It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

icelandic lake monster spotted! (VIDEO)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Weeee free PR for the economically challanged country of Iceland.... Let's see how many turists this crap will attract.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I think everywhere on earth there's probably some legendary beastie.

In fact, I'd bet if you came across some little pocket of civilisation that hadn't met anyone from the outside before, and you asked them if they had any ghost or other monster knocking about it's almost 100% guaranteed they've got one.

How much lore is there on the Icelandic lake monster? Is he as famous as Nessie?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

I thought Python too.
Very possible if someone released it in to the wild.
It happens in the US all the time.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

I don't know, but here is an interesting article on ice worms.
When someone first saw them, everyone said he was mad.
www.damninteresting.com...
Also, when Iceland sagas talked about them reaching America in 1ooo, everyone laughed.
Not anymore. That is a fact.
Iceland could sustain some left over prehistoric snakes that surface rarely....why not

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by BBalazs
reply to post by wigit

IF, and thats a big IF, a prehistoric creature could survive without detection, ICELAND would be a great place to hide.

Really, like where? lagarfljót? it's not even a fljót, its an á. And there isn't a square meter, that hasn't been explored, and given a name. Every rock, and every þúfa in Iceland, has been given a name ... and the Lagafljótsormur, is a metaphoric history, and all you are doing is insulting mine and other legacy by this fake video.

We may be indigenous people, but that doesn't give you the right to screw with our history and legacy.

In past times, creatures were often used to describe people. They had a soul, that was a bear or a wolf, an eagle or a dragon. Not unlike chinese history, where they have this creature to guard their riches. Crests relate to these images of animals in describing people. In ancient times, the tongue was much more metaphoric than it is today.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by bjarneorn

I am well aware of mythology.
Read the above link for ice worms.
You would be saying the same thing, as the man who first saw them.
I am not going to argue with you. There is a theoretical possibility. If you are not creative enough to find it in a large land with a hostile landscape and low population good for you.
You should be surprised by every new species discovered per week or month.

Also if I am insulting you, then you never went to america. That is a myth also.
edit on 7-2-2012 by BBalazs because: (no reason given)

And this was filmed by an ICELANDER. Argue with him. His name is found on the link, I am sure you can contact him, its a small country after all.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

reply to post by Ben81

could be fake, but its pretty cool. not overdone. can't we dream?

To me it looks like a bunch of wood and crude caught up in a swirl area in the water.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I'm curious as to how long a python would last in ice water ?
It may be a crypto animal. Happens more than you'd think.
Lake monsters do not equate to UFO's or aliens
on the craziness meter in my opinion. I don't think
it'd be that strange to run across an ancient species.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
This is weird !
Something like that dropped out of the
leg of my boxer shorts when I got up this morning !

Peace

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Sorry everyone who thinks python. Absolutely IMPOSSIBLE. No snake would survive in an icy river, much less be able to swim. All reptiles are ectothermic, meaning they derive the heat to keep alive from external sources. Which is why you see lizards and snakes basking on hot rocks etc on cool days. Mammals and birds derive this heat from the internal chemical reactions involved with the digestion of our food. No snakes in the wild at those latitudes.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

Looks like someone lost their Anaconda, they have the same head but how could it be alive in that water?

Maybe its just a cold water snake and scientist need to get off their butts and check it out.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2
reply to post by BBalazs

I have no idea what that could be. Looks like a python , but that's impossible .

Camera man MUST have been thinking,

"Oh, it's getting closer. Better turn the camera off before it's too clear to the viewers of what it actually is."

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Amazing filmage, I must say.

It's probably some kind of snake-like mammal instead of reptile just because it would have to be warm-blooded with lots of fat to survive in icy water.

Appearance is similar to the Caddy remains from around Vancouver, photographed way back in the day.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I don't know, something about that video doesn't look right. It seems fake to me. I can't see an animals body being composed so sloppily and being so disorganized and asymmetrical like what we se here.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I'm not saying it's a hoax but has anyone asked the question of who was filming this thing? It seems as if he/she was up close and personal. On the first few seconds of the video the angle at which it is presented seems that it was rather small as it was zoomed out. But then the angle changed to give the perspective of having the camera close to the water, so my question is:

If this is a "monster" why in the hell is this guy filming it not yelling, screaming or even running away instead of hoping to die?

And two; if he/she had the time to film it, why not throw something at it to see if it changes direction or at the very minimum react to what was thrown?
edit on 7-2-2012 by TheEnlightenedOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Looks like a robe with ice stuck to it,and the robe attached to something under water, when the water moves around it, the illusion of a monster anaconda pop up .

Not so mysterius, or do you think it's a monster

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
It certainly looked serpent like in the water and had a reasonable size but that is where the fantasy finishes.
Its head shape was not eel like, its very reptile looking as has previously been mentioned and obvious reptiles are warm blooded.
Throw in the disjointed movement, mechanical as opposed to muscular and it seems clearly to be a very average fake.
Still good fun and I could be wrong

and whats with saying the Loch Ness monster is now debunked. That has had more sightings and reputable evidence than any other cryptid.

edit on 7-2-2012 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

icelandic lake monster spotted! (VIDEO)

io9.com

Icelandic lake monster spotted slithering through ice
Cameraman Hjörtur Kjerúlf captured this video of the Lagarfljótsormurinn (or Lagarfljóts Worm) wending its way through its home in Lake Lagarfljót.

This creature has been sighted on and off since 1345 and possesses an origin straight out of one of Hellboy's less exciting adventures.
(visit the link for the full news article)

My views below.

Unfortunately the video looks as if someone is using a trolling motor dragging around some garbage. It doesn't look like it has any life.

I call Hoax, sorry.
edit on 2/7/2012 by mudbeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCommentator

FAIL,
Koolasuchus was a species confined only to Australia. The Brachyopoids died out elsewhere but only managed to survive in Australia because of the extreme cold temperatures, which kept out crocodiles that comperted with it for food.
How would a Koolasuchus be living on the other side of the planet? Besides it would not have been that long and the head would have been much, much wider.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
floating garbage

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join