The Super Bowl was rigged.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
A safety is the first score?

How many gamblers bet on that outcome? probably less than 5%. So the bookies made money on that one.

And the whole of the last 2 minutes was completely contrived, with players on both sides working hard to fix the outcome. Who on God's green earth would let the opponent score a touchdown and take the lead in the last two minutes ON PURPOSE?

Of the fans, the pro-patriot lobby were the most dedicated, because they had the most to prove. So most of the bets would have been against the Giants. by probably 3 to 1. So what do the bookies need? A final upset, that's what.

There are too many millions at stake to allow the "Big Game" to be a snore-fest. The advertizers would rig it, to keep you watching, even if the owners didn't care.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
crazy! can this be true do they really rig games? why did they seemed so surprised at the outcome??

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Giants won because their better than the Patriots.

Absolutely no conspiracy there. It's a fact.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
i think tom brady was crying at the end of the game...

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Giants won because their better than the Patriots.

Absolutely no conspiracy there. It's a fact.

if not for the safety and the penalty called on the patriots that cost them the fumble they patriots would of won that game. but im glad to see the giants get it

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Stars vs. Sabers.

Now that game was rigged for the Stanley Cup.

Making the rules as it went along.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by tovenar

How many gamblers bet on that outcome? probably less than 5%. So the bookies made money on that one.

Was pretty impressive, wasn't it.
I was all about the pats winning...so, that first play was a wtf moment...facepalm extreme..but naa, there is no way that was intentional...not even a team of ninja's could have done that purposefully...freakin amazingly bad luck, but watch the play.

And the whole of the last 2 minutes was completely contrived, with players on both sides working hard to fix the outcome. Who on God's green earth would let the opponent score a touchdown and take the lead in the last two minutes ON PURPOSE?

Actually, that was quite brilliant and I got excited. that was their only hope.
by giving them the touchdown, they stopped the clock (the giants were trying to stall for as long as possible, then win in the last few seconds with a field goal..instead, it forced the giants to go up by 4 points, and give the other team 2 minutes to work down the field verses about 6 seconds...aka, a lifetime.
Watch the play again..you will actually see the runner try and stop before the goal line, but his momentum made him fall in...he knew that by doing that, it could have cost the giants the game.

It was one of the coolest games I have watched in quite sometime..and my team lost..but damn good game anyhow.
and no, the only actual cheating or whatever I seen going on was 2 plays that was clear passing interference against the pats that simply wasn't called.

incidently, not much into football watching, unless I got a bit of money on the game..otherwise I give it a skip.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Everything is rigged...

Sports
Movie Awards
Music Awards
Presidential Elections

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I've been working through the last 5 or 6 superbowls as to how they can rig the outcome, even the score.
In football, unlike other sports, it's highly dependant on the quarterbacks performance. It's now coming out how much science knows about the brain and they have it mapped.
Low frequency emf's can be used to effect the brain. All someone has to do, who has access to the right equipment, is to mess with the qb at the right moments and a football could be manipulated with little effort, even the score. In golf they call a temporary brain blackout the "yips". Zap him at the right time and that key moment to act is past.
The same could be done to a reciever, a cornerback, safety or linebacker if needed. IMHO, with this technology football would be the easiest sport to fix without being too obvious. I look at it like the wwf was the football of today without the actors even being aware of the script they are following.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I don't believe the players rig the games but the officials definitely do. It is less pronounced during games like the superbowl and the playoffs where the refs seem to let the players 'play it out' more.

During the regular season is another story though. It is so obvious how the referees control the tempo of the game and can affect momentum shifts astoundingly. Little infractions such as holding can be so arbitrary but account for such a huge portion of the game.

Have you ever noticed that a huge pass or gain can be wiped out at such crucial times? I mean how do many holds look any different than any other play?

If you think I'm nuts, why have the Oakland Raiders led in penalties EVERY year for like the past 20 years? How can one team with different coaches and players every year continually be that bad at penalties? It can't possibly be a conspiracy against Al Davis?? Naah?

Nothing to see here folks...move along!

(BTW I am a packers fan!!)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Brady's look throughout the game (including the beginning)

says it ALL

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ignant

Yeah, he just looked kinda stunned the entire game. He played well but just didn't seem as sharp as normal.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I'm going to go ahead and guess that you dont usually watch football. The reason a safety was the first score was because of an awesome punt and a good pass rush. They let Bradshaw score the last touchdown because if he didn,t the Giants could run the clock down and kick a field goal from the 2 yard line basically sealing the win. The would have rather have Brady have a chance to take them down and win. There was absolutly nothing in that game that made me think that it was fixed. Every move that the coaches made was their style and I expected them to let them score that TD. Oh and the Safety bet. My friend won 1000 dollers on that bet. Also here is someone elses ticket ( twitter.com...#!/BenjaminLyons/status/166318918523289600/photo/1 )

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nutstomper
Oh and the Safety bet. My friend won 1000 dollers on that bet. Also here is someone elses ticket ( twitter.com...#!/BenjaminLyons/status/166318918523289600/photo/1 )

That's pretty cool. Do you think most bookies made money, or lost money, on that play?

With the billions in advertising riding on the viewing of the entire game, do you really think it would be left to chance?

From the standpoint of the network and its advertisers, what would be the worst possible game? It would be the one that begins with an early blowout. In that case, you have millions turning away, tuning out and changing the channel. Now, that has not happened in almost a decade. I wonder why.

From the standpoint of Vegas, what is the worst outcome for the Superbowl? A match-up that no one cares about, because they bet less when it's impersonal. Also, a predictable game, with predictable score numbers.

The media is SO CAREFUL to control everything that generates money. And the super blow is the biggest cash cow of all.

The 1919 world series was fixed. Have people changed since then? Have we become nicer? Have the players become less likely to wind up in financial straights?

The Olympics seem to always have cheating and rigging issues. And they aren't even about money.

I guess big money is what cleans up professional sports, right?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by tovenar

So? A safety in their first play is an unlikely event yes, but It's obviously not an impossibility still. It does happen, it can happen, and in the superbowl.. It unfortunately did happen.

Unlikely thing's do happen.. that's why people bet money on them. It doesn't mean a conspiracy is going on. The Giants punter put the pats in a tough spot and Brady messed up by throwing the ball away like that. Mistakes happen.

Who on God's green earth would let the opponent score a touchdown and take the lead in the last two minutes ON PURPOSE?

Did you even watch the game? If they let the Giants keep the ball they would've lost the game for sure. At least with letting them score like they did they gave themselves a chance of winning the game by getting the ball back. It was a gamble yes, but it had to be done. If it payed off no one would be saying anything at all here.

Stop being such a bad loser already. The pats lost fair and square.. deal with it.
edit on 7-2-2012 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

if not for the safety and the penalty called on the patriots that cost them the fumble they patriots would of won that game. but im glad to see the giants get it

No, if the Pats' receivers (who are paid millions to catch a ball) actually caught the ball, they'd have won. I know Brady's wife is getting a lot of heat for her comments, but she's spot on. Tom did his job, even literally threw it right through the hands of an opponent to get to his guy, who then didn't catch the ball. The fact that they touched the ball shows Brady got it there and did his part.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against

Stop being such a bad loser already. The pats lost fair and square.. deal with it.
edit on 7-2-2012 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

I didn't care either way about the game; couple of yankees want to beat each others heads in, go for it. If I had a preference, it'd be the Giants anyway.

Baseball had Pete Rose. NFL doesn't ever have those problems though, I guess.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by biggmoneyme

Hope you do know Brady was treated like the princess he is that whole game by the refs and by the commentators.

fix on the game?

I don't think so. Patriots didn't show up to play and the giants did.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by tovenar

It is a sign of the times we live in and if you'd ask me. When big money is at stake "protected" people will gather around it to see if they can "score".

I have a bad feeling that the corruption in the USA has taken such an outragious form that everything can and should be questioned. At the same time I am not having the illusion that there will ever be any inquieries by the justice department......

One.... two words...Bohemian Grove...the top of organised corruption in all layers of US government and US society in general are to be found there.

I am looking forward to the upcoming US presidential election fraude....threads.

edit on 7/2/2012 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by manna2

Or even more simply in light of the years of football/soccer fixing and the cricket spot fixing stuff last year...

People paying money for a certain outcome and getting it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join