It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mothman photo?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 07:22 AM
link   
MOTHMAN?! GREAT!

LMAO @ Godzilla2000!
Well done one your analysis! GOLD STAR!

RATT & KILLCREEK: There are lots of interpretations on Mothman, but the most predominant descriptions seem to depict it to be a giant owl.

Yeah, what AJAX Said is entirely true. I agree 100%. It looks like an extension of the pylon, which had been edited in the second photo. Either an extension of a pylon, a statue as AJAX said, or some painters on one of those window washing elevator things.
And WTF is with the bottom middle pic? Did the photographer pull out an inferred cam or something?!

[edit on 25-01-2004 by Gear]

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 02:55 AM
link   
To me the image looks fake because it is so easy to that stuff on photoshop. It looks like something out of a thunderbirds from a distance. You know, like those wierd qwirkey models when seen from a distance!!!

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silent Smoke
To me the image looks fake because it is so easy to that stuff on photoshop. It looks like something out of a thunderbirds from a distance. You know, like those wierd qwirkey models when seen from a distance!!!

i agree. too fake, why cant there ever be a decent picture made! although, isnt it more likely to have been made and edited in pphotoshop if the quality was good??

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Ack another Mothman fake, and not that great one at that, as someone else has said it looks like a statue....

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I did some checking on the original images in the links provided by MKULTRA and would have to say I disagree with the idea of there being obvious evidence of 'photoshopping'. IMO it's more plausible that this is simply a guy in a suit jumping off the bridge. (Note: I have gamma corrected the images below and made them brighter as the originals were extremely dark.)

The examples below are scaled at about 400% and cropped.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Yes, it does look like a person jumping, and if you look where the picture is taken it is at a river bank. Looks to me like a friend taking pictures of his friend jumping off a bridge now

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Doesn't mothman only appear before disasters? I don't know for sure if they built another bridge in Point Plesant to replace the collapsed one but on the second photo in the right hand bottom corner it says 11/13/03...and the collapsation of the point plesant bridge happened in the 70s.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
In Australia we have "creatures" that glide between the tops of very tall trees, these are known as "sugargliders". The term "sugar" is the taste from the leaves that the "eucalyptus" tree produces. These trees are commonly known as "sugargums". This animal opens its winglike skin underneath its arms and "Glides" from one tree to another. Maybe not the true "mothman", But it has erect ears and a head similar to a giant bat.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Could be mothman. I do not know how they say they can see facial features though. Their "enhancement" isn't very enhanced.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I know more about Bigfoot and his behaviour to know when somebody has had a real sighting.

This 'mothman' is a mystery to me. The first time I heard of it was the film and something to do with prophecies.

To me it is a real enigma.

I called up the website and it didn't give me much info about the creature or being. However, it discussed people's sightings.

To me, it just looks like a man with a cape jumping off a bridge. I am not denying that he could exist. I just don't know enough about the enigma to come to any conclusion of any kind.

I believe all things are possible and I know the universe and our planet holds many mysteries (some of which I have had my own experiences)-therefore I can't pass judgement on those who have had an experience that I can't relate to.

However, I would like to learn more about this enigma-as I have encountered many bizarre things in my 41 years.

I have had so many encounters with the paranormal that I believe sooner or later; everybody will have numerous encounters with things beyond thier comprehension in thier lifetime and the unseen world is just really beginning to open up to us.

love, light and peace

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Laura Knight, the channel for the Cassiopaeans, in Chapter IX of her series “the Wave”, titled ‘The Beast of Gevaudan, Spring-Heeled Jack, Mothman, and other dimensional Window Fallers’, includes the following dialogues:

(…) let's see what the Cassiopaeans have to say about such mysteries.

Q: (L) I read in a book about a monster called the "Beast of Gevaudan" which appeared first in 1764 and was supposedly done away with in 1767. Who or what was this beast?
A: Other dimensional "window faller."
Q: (L) You mean it fell into our dimension from another through a dimensional window?
A: Yes.
Q: (L) Well, that would explain a lot of things about it. What about the creature known as "Spring-Heel Jack" who terrorized England in the last century?
A: Same.
Q: (L) What about the Mothman in West Virginia?
A: Same.
Q: (L) So, windows to other dimensions are the explanation for a whole host of strange things?
A: Yes.
(...)
Q: (L) There has been a lot of talk lately about this El Chupacabras thing...
A: It is what it is.
Q: (L) The name means 'goatsucker' as I understand it. Where does it come from?
A: Review transcripts re: "window fallers."
Q: (L) If it is a window faller, does it come from another density, or a lateral dimension?
A: Closer to the latter.
Q: (L) Okay, so it is like we have horizontal dimensions and vertical densities. What allowed it to enter our realm?
A: This is complex, but best described as "EM wave bursts along frequency border variation."
Q: (L) Is there some way to capture or stop this creature?
A: You do not yet completely understand all the "mechanics" of the window faller phenomenon. The physicality is entirely transitory and partially dependent upon consciousness variability, as well as expectations of witnesses.
Q: (L) Does the energy of the fear of the witness enable the creature to continue its existence? Does it feed on the excitement and fear, and is that what makes it manifest?
A: Close, but off a little. It is the other way around, and retro-factored by one half.
Q: (L) What do you mean by that?
A: It is mutual, rather than unilateral. Also, remember that a window falling represents a cross-energizing of realities, equally represented from each "dimension" in question. In other words, because the dimensional curtain has been "torn," half of one and half of the other contributes to the whole reality.
Q: (L) Does this mean that something from our reality is also scaring something in that other reality?
A: No, it does not "work" that way at all.
Q: (L) Is there any possibility that this creature is going to turn its attention from animals to humans?
A: Ditto last answer. And review response prior to that! First of all, confusion abounds here due to incorrect interpretations of the last subject discussed. Dimensions are not densities!!!! Dimensions are strictly the result of the universal consciousness as manifested in the imagination sector of thought. Density means level of development as measured in terms of closeness to union with the One Cycle. So, obviously, the "Chupacabras" is a manifestation of human consciousness, and, human beings are a manifestation of the Chupacabras consciousness. Get it? Now, a shocker for you: You would not exist if someone didn't "dream you up." You literally are the "figments" of someone's imagination, and nothing more!!!
Q: (L) You mean God dreams and brings us into existence?
A: Remember, "God" is really all existence in creation, in other words, all consciousness. This is because all existence in creation is consciousness, and vice versa.

This information is publicly available at the official website of the Cassiopaeans.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Wow the pic with the thiing on the bridge Idon't know what it looks like, but the second one that durden zoom in on looks like some sort of glider. Definetly Weird

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   
its that guy from the commercial "can you hear me know?" GOOD hes just trying to get reception then he got through so he jumped and hes gonna try at the bottem of the river

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
that 400% zoomed picture just looked freaky to me! like an angel with black wings! but like every1 says, it's hard to make a solid opinion since we cant see the features. Could just be sum1 in a costume jumping off. There should be a 3rd pic showing if the thing falls into the water or flies off if it was genuine. Or did the person happen to only have 2 shots left?! lol

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   
It does look like someone jumping off of the bridge, but it looks like it is very high to be doing something like that, particularly if the person is wearing a costume.

However the fact that there are no more pictures in the sequence, ie. mothman flying off somewhere, is suspicious to me in and of itself.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Here is another article about Mothman type creatures. I've always wondered if it is some type of "Death Angel", since it appears shortly before a huge disaster.

www.boudillion.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blueangel7
Here is another article about Mothman type creatures. I've always wondered if it is some type of "Death Angel", since it appears shortly before a huge disaster.

www.boudillion.com...

which disaster was that?
the world is a large wondrous place. If people climb up the Himalayas, or go to other vast places, they see just how devoid of human life the world is. Trust, there are many places where a new (or ancient) species could be hiding

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Wow, I just joined and this is the first post I've actually read. Very interesting! I agree with alot of what's above, so I really don't have a whole lot to contribute to the topic other then that it looks like a real picture and that if it was a person in a suit it would have to be someone who was a very good stuntman. Not only to jump off of the bridge, but to get to the top part of the bridge in the first place. Uhm, yeah I don't really know what I'm saying but those are my two cents in this first post!

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   
i think the gnomes, with their superior magic-enhanced technology, created the mothmen to help in their plots for world domination. The mothmen will defend the gnomes from above as they attack from our lawns.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Maybe the images are something that can fly and frequents rivers? I mean what creature would fit into that bracket?
The image was taken in the states.
The image was taken from a distance.
The image may of been tampered with.
When you look at the evidence, it seems to me it's Mothman.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join