It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tucson suspect's stay at Mo. facility extended

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Tucson suspect's stay at Mo. facility extended

news.yahoo.com

By JULIE WATSON

SAN DIEGO (AP) — A federal judge ruled Monday that the suspect in the Tucson shooting that wounded Gabrielle Giffords will spend four more months at a federal prison facility where officials are forcibly medicating him.

U.S. District Court Judge Larry Burns ruled after the chief federal psychologist of Jared Lee Loughner informed the court that she believes he is still not competent to stand trial.

Burns said he was extending the stay because the psychologist said Loughner is making progress at the facility in Springfield, Mo.

Loughner, 23, has pleaded not guilt
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 082929p://4326 by mike dangerously because: Fixed title.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
The US District Court has ruled Jared Lee Loughner still not competent to stand trail.I personally think there is no attention of bringing him to trail he's gonna rot in that hospital.In a way perhaps that's the point.In a few years he will be quietly released and it won't even make the news.That's the nature of the game we find ourselves in.I have another article about the shooter from Norway I'll be posting that later.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
First and foremost it's tragic what he did and I don't think anyone deserves what he did to her ...but...

The part that is eerie... is that they are forcibly medicating him so that he can be brainwashed into winning a conviction in court. Are they attempting to medicate a truly insane individual and train him just so...so that an insanity plea is out the door? Seems dodgy...
edit on 2/6/2012 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
This is indeed suspicious. The basis of an NGI (not guilty by reason of insanity) plea is whether or not the alleged perpetrator KNEW that what he or she did was wrong. If the perpetrator knows it is wrong, they can be tried like anybody else, no matter what their mental state is. If they don't know what they did was wrong, they are obviously insane and not responsible for their actions, hence they get sent to a hospital for the criminally insane.

To medicate a prisoner and help them to "make progress" towards their mental health has nothing to do with the legal aspects of the trial, and to me, stinks to high heaven of government brainwashing intervention.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Brianwashing in order to get an conviction? or is it more like a way to stash him away in a hospital and have him doped up for the rest of his life? Alot of variables in this case.

new topics

top topics

join