The Edge of Reality - Updated Report on the Illinois Police UFO case, January 5th, 2000.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
+13 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Former MUFON Director David Marler gives a preface to an updated documentary below concerning a huge, unidentified triangular-shaped object witnessed by police officers flying at low altitude over populated areas of Illinois in the early morning hours of January 5th, 2000.

Police officers and residents described the triangular UFO as 'huge' with three white lights towards the concaved rear, they also reported it made no sound and travelled at extremely high rates of speed with one officer stating the object covered an area of 6 miles in 2 to 3 seconds.

Whatever the origins of the object, the video is a pretty fascinating one with some very interesting eye-witness testimony -it also contains the police dispatch radio transmissions recorded whilst several (seperately located) police officers were witnessing the object.

YouTube Exclusive* Preface by David Marler, MUFON Illinois State Director who investigated the 1/5/2000 triangle sighting.

On January 5, 2000, a silent, massive UFO flew over several sleeping towns in Illinois and was witnessed by many, including four police officers who testify on-camera. This program includes a follow-up analysis of possible propulsion systems and is the only video document that captures all the primary witnesses in one program..

Darryl Barker has also conducted an in depth report about the incident below containing maps with the 'flightpath' of the object, official police documents, witness sketches/descriptions, photograph analysis etc.. -it also contains a list of U.S. Government agencies who are said to have accessed the report:

Partial List of U.S. Government Agencies that have accessed this UFO Report

THE UNITED STATES SENATE,

THE UNITED STATES HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES,

THE U.S. DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE,

THE UNITED STATES TREASURY,

THE U.S. DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY (DOE),

THE U.S. CENTER FOR DISEASE CONTROL (CDC)

THE U.S. FEDERAL AVIATION ADMINISTRATION (FAA),

THE U.S. DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY,

THE U.S. TRANSPORTATION SAFETY AUTHORITY (TSA)

THE U.S. NATIONAL SCIENCE FOUNDATION (NSF),

THE U.S. CENTRAL INTELLIGENCE AGENCY (CIA),

THE U.S. NATIONAL AERONAUTICS AND SPACE ADMINISTRATION (NASA),

THE U.S. NATIONAL OCEANIC AND ATMOSPHERIC ADMINISTRATI0N (NOAA),

LOS ALAMOS NATIONAL LABORATORY (Home of the Atomic Bomb),

SANDIA, ARGONNE and FERMI NATIONAL LABORATORIES,

THE U.S. SPACE AND NAVAL WARFARE SYSTEMS CENTER,

THE U.S. AIR FORCE SPACE COMMAND (AFSPC)

THE U.S. DEFENSE INFORMATION SYSTEMS AGENCY (DISA)

THE U.S. NAVAL SATELLITE OPERATIONS CENTER (NAVSOC))

U.S. 'BLACK' PROGRAM AIRCRAFT GOVERNMENT CONTRACTORS:

BOEING, LOCKHEED MARTIN, NORTHRUP GRUMMAN, AND RAYTHEON,

The U.S. ARMY....NAVY.....AIR FORCE....and MARINES,

and THE PENTAGON.

Full Updated Report
edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Very interesting, S&F, I have seen 3 Triangles of this exact description before, about 6 months ago, so i'm very excited to hear someone else's take on it.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I just finished watching,

That was such a well made documentary, and really well documented by those police officers.

I have to agree that this particular craft was likley E.T or E.D, I find it interesting how it seemed to fly about checking out the towns, it reminds me of another event, in Yorkshire England if I recall correctly, where 3 police officers early in the morning saw a craft appear, scan the land with a light beam - and then disappeared.

Makes me think Extra - Dimensional beings are forever popping in our reality, and possibly don't know exactly where or what point in time they have arrived at - so they scan or have a look around.

I think the vast amounts of reliable witness statements reported, claiming to see all kinds of occupants to UFO's, only adds weight to the E.D hypothesis - but I am totally open to Extraterrestrials too.

Wouldn't these police officers in Illinois have dashboard cams?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
This is a really interesting case
I suspect it was a stealth blimp like NISD said in their report. It is possible that the eyewitnesses were mistaken about the location and apparent speed of the object.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

this is an interesting read about the history of the stealth blimp

www.thestealthblimp.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Nice update, Karl 12. I was just watching the UFO Hunters segment that covered this and the two big Ohio police chases, as well as reviewing your thread on the Portage County, Ohio case.

In 5 parts on YouTube:
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by dashdespatch

this is an interesting read about the history of the stealth blimp

www.thestealthblimp.com...

How uncritical of information must one be in order to ascribe the Hudson Valley Wave, Belgian Wave, Phoenix Lights, and so many other cases to this same imaginary 'aircraft', the "stealth blimp"? It is laughable.

So is this top secret stealth blimp 100 feet wide, or 300-400, or over 1,000? Because the objects actually described by the witnesses in all of those cases seem to have very little in common, beyond the triangular or delta shape. And... transitioning from very slow or hovering to a speed of over a mile per minute, in an instant... you think our military can do this? What EVIDENCE do you have that our military can do this? And, most mysteriously, why aren't they using such incredible leaps in innovation to actually win wars?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I remember this incident as I live very close to where it occurred. We always assumed that is was military, because Scott Airforce Base is very close to these small towns. I believe that the Dispatcher called the Airforce base and they denied having anything to do with it. Not unusual though.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TeaAndStrumpets

i am sure with a decent engine these blimps could easily achieve 60mph
edit on 7-2-2012 by dashdespatch because: typo

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

My father witnessed the same thing in the same area around the same time, as did a couple of close friends. My father is retired military and a retired police officer and not prone to exaggeration. Personally I think it's very real, and very terrestrial. Stealthy airship with exotic propulsion would be my guess.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TeaAndStrumpets

And... transitioning from very slow or hovering to a speed of over a mile per minute, in an instant... you think our military can do this? What EVIDENCE do you have that our military can do this?

What evidence, besides shaky eyewitness accounts, is there these craft ever reached such high speeds? People are very poor observers.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
thats only 60mph

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TeaAndStrumpets

That question can be reversed, what makes you think the militray can't do that? Do you know how many Top Secret aircrafts are devloped? The militray is years beyond what we know or think we know they are capable of. Science and MIlitarty work very close with each other FYI. Trust me there are things they have done that would suprise anyone.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

One cop said it did six or seven miles in a few seconds. He knew the area very well, and "a few seconds" was the time it took to grab the microphone in the patrol car. Mach 25 is about 7 miles per second. So dividing 25 by "a few" = "a pretty good clip." Supersonic blimps that can withstand 100-g acceleration? Um, . . .

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
the 'staches on those cops are pure Vintage Illinois Police Officers. Awesome. Lil' green men who step off a delta craft in Chi-town would undoubtedly be set-upon by Chicago's finest with a fervor not see since the '68 convention... or to be seen until the G-8. LOL... that is if we all weren't vaporized prior to their landing.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I found the most interesting part to be the courage and maturity displayed by the officers who at HuGE risk to their careers, spoke honestly and candidly. Contrast that to the more common reaction of outright laughter, derision and conditioned ignorance displayed by somebody at the police station command center heard in the background.

Let this be an example to other members of the police and military organizations. Please cast off the conditioned ignorance. Have courage to tell it like it is. We the citizens depend on your honesty in order to know we are on the same team.

Falsehoods are powerless over truths that are self evident. The only way to end this charade and miscarriage of justice is to come together. don't forget the oath you have sworn to uphold the truth. Any suggestion of lying betrays your commanders and should be brought to light.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashdespatch
thats only 60mph

No, 6 miles in 3 seconds = 120 miles/minute. 120 miles/minute = 7200 miles per hour.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MJZoo

sorry didnt have time to watch the movies all other posts here have stated one mile per min thats 60mph no? yes 8 miles per sec is a little too fast for a blimp! but how do you judge speeds for a plane you are unfarmiliar with a eurofighter typhoon flew over my huose last year at low level at high speed. to someone that has not seen this aircraft before looks like a big fast black triangle when banked over you could think think wow that is superfast it must be doing thousands of milrs an hour but it isnt...no sonic boom

its all a mater of knowledge and perspective
edit on 7-2-2012 by dashdespatch because: typo

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I always have to wonder when somebody says that the witnesses were trained to be good observers, yet each one of them describes something significantly different than the others.

Which am I supposed to believe? That they accurately described what they saw, and that they all saw different things, or that they saw the same thing but didn't see it at the same angles so the descriptions wouldn't necessarily match? Because some of the differences can't be reconciled by them seeing the same thing at different angles. So either the fundamental configuration of the object changes, or the object is appearing differently to each officer due to their individual perceptions.

That's a big problem. You can't have it both ways, and I feel that it's glossed over in the report.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2
reply to post by karl 12

My father witnessed the same thing in the same area around the same time, as did a couple of close friends. My father is retired military and a retired police officer and not prone to exaggeration. Personally I think it's very real, and very terrestrial. Stealthy airship with exotic propulsion would be my guess.

No blimp can do 7200 miles per hour.mph exotic engine or not, nice try for the 'its one of ours, dont worry folks' and your fathers credibility was never in doubt.
edit on 7-2-2012 by chaztekno because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join