now and got The Magician - But I assure you I will not try to turn you into a frog

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

But to demonise it would be wrong - This is why Heretics were burned at the stake through fear of something they did not understand.
Heretics were burned for science,good real science.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Yet I do not use Tarot but just for fun I pulled a card from the pack online just now and got The Magician
Sorry I don't know the meanings of the tarot cards,or what The Magician is,but still I think using them could harm at least some people.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

Heretics were burned for many reasons - A difference of faith for one or merely collecting medicinal herbs was another.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
The cards are merely a way for you to hang information in a projected narrative using a predetermined story line to allow your mind to relax in a way that allows you to maintain your individuation and the individuation of the questioner. Giving both a safer format in which to engage in an exchange of information that would otherwise be too invasive for both.

The cards mean nothing. The mystery involved is significantly more impressive than cards or spirits.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

What's revealed is essentially the TYPE of path that you're going to be on based on where you've been and where you're at now. Some people don't have it in them to make that "diagnosis" themselves, so this is where a tarot reading can come in handy.
So,what I understand is ,when you read them you influence your future,if you don't read them you might have a chance to escape from a bad determined future.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

The mystery involved is significantly more impressive than cards or spirits.
And what if everything you read in the tarot cards will happen in the next period of time and all of them bad things,will you have a second reading?

edit on 7-2-2012 by diamondsmith because: y

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

A difference of faith
We cannot call tarot cards, faith.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Pleease don't get upset on me,pleease,,,All native american magic traditions are a thousand times better then tarot cards because they have true and real faith and love for tradition and for their ancestors.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

A difference of faith
We cannot call tarot cards, faith.

In their ancient context they (Tarot) can be regarded as a faith a belief - It was The Mother Church of Rome that slaughtered any who did not follow their teachings - Cathers Occultists they even brought Gallileo to trail for heresy - Hardly scientific reasons for mass murder as you stated before.
If you dont like Tarot dont use it but to demonise it is just wrong

edit on 7-2-2012 by artistpoet because: typo

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

If you dont like Tarot dont use it but to demonise it is just wrong
I didn't demonize it,just like in the title I just ask, "When you pull a tarot card your life follows the significance of that card?" ,that is all!

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join