It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Real People With Mind-Blowing Mutant Superpowers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+57 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
This stuff is crazy.

6.) Dude is "impervious to electric shock". He found this out by grabbing a live wire like an idiot, and then grabbing it again because screw electricity.

According to testing, he has a resistance seven to eight times greater than the average human being, which grants him the ability to handle live wires without safety equipment, though, again, it behooves us to ask why in the hell he'd want to.

And there are more people like him.

5.) Dude can run forever. Literally. He ran 50 marathons in 50 days, but that wasn't good enough, so he ran from New York to freaking San Francisco.

A medical study was performed on him after he completed his 50-state marathonapalooza. First, they measured his CPK number, which shows the amount of damage your muscles sustain from exercise. So for instance, a normal runner's CPK would be through the roof after a marathon -- around 2,400. Karnazes' was found to be at 447 ... after 25 consecutive marathons.

He also apparently has more blood than normal people do, and in theory, if he kept himself fed and hydrated, he could "potentially run at a seven- to 10-minute mile pace forever."

4.) Dude has a photographic memory, except, no, really. Dude has a photographic memory. He took a helicopter ride over NYC and then drew this from memory:

He is an autistic savant and apparently a madman or some sort of holy Buddha thing. He has been traveling the country for 25 years just drawing the stuff out of everywhere, "like if Caine from Kung Fu and Bob Ross collided in a time tunnel."

3.) Dude remembers everything, literally. He (maybe) had an eidetic memory (he's dead now, and not even the Greatest and Most Powerful Woman in the World, Elizabeth Loftus, knows for sure if eidetic memory even exists except in some very rare children). He was the inspiration for Rain Man, though he wasn't actually autistic. He memorized 12,000 books, he could read two pages at once (one page with each eye), and if you told him the name of a city he could tell you every damn thing about it. The nebulous "they" think that his ability came from a birth defect.

2.) Dude is "cold-proof". He swims in ice-cold water and buries himself under ice and climbed Mount Everest wearing bicycle shorts and sandals.

Hof's ability is so great that even when submerged in freezing water that would pretty much kill a normal human in a few minutes, his body temperature barely drops, and when he climbed Everest (in bicycle shorts, we really can't stress that enough), he said it was easy.

How does he do it? Meditation, that's how.

1.) Dude cuts a plastic BB in half with a samurai sword, and a bunch of other stuff too.

Source: www.cracked.com...

If you can bear to watch some Japanese stuff with adorably bizarre translations, here's 9+ minutes of this dude samurai-ing the crap out of everything.

edit on 7-2-2012 by -Blackout- because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I could use the memorize 12,000 books super power. lol I got a test coming up and man, I hate tests. They make me so nervous.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by -Blackout-

Pretty off the hook dudes.

Have you looked into the chinese super psychics? Maybe it can be your next thread, those kids/dudes are REALLY off the hook.

Nice thread

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

www.amazon.com...

^Excellent book about the subject right there.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
www.history.com...

Stan Lee's Superhumans on the 'History' Channel is pretty cool.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Don't forget Daniel Tammet, the guy who can see figures instead of numbers. Hence he can recite the pi for 5 hours by just using his mind.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Sure beats the "Chronicle"

self destructive character!!

*Envious*

+28 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I have the unbelievable ability to sit my plump bum in front of the laptop gawking at ATS for 4 hours a day

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by scubagravy

lol

A lot here probably do that!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Cheers for the link brother

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

Anytime

+26 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   

He doesn't have the appearance of a super-hero but certainly has super powers.

Take a look at this old guy...I'm sure he can be black ops special asset material.

AboveTopSecret

Woow....I wonder what career the samurai guy will have if he turns his katana in for a baseball bat..
edit on 7/2/2012 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Here's a website proving that two people explored matter over a century ago with a yogic siddhi and achieved with this superpower what LHC at CERN still has not discovered - constituents of quarks:
smphillips.8m.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
The guy that can run 'forever'.. a a runner, jealous.. dude has some massive muscles, especially his calfs. He has a sprinters body, but on a very long distant runner.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Could not have said it better myself

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

I absolutely agree with your post. As a Teacher I allow Students to tell me about their ability to see Spirit, to see the future, sketch me the Intergalactic Craft and/or Visitor - I don't advertise it because the politics are still iffy. I certainly do not tell them to shut up or whatever else people say to them.

As such I also move on to their sense of knowing - anyone here ever done something and immediately knew they should have not done that - hands go up in a heartbeat. So we talk about practising that skill when they are in a difficult situation and feel scared or unsure. Students love this stuff and they even know that when I ask them to engage in their prescribed work - there is a reason. They understand the politics and I do not have to explain.

Keep in mind I also speak with adults - some of whom are parents of the Students. I cannot wait until we have the freedom to learn the way our Creator intended.

All Children have gifts and talents and everything you stated in your post is why it is drained out of them.

Much Peace...

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ReadyPower
The guy that can run 'forever'.. a a runner, jealous.. dude has some massive muscles, especially his calfs. He has a sprinters body, but on a very long distant runner.

His name wouldn't be Forrest Gump by any chance?

Run Forrest...... run

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I always love reading about "real life" Superheroes. My personal belief is that every human is capable of "superhuman" feats. If you believe that we are actually just spirit inside of a meat-shell, tapping into the "power cosmic" as it were is within one's grasp. While I don't think we're ever going to see large green guys wearing ripped up purple bike shorts, I think certain abilities such as ESP, TK, and Chi Energy focus are all within our grasp. Sure, there aren't any scientific studies to prove that these things actually exist (maybe with the exception of ESP, which I think is a "forgotten" ability to becoming more in tune with nature), but I've seen some very convincing videos and documentaries on the subject.

My favorite episode of Stan Lee's show was the one where the guy could make metal objects stick to his body. While it doesn't compare to someone fictional like Magneto, it's still pretty cool.

Anyway, I think there are many people out there that just haven't been discovered yet. As these subjects become less taboo over the coming years, I think we'll see an emergence of people with even greater abilities than what has been shown on that show.

-TS

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

I'm pretty sure none of these "super humans" use drugs...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join