It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Wrong Attitude to have

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
The once great idea that was broken sidewalk farm is not looking so good. This is the wrong attitude to have when trying to save the world through agriculture.
***Warning this guy uses bad words***

Can't say im surprised, the group of people that protest the use of non-organics are the same group that do not really want to do anything. When push comes to shove the mass amount of people that support things like broken sidewalk farm don't support it at all. They depend heavily on a dedicated few and in this case a dedicated one. Action and change come about through action and change, nothing gets done by complaining online and waiving a sign around.
So let this be a lesson to all you survivalists out there, depend on nobody.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
What is the purpose of this video. It's one big foul mouth rant fest by the man in it. Cursing his wife, his friends...well just about everyone....

I live in a very rural mountain community. About 400 people on a holiday with everyone's family visiting. We live a life style of helping and sharing with each other. We already have plans in place should TSHTF...for locking down our area, and taking care of each other.

I still see don't see the point of what you posted.

ETA: For any others who have not watched the video yet. Don't do it in front of children, or turn the sound down. Very foul mouthed all the way through.

Des
edit on 6-2-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
What is the purpose of this video. It's one big foul mouth rant fest by the man in it. Cursing his wife, his friends...well just about everyone....

Read the text above and below the video

ETA: For any others who have not watched the video yet. Don't do it in front of children, or turn the sound down. Very foul mouthed all the way through.

Des
edit on 6-2-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

Did you think that warning i put right above the video was somehow not clear?

What is it with this forum and people reading?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshF

what an idiot - his only point that makes any sense is the allegation that his ex-wifes divorce settlement has impacted his cash flow

everything else is PPP [ < censored > poor planning ] on his part

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoshF
The once great idea that was broken sidewalk farm is not looking so good. This is the wrong attitude to have when trying to save the world through agriculture.

Perhaps some insight as to what the 'once great idea that was Broken Sidewalk Farm' was would be helpful here? I take it that it was/is an organic farm CSA (community shared agriculture)? In the above, who's attitude is the wrong one when trying to save the world, the 'gentleman' in the video or those who supposedly supported his efforts? If indeed my assumption is correct and Broken Sidewalk Farm is a CSA, there are many organizations out there to assist CSA farmers in a number of areas.

Can't say im surprised, the group of people that protest the use of non-organics are the same group that do not really want to do anything. When push comes to shove the mass amount of people that support things like broken sidewalk farm don't support it at all. They depend heavily on a dedicated few and in this case a dedicated one. Action and change come about through action and change, nothing gets done by complaining online and waiving a sign around.

I cannot say I am surprised either if the attitude displayed in the referenced video is typical of his every day interactions with the people who have pledged to assist him or support him in any way. To be honest, if this is the way he behaves typically, I would walk away as well. We all get knocked down in the dust from time to time, sure bellyache about it to a degree but eventually there comes a time when you have to pull yourself up by the boot straps, dust yourself off, give the finger to whatever it is that knocked you down, dig in and try harder. If it is something you really really want... there IS a way to get it accomplished. Playing the victim and whining about it over and over like a broken record however, is not a way to get anything accomplished and indeed is counter-productive

So let this be a lesson to all you survivalists out there, depend on nobody.

Bull hockey. Depend on yourself, most certainly. However, you have to surround yourself with people that over the course of time have proven their worth and dependablity and display an honest intent on being an active member of a cause or project of yours or the 'group'. Lip service does little to impress me, however, if in the course of time someone demonstrates time and again their honest interest and lends help when needed... that impresses me.

Sounds to me as if perhaps he has surrounded himself with imitators rather than doers. Maybe it's time for him to do an honest evaluation on the situation and change not only HIS attitude, but in general his tactics. I am sure that if he did that Broken Sidewalk Farm would do well rather than falter.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I just don't really understand.
Do I thumbs up the video as I see a whiner complaining about his miserable situation or do I thumbs down the video because it is a whining / blame session?
The video explains nothing of what has died.
Now if the whine and cheese connoisseur is the lead of said project I can understand why the project has died.
When I want to build something or do a project I just get it done, the only obstacle I see in the whining guys video is his attitude, well and lack of charm.

top topics

join