It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 129 Dolphins Beach Themselves Northeastern US in Jan!! (Largest Recorded) Unexplained

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Found this article interesting...there have been plenty of strange fish, bird, and other species mass die-offs in the past year. Many have been dismissed and or debunked by the mainstream media, as well as those of us that are paying attention to the changes our planet is going through.

This is the first time, I've seen the mainstream media admit that scientists are baffled, in January alone 129 Dolphins beached themselves, most of them dead, for no apparent reason. This is the largest recorded incident of its kind ever in this part of the world, as well as 129 being more than half of the average number recorded in a single year....but this happened in a single month.

www.cnn.com...
edit on 7/2/12 by masqua because: Replaced 'All Caps' in title

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Probably their magnetoception all confused by geomagnetic storms.
www.reuters.com...
edit on 7-2-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Unexplained so it goes in 2012 forums?

I'd go maybe with fragile earth my self, not everything has to be an apocalypse buddy - these type of thing aren't actually that rare, but it is a large amount, i'll agree with that

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by JRockABM

I find this really, truly, heartbreaking. Most whale and dolphin bleaching are due to to sonic radar . Check out Military submarines and such in the area .

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by paleorchid13

Is the radar confusing them or causing pain? If it's true then something should be done. No discussion, just get it stopped.

I'm glad I'm not there, I think I'd be hysterical and probably top myself in protest.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
The Beaching of dolphins and whales has been common throughout history. In the First Century A.D. a Roman historian by the name of Pilny the Elder wrote of an account in the South of France of supposedly 300 "marvelous beasts", presumably whales. Long before radar, and hadron colliders, and HAARP, whales and dolphins have been beaching themselves.

There is a theory based upon the behavioral patterns of dolphins and whales, who travel in pods, following a leader. It is posited that sometimes the leader falls ill, or has their own sonar impaired in someway, or even in an attempt to escape predators, swim to far ashore. This is not to discount weather and other environmental factors, only to offer some perspective.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
OMG the Dolphins have joined the Occupy protests!

Take to the beaches of Cape Cod, fellow flippers...

So "sad" though, death toll around 100 in MA

Nothing is purely coincidental. Cause & Effect always go hand in hand...

What is Nature's hidden message underneathe it all huh??

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
UMMM Fragile Earth Thread?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
Probably their magnetoception all confused by geomagnetic storms.
www.reuters.com...
edit on 7-2-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

I was thinking along the same lines. Also they could be following the broken current from GOM incident or avoiding the dirty waters as 1 shall call it and getting confused. EA*rth is a beautiful sphere.
edit on 2/7/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Actually tha navy stepped up their sonar program as the world creep closer to war,.

The us is on a war fotting and the sonar is turned up High on the coastal defenses.

This is the reason for the whales and Dolphins beaching themselves.

Just my 2 pennies.

RB

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

What year is it happening in? lol

2012!

I imagine that the 2012 forum will be a little more active this year...just maybe.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by JRockABM
This is the largest recorded incident of its kind ever in this part of the world, as well as 129 being more than half of the average number recorded in a single year....but this happened in a single month.

Not so. Feb 10, 2009:

More than 200 dolphins have beached themselves on Manila Bay, officials in the Philippines said Tuesday as they tried to work out why the marine mammals had come ashore.

SOURCE

edit: Well, I guess perhaps that is true for the US....but not the world.
edit on 7-2-2012 by gavron because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
yeah dolphins are not nearly as smart as people think they are.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshF
yeah dolphins are not nearly as smart as people think they are.

Maybe not, they just seem to refrain from exhibiting any behavior that would suggest they are as dumb as people can be.

new topics

top topics

join