It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Citizenship Award, that the schools give out...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Very happy for my niece, she's getting a Citizenship Award this week from her school. For attempting to dress appropriately for the first time in her life and for behaving like a normal teenager. I've been making her wear my suits to school. And I found one suit that was way too big on me, by width and length, and it fit her so perfectly, that I just gave it to her. Ranges from ($100-$200) in price.

Suit is an exact copy of what Oliva Dunham where's on Fringe.
I got style.
Her mom on the other hand, absolutely no style. No wonder this kid dresses in rainbow colors." Hello, Rainbow Brite."

But, anyway back to this award, isn't she already a citizen?

I'm going to try to go to the award ceremony to support her. Time conflicts with my school hours.

She has her moments, but, she is trying. I'll give her that. There has been no wars, as of after the food toss. lol Which has only been 5 days. lol Will see how long that lasts.

But, wanted to share her good news with you all.

edit on 7-2-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Why not let her simply be who she really is instead of putting her in a suit?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

She has no concept of dressing herself. If she had her way, the plumber be looking for a job, and would be showing the upper top, along with with showing her belly button. She needs to learn to cover herself. And she hasn't learned that. So, if I can get her into the habit, I am hoping she will learn to wear nice things rather then things that are too small for her to wear. Some days she will try to wear about 6 layers of clothing, that just does not make any sense. I am trying to help her, by learning how to dress appropriately.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
reply to post by mileysubet

She has no concept of dressing herself. If she had her way, the plumber be looking for a job, and would be showing the upper top, along with with showing her belly button. She needs to learn to cover herself. And she hasn't learned that. So, if I can get her into the habit, I am hoping she will learn to wear nice things rather then things that are too small for her to wear. Some days she will try to wear about 6 layers of clothing, that just does not make any sense. I am trying to help her, by learning how to dress appropriately.

I digress, and I think I understand. Just one piece of friendly advice; don't try to force her into doing/wearing something she does not feel comfortable in. I have seen first hand how that can backfire and cause resentment, even among the best of friends.

The best of luck in your endeavors

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Oh, it's her idea. She keeps asking to wear my clothes.
I'm not forcing her to wear anything she don't want to wear.

I'm running out of things for her to wear. And she definitely isn't going near my Calvin Klein suit.
She keeps asking, but it's too small on her.

It's funny though, she insists that she can fit into it. And I'm like, no, no, no. HAHA

Weekends she can be rainbow brite, school days she has to look appropriate.That's the deal..

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Oh, it's her idea. She keeps asking to wear my clothes.
I'm not forcing her to wear anything she don't want to wear.

I'm running out of things for her to wear. And she definitely isn't going near my Calvin Klein suit.
She keeps asking, but it's too small on her.

It's funny though, she insists that she can fit into it. And I'm like, no, no, no. HAHA

Weekends she can be rainbow brite, school days she has to look appropriate.That's the deal..

i don't like you at all honestly

im a libertarian ( i think )

edit: is she an honor roll student too? just wondering.

edit on 7-2-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

She's not a honor roll student with book smarts. But, I will grant her this. She needs her own award in:

"The smartest kid, that knows how to use, manipulation to her advantage."

"Child Master Manipulator"

Works every time.

With us, officers, doctors, social services, and school.

This kid is not dumb.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
When she got her award today, she also got to meet the Mayor. He gave out the awards. How cool is that?

What's funny, is when the Mayor asked her "What she wanted to be when she grows up?" she responded with " I want to be a princess!" and he was like, "Maybe you'll find a prince." HAHA so cute.
.. I didn't get that part on video. But I got the rest of the ceremony.

top topics

join