It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Real People With Mind-Blowing Mutant Superpowers

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by gecrazy
I wish I had the power to turn the sound off my girlfriend

Their like puppies just give them a bone
or a thin plastic card with VISA wrote on it.

I just signed my death warrant...
edit on 8-2-2012 by _R4t_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by wigit

I wish I could say this has taught me something mods but I haven't an earthly idea what I wrote to get my nicely writ post removed and replaced with EXTREME T&C VIOLATION therefore I'm still clueless and fear I might make the same mistake again. EXTREME?
WHAT?

My u2u doesn't explain either, and at the bottom it says "do not reply to this u2u" so I feel I have to have a moan here.

First of all a little mantra - DENY IGNORANCE

And to summarise my orginal post into a tiny one. This is all I was saying-
Everything in life seems to be geared towards us not thinking too much, and I think that might be part of a plan. If it weren't for these distractions we might all have a superpower.

Who did that hurt?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

I too was rather confused when I logged on this morning and saw your post removed, don't remember you writing anything that could be deemed an extreme violation!

Why Time Slows Down In Near-Death...

This is a pretty cool article about how our mind percepts time and space in near death experiences can appear to slow down. Im sure most people have experienced this at one point or another, could we therefore trick our minds into thinking were about to die and slow time down and basically live our existence in a matrix way?
edit on 8-2-2012 by disconnected8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Wigit - the same has happened to me and like you I could not recall exactly what I had written. I have also had all posts with my reference to a particular alternative news site deleted as well - only after months of referencing.

As for Super powers - I think the one super power that we all really need to pay attention to is the mind control that seems to have people just looking like they are living instead of actually living.

Imagine Children attending school and practising their talents and gifts. Imagine Children with healing gifts - working at healing each other and people who are ill. Imagine the Children with the talent for seeing into the future and being able to circumvent evil and manage the environment - for the advantage of all.

Okay so I am a dreamer - but the signs are there. If you can touch electricity and swim in ice cold water - what else could those people offer to their own lives as well as the wider community? The mind boggles at the ideas and possibilities.

Much Peace...

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

Read the article I posted further up about what exists outside space and time. It explains how in theory the mind exists outside of reality and in doing so can see the end of time as-well as the beginning of time itself so I guess if we can understand and comprehend the powers of the tools we already have, humans will be able to achieve things that even the most die hard sci-fi fan cannot imagine!

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
The earliest thing I remember that might be considered a "power" was seeing beings who were not physical.When I was a young child.
In my teens after hearing of mind over matter I trained my mind to believe that fire was not hot and did not burn so that I could pick up hot coal and hold it with no affect. However I did not continue with it once I had achieved it and proven that it was possible.
Physically I am able to be hit in the head with a fist or iron implement without any affect, no pain no damage, although once a sharp piece of metal cut my flesh and dented my forehead for a while. Onlookers looked shocked as the blood ran down my face and asked if I was alright. I actually didn't even know it had happened till I looked in a mirror and watched the dent slowly disappearing?
I was hit in the head with an iron bar once, just shook my head and walked away.
I have had both thumbs sliced in half one through the nail as well and never felt any pain.
Walked away from a number of bike crashes, had skewer through my hand, nothing just pulled it out.
The only time I was down was after a very bad car crash, impact 160 klm ph. direct hit. the car was cut away from me and I was paralyzed for a few days, took months to be able to walk without a stick and use my arm as the shoulder joint and collar bone were broken. no operation. doctors said 50% recovery but i got %90 movement and 50% strength.
few years ago , I am almost 60. got punched or kicked in the head by a strong young Thai boxer. the only time I never saw it coming. As soon as I hit the ground I was straight back up and in his face. no pain no damage. Certainly surprised the people watching and he even backed of?
When I was young I could get out of any rope situation. would let people tie me up with as much rope and knots as they lied, it was only a matter of time and I was free.
In my twenties I learnt to get my consciousness out of my body, call it astral travel or remote viewing. I could do it at will for years but now its just a once or twice a year thing. I dream vividly and many times a night, and have experienced being awake and asleep at the same time or multiple awareness of three different realities at the same time.
I also have had a lifetime of prophetic dreams and meditations, Know things about people instantly, Can sleep and wake up to solve problems like fixing computers when I had no training. Accessing the great mind or something.
I know some of my other lives, not past lives as I don't believe in time so they all exist at the same (time?).
I had an (abduction), nah I wanted to go, experience with Aliens in my twenties.
Dogs don't like me much and a lot of people seem to be wary of me or don't like me also, but kids do.
Well that's all just a part of it. I live a very quiet life and don't get involved much with people or organizations as past experiences in this life and others have taught me to be very wary of Humans.
Thing is we are only using a part of our brains, minds, being, my I.Q was 145 once. If we were able to use it all we would realize we are god and the universe. If we used twice as much we would be super heroes.
Maybe that's where we are heading come December? I hope so.
regards Pan..

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I once knew an electrician who would "test" the power off the mains (220 volts, but unbelievable watts) with his hands. It wold vibrate his body a bit and he'd go; "ooh, hot, hot, hot" while grinning -- then he'd do it again. Died of cancer over a decade ago -- not sure if it was related.

Marilu Henner -- the actress from the TV show Taxi -- claims to remember every day of her life. She's been quizzed about the weather on random dates in her life. She is the real deal as well.
LINK

>> I'm really interested in the guy who can run 50 marathons. It was believed that humans from before our "civilized" history, were able to RUN DOWN wild animals. They would literally keep jogging behind packs of antelope or some other game until the animals collapsed and could run no more -- reputedly 600 miles. Though I can't remember (don't have the perfect memory of Marilu) where I read it -- I remember it was reputable. Searching for Early Man and 600 miles is kind of a wash, however.

There have been studies of people who LACK the enzyme to break down muscles -- even some dogs have had these genetic deformations. It creates people who are incredibly ripped and have to avoid working out because they can get too muscular and not be able to eat enough to support their bodies.

Perhaps a combination of efficient ATP cycle, a mutation in the mitochondria, and/or the lack of enzyme production that causes muscles to break down might explain a man who can keep running.

>> Jogging up Everest in biker shorts? Wow, makes the Polar Bear club look like wimps. Obviously, that person has a very high metabolism. If he's meditating to do it -- he's obviously mastered the "mind over body" trick. I know it's possible but I never quite got there. The most I've been able to do is meditate and stay under water for 5 minutes, or swell one arm up with blood. I lost focus once and a mosquito bite I had swelled to a golf-ball size and then in a minute it was gone and so was the mosquito bite.

>> This is all pretty cool stuff -- but I think a LOT of the incredible is merely humans genetics being "flipped back" to patterns that were around before the great ice age (over 30,000 years ago). Neanderthals had ape-like strength (5 times the normal modern human per pound) but probably had an amped up metabolism to go with it -- which meant that their genes are still around in Homo Sapiens (well all interbred), but no pure Neanderthals survived in cold weather (my theory). To me, this explains why humans are both the LEAST athletic mammal, and the 2nd coldest -- only an armadillo has a colder body temperature than humans.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by disconnected8
reply to post by wigit

I too was rather confused when I logged on this morning and saw your post removed, don't remember you writing anything that could be deemed an extreme violation!

This is a pretty cool article about how our mind percepts time and space in near death experiences can appear to slow down. Im sure most people have experienced this at one point or another, could we therefore trick our minds into thinking were about to die and slow time down and basically live our existence in a matrix way?

I think the slow-down can be explained medically. You have a Sympathetic and Para-Sympathetic nervous system -- there is also a third "nervous control system" that can be activated. When a faith-healer gets a paralyzed person to walk -- it may be that the cripple is accessing the Para-Sympathetic which runs OUTSIDE the spinal column. It is a faster but less complicated network -- and likely a lot of people who have spinal damage, may still have access to their muscles through this alternate path.

However -- after any Excitement and without a constant pump of adrenaline -- the Para-Sympathetic nervous system switches off. The Faith Healer cure doesn't last.

>> I've experienced time slowdown twice in my life. Once was while sparring with my Karate instructor and the other was in a car crash. It seriously was like Bullet Time. I remember feeling a bit tingly, and having an uncontrollable urge to laugh. In the first instance I thought it was funny someone was trying to hit me, and I gave him five punches and then a half-hearted kick which sent the instructor across the room and into a wall. ON the 2nd instance, my brother had fallen asleep and when I startled him awake, he sent the car into a spin that careened us off the road. It was kind of annoying as it looked like we were slowly spinning -- it took about an entire minute for the car to go twice around, and I could do nothing but wait for it to slide off the road. No damages, however -- but the adrenaline kick would have helped if I were driving the car instead of my Narcoleptic brother (we discovered he had Narcoplepsy after that incident -- which went away as mysteriously as it came).

>> So it isn't just "before dying" -- it's can happen to a person when they get into their fight or flight mode -- though it obviously isn't the same for everyone. I've always become really rational and calm when the SHTF -- and other people freak out. Normally, I'm a bit of a goof.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Not sure if it was already posted by someone else, but there is a guy that can memorize and play any song hes heard perfectly after only hearing it once.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst

Originally posted by disconnected8
reply to post by wigit

I think the slow-down can be explained medically. You have a Sympathetic and Para-Sympathetic nervous system -- there is also a third "nervous control system" that can be activated. When a faith-healer gets a paralyzed person to walk -- it may be that the cripple is accessing the Para-Sympathetic which runs OUTSIDE the spinal column. It is a faster but less complicated network -- and likely a lot of people who have spinal damage, may still have access to their muscles through this alternate path.

However -- after any Excitement and without a constant pump of adrenaline -- the Para-Sympathetic nervous system switches off. The Faith Healer cure doesn't last.

>> I've experienced time slowdown twice in my life. Once was while sparring with my Karate instructor and the other was in a car crash. It seriously was like Bullet Time. I remember feeling a bit tingly, and having an uncontrollable urge to laugh. In the first instance I thought it was funny someone was trying to hit me, and I gave him five punches and then a half-hearted kick which sent the instructor across the room and into a wall. ON the 2nd instance, my brother had fallen asleep and when I startled him awake, he sent the car into a spin that careened us off the road. It was kind of annoying as it looked like we were slowly spinning -- it took about an entire minute for the car to go twice around, and I could do nothing but wait for it to slide off the road. No damages, however -- but the adrenaline kick would have helped if I were driving the car instead of my Narcoleptic brother (we discovered he had Narcoplepsy after that incident -- which went away as mysteriously as it came).

>> So it isn't just "before dying" -- it's can happen to a person when they get into their fight or flight mode -- though it obviously isn't the same for everyone. I've always become really rational and calm when the SHTF -- and other people freak out. Normally, I'm a bit of a goof.

Thanks for that! I know exactly what you mean about when it happens you just laugh! When I was young I was bombing down a rather steep hill on my skateboard and everything was going fine untill I came face to face with a car coming the opposite way. I tried to go down a side road but there was another car sitting there waiting to come out so had nowhere to go, then time felt like it stopped. I remember being in awe as everything around me fell into slo-mo, next thing I remember is sitting on a curb with a melon sized bruise protruding from my forehead and just laughing! The car driver came over and looked shocked and asked if I was alright all I could do was laugh and say I was fine!

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by -Blackout-

Blackout, great thread
-if true, then this guy's also got quite an impressive one:

The Man Who Paints The Future

Cheers.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
while i guess the next thing for humans to do is go all out, and they make the x-man and they like have there intro's like they might say call that one guy unfreezer, or the unshocker and they can solve crimes using there powers, and make it into a reality show. I would watch it, they would call it "the Hardly brothers, but the real deal"

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by -Blackout-

This sounds like a great reality TV show in the making.

Pitch it to Fox. It could go on after American Idol.

We need to find a good host for the show.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I saw the documentary of that memory guy, he seems like a quiet young, innocent man. I also knew that he had autism, sad to hear that he died.

I guess people that are born with special skills and ability are not meant to live too long, body probably think its a defect and try to kill itself through a disorder.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Cool Post, but Dude where is my car?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Don't forget, the Indonesian people who can hold their breath for really long periods of time (while spear fishing under water).

www.gadling.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
He needs to play baseball

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Great post.

I saw something about this on the Science Channel. It was a good program that covered people with these abilities. I hope this continues.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

did you find conclusive evidence either way about andy pero? I read that too and never found out the truth....btw awesome posts so far

-TF

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Deny ignorance...within illogical T&C.. that's the real motto.... there are some real moronic perspectives being adhered to when it comes to discussion of drugs....did you mention any in your censored post?

speaking of drugs and T&C....If you knew the reasons given for why they shut down one of their subforums, and compared the posts they were getting there with the average post you see on ats these days... the irony... oh the irony....

-TF
edit on 12-2-2012 by ThoughtForms because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join