It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revised Gulf Of Mexico Being The Result Of An Impact.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
first let me say sorry for the lack of posting knowledge. ( from under a rock i came )

this first image is of the gulf taken from google earth.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

This next image is what i think happend. the impact came in from the direction of the black arrow ( forgive my paint skills ) the red arrows show the direction of the out ward blast. the yellow arrow is the resulting inward water flow.

This last pic shows how the earth and water flowed back in. The earth is in red showing the flow back in from the mexico side, and the abrupt sea shelf where the blast went up ward. the black shows where the water flow back in to the crater thus not resulting in the same out ward blast pattern shown in red. so what you see is two lips almost opposite of each other right at the mouth. this happens when rushing water has a back flow at a choke point. so it just a flat debris field.

well thats just something that ran through my mind and i wanted to see what every one thought. since im broke and i just cant report back the field studies on my own : )

thanks for your time.

edit on 6-2-2012 by omegacorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Isn't that the asteroid hit location that killed off the dinosaurs?

Why revised?

The pic shows good detail.
edit on 6-2-2012 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
im thinking it was alot bigger than just the tip of the yucatan

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by omegacorps

You could be right. They say the asteroid was 6 miles across, but that seems too small when you look at the gulf.
Interesting.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
The pictures you posted certainly do not look like an impact crater as we have come to know them. I am not sure what to think. Think maybe we need geologist to come by, someone might, often they are lurking.

Did want to say, not to worry about not being a pro poster. Everyone has to start somewhere, you did fine

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
thanks. finally can let the stuff rattling around my brain out.
hard to talk to my 14 y/o daughter about it. i even tried to relate it to beiber.
but alas ear wax.....

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
it might also explain how the odd ocean current got started. the new madrid fault line might be the after math of it as well.

thats why i need you guys

thanks
edit on 6-2-2012 by omegacorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
ase.tufts.edu..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

3.bp.blogspot.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

this is the closet pics of a impact shape that im talking about.

edit on 7-2-2012 by omegacorps because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-2-2012 by omegacorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Interesting theory. I used to think about the same thing, and was terriby disappointed at the "official" explanation in my school books. I never looked into it as deep as this, though. When I first looked at the pic you posted, I thought the meteor would have come in from the north east, leaving a long ditch shaped appearance as it dug into the earth. But yours could make sense too, if it came in at a steeper angle, causing it to come to a short halt, rather than dragging a distance and creating the ditch like appearance. Thanks again for sharing. I can't wait to see what else comes out of that brain of yours
seriously. Let us know if you ever get your daughter to be interested in this kind of stuff xD I bet that will be a great day for you when she grows bored with the beib! XD

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

thanks for the input. yeah that will be a good day, but the odds are in favor of 2012 happening first.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
updated info can be found here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join