It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Murder someone else, or be tortured by them?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by lemon1

Still let it happen?

Yes, because a five year old girl has so many options when faced by a menacing parent figure who will either beat her or her baby siblings.

I could have killed myself. That would have solved all of my problems. But, it would have still happened to my siblings regardless.

I tried to convince my "mother", who has full parental custody of them, over and over to let me adopt my younger siblings. Or, even, just let them live with me. She has basically told me to go to hell because, "What would people think?". Yet, she has no problem shipping them off to live with a known abuser.

Like I said, there are some things that I cannot change.

I do what I can to make life easier for my siblings. That really is all I can do at this point, aside from kidnapping them or walking into his house and murdering him in cold blood with no "self-defense" excuse. I would then go to prison. Wherein my children would be motherless.

Great reasoning. Really.

Thankfully, two of my other sisters who are now adults also live in the house with the two youngest (minors) and the "father". They still revere him as some great man, but they do not let him abuse the younger ones because they can now actually put him in prison since they are adults. Small blessings, I guess.

Hindsight is always 20/20. In hindsight, I really do think I should have strangled him. But I didn't. He ran away from me, and I did not give chase. I made myself simmer down because I knew that my little baby three year old sister who was in the room would be forever traumatized if she saw her eldest sister murdering her "beloved" father. Instead, I picked her up and hugged her and kissed her and comforted her.

I can't change that. I can only change how my life is now and how I want my life to be and how I want to make life better for as many people as I can help.

Frankly, I don't think you have any clue what I am talking about, other than from a completely moral standpoint. If I am wrong, then, please, share experiences you have had where you had to make that choice - kill or be killed?

And, my morals actually tell me that random murder is wrong. But, I would still murder someone to stop suffering for others. Period. The whole reason we have "fight or flight" is because this is how humans have evolved. It is really not a moral issue when your life is in danger.

One of my sisters, who has had similar experiences to me, has told me that she would allow a burglar in her house to kill her instead of fighting back. She says murder, at all cost, is wrong. I asked her if she would have murdered our "father" when she was young and he was sitting on her chest, strangling her. She said that at the time, yes. But, now, she wouldn't. She would let him kill her and hope that her death would somehow change his life for the better.

The difference between her and me? She is extremely religious. Religion, to me, is pointless.
edit on 2/8/2012 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join