It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Super Bowl was rigged.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by tovenar

Call me cynical but I have a tendancy to think all professional sports are rigged. I'll admit I'm not a sportsperson to begin with, so I probably sound stupid (but opinions count here don't they) but follow the money. I'm just saying they're all getting very rich off of your money, not mine.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
The odds were 80 to 1 for the Giants in Vegas.

I really doubt there was anything rigged here. I think the Pats just got over confident. That safety was ridiculous, though. But it was totally legit. Brady was most likely unable to really see anything. That line crushed and Brady most likely couldn't see too well. It happens. Poor guy looked devastated at the end of the game.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by tovenar

I think Tom Brady must have authored this thread or something....

Those New York Football Giants outplayed the Patriots in the fourth quarter from pillar to goal post. Patriots didn't have the absolute worst defense in the entire NFL this year for nothing. The Buffalo Bills, the freakin' Bills, came back to beat them in Week 4 and Buffalo was down by twenty.The Giants did what they needed to do and that was put pressure on the Pats' defense with both Mario Manningham and Victor Cruz. No matter how many times they lined up against those safeties. New England did not have an answer for Eli's "Four Minute March." What really killed the Pats' chances were the two pass drops by both Deion Branch and Wes Welker. If any one of those two passes would have been caught. The game would have been over at that point in time.

The only "real" conspiracy here is that Eli now has more Super Bowl rings that Peyton.
:lol;

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by gimmefootball400

I think it is widely recognized (except by Pat fans) that the Giants have the better team. But, losing a game is not the only, or even the primary way, to rig a sporting event. Remember that gamblers bet on things like what the score will be at halftime, who will score first, what he final score will be, etc. My point is, the more unconventional the course of the game is, the harder it is to predict, and the more money it makes for bookies, net.

It's been a while since I've read up on the 1919 World Series; but as I remember, the players were not accused of "throwing" the series the way a boxer would need to. Instead, they were accused of manipulating the kind of in-game events that people bet on (and the players and their families had in fact placed major bets on.).

Pete Rose always claimed that he never bet against his team. Even if that is true, it is also true that he could impact the odds of various bets, even while planning on an eventual win.

if a receiver in this super bowl let a pass "slide through his fingers," is it possible that some friend of his out in Vegas has staked millions on just that event taking place? If a guy figures his team probably won't win the game anyway, I can imagine an athlete figuring he might as well personally benefit to the tune of 5 or 10 million dollars, for "letting one go." Especially if he's being traded....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join