It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Real People With Mind-Blowing Mutant Superpowers

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by disconnected8
reply to post by FidelityMusic

Talking of magnetic men, Karl Pilkington met such a guy during filming for An Idiot Abroad 2 I believe onboard the orient express. He could attach anything metal to him and claimed he could make others magnetic just by touching them!!

edit on 7-2-2012 by disconnected8 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-2-2012 by disconnected8 because: (no reason given)

I have a similar power. When I'm sitting in my car, I can power electronic devices just by holding them, even if they don't have batteries and aren't plugged in. It's only when I'm in my car, though, and when I try to have my friends do it, it doesn't work.

I'm sure it's a phenomenon having to do with my car more than me, but it's still fairly interesting.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteDevil013
On a more serious note, these so called "dudes" are nothing but attention seekers. I dont doubt that they have some bizarre traits, but that doesnt make them a "super" human. Do any of these guys use their so called powers for good? To help people? Probably not.

Yes, they all have their powers permanently. Did you even read the article?

No, you didn't.

So I guess if you were born with a random gene that made you as strong as a chimp, you'd spend your entire life wearing a mask and battling people with guns, gaining absolutely nothing for yourself in the process, huh?

No, you wouldn't.
edit on 7-2-2012 by thegagefather because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteDevil013
On a more serious note, these so called "dudes" are nothing but attention seekers. I dont doubt that they have some bizarre traits, but that doesnt make them a "super" human. Do any of these guys use their so called powers for good? To help people? Probably not. To me thats not very super. If they were real super hero mutants they would be running around in neon colored spandex and aprehend bad guys.

I bet you there are monks up in the mountains that would blow your mind. When I was attending the university, I watched this awesome video in my psych class about these monks that dont speak but can go 40 days without food or water, just meditating. Some of them could basically make themselves impenetrable to weapons. One of the guys was actually able to float while meditating, and this wasnt some dumb Chris Angel stunt. One of the guys was able to create a sort of energy ball in his hand that could set flammable things on fire.

These people aren't looking for any type of fame or fortune, in fact they have chosen to give up all worldly possessions in order to pursue the righteous path. I wish I could find that video.

To be fair you are describing a super hero. Not super human. Super human has traits a normal human being does not. ... Get that?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by -Blackout-

Very interesting, but the cold thing isn't super-human. A wild kid caught in France could do the same thing...he loved playing naked in the snow. I think that one would have to fall under adaptation.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
well, from a certain POV, these powers aren't "super", they're natural. meditation especially will attune you to your own unconscious and the unseen world. All these things, and so much more are possible. The world we live in presently is an illusion; a reflection of the unseen played out on the "material"(as in more vibrationally dense) plane. if we could all understand that..phew

It would be amazing.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Oh, you said it so right

Couldn't agree more with you.
Thats why we are fed fluoride and other stuff to dull our mind. I wish for one time to have opportunity to go to see the jungle tribe and drink that world famous "jungle juice", maybe some mushrooms would also do the trick in smaller scale.
But for now, Im just trying to meditate and open my third eye.. I just keep falling in sleep during meditation.
I should check out some theads about it on ATS. And one weird thing when I meditate and feel like Im close to getting in a right zone, suddenly a very high frequency noice rings in my ear, like somebody is disturbing me every time Im close to succeeding. I have tried OOBE and always feel disturbed when getting in right direction.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
This guys powers might not be mutant.

But they are still super powers if you want my opinion.

This guy is absolutely nuts.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightsideAssassin
well, from a certain POV, these powers aren't "super", they're natural. meditation especially will attune you to your own unconscious and the unseen world. All these things, and so much more are possible. The world we live in presently is an illusion; a reflection of the unseen played out on the "material"(as in more vibrationally dense) plane. if we could all understand that..phew

It would be amazing.

Yea, well, not one of these guys gained their ability through meditation, did they?
They got them through a mutation in their genes - except for maybe the Samurai.

So what's your point?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I remember watching a superhuman show, and a lady could see and taste music. So notes she didn't like would taste sour and have a darker colouration. Another was about a man that can live forever, he is like 110 or something and he can do things like a 30 year old, run on treadmills and stuff.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
What about the Asian child that can see in the dark?

Also, doesn't that 50 marathons in 50 days chap want to head to London for 2012?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morg234
What about the Asian child that can see in the dark?

Also, doesn't that 50 marathons in 50 days chap want to head to London for 2012?

That Chinese child was pretty cool with the eye thing.

I think that guy should definitely go to the Olympics, he will smash them all though.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

The lady that you speak of suffers? from a neurological condition (a pretty cool one though) called synesthesia, seeing sounds, hearing colours etc, if memory serves me right it has something to do with early brain development, when the parts of the brain that are used for the senses dont part during development but stay fused together.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
This is really amazing stuff.

Funny thing is, I bet every single one of these people drank flouridated water. Oh noes. Maybe Flouride is like radiation was imagined in the 30s and 40s, and can give you super powaahhhssss.

Anyway, yeah, this stuff is fantastic. Thank you very much for this really cool post.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MathiasAndrew
This guys powers might not be mutant.

But they are still super powers if you want my opinion.

This guy is absolutely nuts.

oh hayellsss YESSSS!!!!
I very very very very very MUCH want to do THAT.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magnum007
reply to post by wigit

I'm pretty sure none of these "super humans" use drugs...

You use drugs every time you use a spice or oil from a food....according to you...because yo are considering mj a drug....

It's a plant....people use plants for different purposes...

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85

Originally posted by Magnum007
reply to post by wigit

I'm pretty sure none of these "super humans" use drugs...

You use drugs every time you use a spice or oil from a food....according to you...because yo are considering mj a drug....

It's a plant....people use plants for different purposes...

Naw man, he knows them all personally. He asked them to piss in a cup.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
get me a link on hof's cause that sounds fake, HOF, STAYING HOT< get it? comonnn

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReadyPower
The guy that can run 'forever'.. a a runner, jealous.. dude has some massive muscles, especially his calfs. He has a sprinters body, but on a very long distant runner.

Your av is so cool man

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by disconnected8
reply to post by wigit

This. I have had experiences in my college days which i could describe as being a super power. I was out with a group of friends and we had all taken something for a bit of buzz, we were all sitting in a crowded bar except one which we hadn't noticed had actually left the bar, anyway, as we were sitting there I had an incredible awareness of space and time it was if someone had turned on a spotlight and a microphone conversations that were inaudible now became very audible and my attention had been drawn to a group across the other side who were talking about a road accident they had just seen, it was at this moment I realized our other friend wasn't here. I immediately jumped out of my seat and said to the group that something wasn't right and that we had to go and find our friend. Everyone looked at me as if I was mental and just laughed it off and said i was being paranoid, so I went on my own. At this point the missing members girlfriend came out panicking as she had just realized she had no idea where he was. I knew exactly where he was and ran down the road and just blindly ran down another side road where I saw my friend laying in the road, he had just been hit by a car which was nowhere around (they never did find the driver or the car involved), I rang the ambulance straight away. My friend was in a bad way and spent 2 months in a coma, the paramedics told me that they had got there just in time! Super powers or just minds connecting on a different field with the aid of drugs? I dont know but that day will stay with me forever

Conscious people that saw your boy get hurt in their minds eye, and talked loud enough so you would listen to their convo and go fond him. They were not in a panic because they were able to future see and verify that he would be ok.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
You took this article from the site cracked.com

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join