It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When you pull a tarot card your life follows the significance of that card?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
That is what I believe.

To pull a tarot card we can change our lives,in a bad way.Our lives could follow that path,so I think it's better not to use them.

But we never verify this,if we don't use them we cannot say if that change our life in a good way,if we use them we cannot blame them if something bad is happening to us.

How can we find if a card of tarot really change our life!

Maybe if we pull a tarot card and we show it to another person and after a time period that person will tell us what card we pulled, and we corroborate the significance of the card with what happened to us in that period of time,we will know if the cards are telling the truth about our future.

What do you think,could your life change just by pulling a tarot card?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Tarot card reading is probability - Cold reading. I think Derren Brown may interest you:

Never been a fan of tarot card reading, iv been to 3 my self and every time they just tell me something that would fit in with everybody's lives as well as mine. most of the time you can pick out parts of a persons life just by what they wear, their mannerism and attitude towards the "reader"

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

Tarot card reading is probability - Cold reading. I think Derren Brown may interest you:
Thank you for that video,"Cold reading" probably like a cold snake,just by using them could change our lives in a bad way.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Reply to post by diamondsmith

Oh my. If this is true just imagine how many lives have been ruined flipping a coin.....of course you never know that your life is destroyed because you never live the life where the other side landed face up....or horocopes.....or iching or palm reading or crystal ball readings........snitch please. Its all hogwash

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

If this is true just imagine how many lives have been ruined flipping a coin.
It's an entire industry and we never know what is good or what is bad in reading tarot cards,but I think there is only one way to find the truth.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

I have only seen tarot cards once. It was in high school around 14 years ago...everyone in class got to pull a card...I pulled the death card

I normally don't care about these things but I must admit I was spooked. Fortunately, I'm still alive and there hasn't been any "out of the ordinary" death in my life or those around me. The tarot card reader told me the death card could be a good thing, such as the death of a bad habit for example.

Either way, I'm not sold on the workings of tarot cards.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

The tarot card reader told me the death card could be a good thing, such as the death of a bad habit for example.
Could be,but I think is better not to use them,to know that future before is happening doesn't always means that we can change that future...in a good way.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   

I agree with you, I try to avoid anything to do with them ever since that incident from many years ago.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Tarot cards are a tool for guidance purposes only.

The cards themselves hold no power, its the interpretation by the reader which gives them meaning.

Obviously there are frauds out there in the world, by there are also individuals who are sensitive, and do posess an ability to gleam aspects of the person they are reading for, throught the interpretation of the imagery on the cards.

Our lives are by far more impacted by the quantum level, than a card with a drawing on it.unless you conciously buy into the interpretation as it were.

Oh and any tarot reader worth their salt will never give you bad news, they will always keep it positive, regardless of what they see, so if they saw your relationship coming to an end, they would say there is an indictation from the cards for the need to communicate with someone close to you.

By saying the above, not only are you giving positive guidance, which depsite what the cards might say, could serve enough of a warning to prevent break up in the first place, by drawing attention to the need for communication.

Oh and the death card, is never a bad thing, its meaning is of new beginings, and fresh starts.

It's the Tower card you want to watch out for !

edit on 7-2-2012 by solargeddon because: typo's ....didn't see them coming lol

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Very good not to use them anymore like other dark "things" that can tell us the so called"future",maybe spirits could work through those things.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by solargeddon

Our lives are by far more impacted by the quantum level, than a card with a drawing on it.unless you conciously buy into the interpretation as it were.
I know...some things about this matter and how they are working and I have seen to other people that just by pulling a tarot card they have change their lives.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

But its the reaction to the interpretation, not the card itself necessarily.

If something is pre-determined, then its going to happen whether a card is drawn or not, by having drawn a card you have drawn attention to a pre-determined event or issue, it doesn't come into being by the act of drawing the card, hence why it is percieved to be paranormal, its supposed to be somewhat supernatural to know of an event before it occurs.

Interestingly enough, I have had readings where nothing has transpired at all, and they were meant to be fantastic readers.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Hey you, how ya been? Funny coincidence this topic.

Here's a site that can shed some light on this for you: www.angelpaths.com...

The first thing you need to know is that pulling just one card out of the deck does nothing. Except show you what that card is of course. Tarot cards have been around since 1457, I think they started in Italy, and have gone through many changes since then. There are many different types of decks, meaning that various people have put their own designs on them, and there are different spreads you can use which will put variants on the readings. Meaning that one spread will highlight the emotional part of you while another will highlight the business aspects of your life.

I learned how to read the Celtic spread when I was in my early 20's,( it pretty much covers all the bases) I actually started to get interested in it when I was in Germany, but I haven't done any of that for a very long time. Back then I was heavy into Wicca and tarot cards and it did have an influence over me. A positive one I might add. I don't know if it means anything, but I was heavy into Aerosmith too.

youtu.be... ( Of all people to tell me to get back in touch with me mum, it was those guys

The bottom line is that you get out of it what you put in. There is a kind of science to it all because in order to get an in-depth and accurate reading you have to know how to interpret a specific spread, you have to know the difference between the major and minor characters, how they influence the preceeding and proceeding cards, and, if you're having someone else do the reading for you, you have to keep communicating with that person as the reading progresses.

Myself, I always did my own readings. It took some time before I was good at it to where I was actually given insight into my future. Keep in mind that reading tarot cards doesn't mean that your future will be revealed to you. There is no crystal ball here. What's revealed is essentially the TYPE of path that you're going to be on based on where you've been and where you're at now. Some people don't have it in them to make that "diagnosis" themselves, so this is where a tarot reading can come in handy.

I don't know about other self-readers, but in my case that method seems to have helped me gain the knowlege I needed to make educated guesses as to where my life is headed. I basically learned how to somewhat predict my future based on where I've been and where I'm at now. They all tie into each other and it's a real trick to be able to see HOW they all tie in.

If anything, it helps to know this so you can be better prepared to make whatever choices you need to make so you can be sure to stay on the right path.

Thanks for bringing this up. I kinda miss it all. If you have any more questions, PM me.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Tarot cards are only a simplistic tool. And to become dependant upon them every day is a big negative in life... because a person will not grow out of the usage of the tool and so will not develop much further at all.

Yes pulling a card can change your life... but only if you make the choices in each moment to bring that direction into your reality.

Being a simplistic tool, the use of Tarot is like Babies learning to crawl before walking. except Babies grow out of crawling and move onto walking then running. Most Tarot users do not.

Lots of psychics use a tarot deck as a tool to initiate their own insight.. although many do not use their own insight but rely on the cards only... crawling and not learning to walk. These people are NOT psychics because an honest psychic needs no tools to initiate insight.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

And to become dependant upon them every day is a big negative in lif
There are people who are addict of tarot cards but I think there are ways to escape this addiction by understanding of the harm they can do.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I will tell you this.......many years ago I had just moved to southern Cali, and looking for employment. So I sat home every day waiting bynthe phone for an interview call back from wherever! And I started drawing and painting tarot cards. After about the third one......I realized that whatever card I was painting was happening to me. I couldn't believe it. Knowing in my heart of hearts that they possess no inherent powers of their own..... recruited the help of my boyfriend, at the time. Because I was certain I was creating my own reality! The cards I chose to paint were obviously very good ones...I made sure of it! In the interim I became gainfully employed and was now moving in with that same boyfriend. We decided to test my theory, together! So we would pick whatever card we wanted to happen in our lives, same card...but to see if it would happen to us both in our individual lives, separate from each other as a couple. We were choosing a card and putting it on our dresser mirror so we could subconsciously see it while we were passing by it and getting ready in the mornings and when we returned in the evenings. We made the decision to keep it there for 6 months and we tested this theory over and over. Well.....guess what? It was true! No question....it was happening to us both! At which time I figured out that it wasn't really the card.....it was whatever we were focusing on intently! We discovered the secret to life! So from that day forward, I started co-creating my entire life! Today I teach this through spiritual counceling. Co-creation. So the answer to your question is absolutely! But the key is to not "pick" by chance....but choose what card you want to happen.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Angelicdefender2012

But the key is to not "pick" by chance....but choose what card you want to happen.
The psychics always give the "by chance" chance,in order to show you that is the hand of destiny,though they never tell you the truth,that you can be harmed by"chance".

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Angelicdefender2012

We were choosing a card and putting it on our dresser mirror so we could subconsciously see it while we were passing by it and getting ready in the mornings and when we returned in the evenings. We made the decision to keep it there for 6 months and we tested this theory over and over. Well.....guess what? It was true! No question....it was happening to us both!
Glad for you,that things happened that way,I will never give it a try.even if I know that good cards will do good things,I always feel better without cards and horoscopes and all the other things.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Tarot cards are a very ancient form of containing occult initiatian information which was surpressed by religion through the ages - a sort of secret code if you like
Today they are mostly used for no more that titalatin or entertainment.
The standard pack of playing cards owes much to a distortion of Tarot.
There are no good or bad cards.
Each card is a representation of an inner aspect of ourselves.
To think that some demonic force can take us over is mere fantasy do not invest in such notions or You will srew Your self up over something which is not true.

edit on 7-2-2012 by artistpoet because: typos

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Myself, on and off I've used tarot cards for 48 years.

My view is they are nothing more than a valuable tool. A link to your subconscious mind and possibly what some term the "universal mind".

We, (again my own opinion) are all interconnected, all a part of the whole.
edit on 7-2-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join