It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A hypothesis about the sounds coming from the Earth itself.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I think the earth rumbling is more of it settling due to the decades upon decades of us drilling oil and other things from deep within.

If you think on it, we are taking huge amounts of things from in the Earth. Things which took millions of years to make and can't be replenished in a century of time. Basically, all the oil et al being drilled out of the earth is leaving behind massively empty holes. Massively empty. You would think that that has to

a. Do some kind of massive structural damage to the earth itself, hence all the earthquakes as of late and could be causing the sounds we're hearing from the earth.

b. going without those elements in the ground could pose some serious retributions. I mean, oil et al is in the earth for millions of years for some kind of reason. It wasn't just created millions of years ago JUST for us in the 20th century and 21st century to use for our machines etc. Maybe the earth needs it like we need blood and oxygen inside us to live. Take that away and we die. Unless it is replaced with transfusions or oxygen tanks.

So what is happening to the Earth now that we could be taking away her form of blood and oxygen?

Something to ponder at least. I'm no scientist by a long shot. Maybe the answers are already there. If so, please do enlighten me. But yeah. For now, these are my opinions and such. A scary thought, indeed.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

Oil isn't very deep in the earth crust. It's doubtful that it has any relationship to the plate movements. By that logic, mining for Gold could has a similar effect.

Who knows though... Earth is a Jenga puzzle. We take from the bottom and we put it on top.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
That is an amazing analogy; a Jenga.

Is there anything else we take which is deeper in the Earth though? I mean, I dig the ideas of aliens. I really dig the idea of the dwarves coming up from Moria. I kinda meh about the whole Christ coming back to Earth thing but it could happen. I more am trying for the scientific reasons and as such, this idea was born.

Though Moria would rule if that were the case
Peter Jackson was on to something. Or really JRR Tolkien. Both of em.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

Maybe removing the oil is actually pressing the plates together and making the earth more stable and better at generating cheap oil? Maybe Oil isn't like blood, maybe it's like the nectar of a flower that the earth feeds to insects to allow Earth to flourish in the Universe. Don't be so negative.

It's nice to believe there's some fantastic climax to Mankind out in the Universe waiting to discover us, or return and change our lives forever. But, like all of mankind before us, we die the same.

Unfortunately; thousands, if not millions of people expect an event like that to unfold and completely disregard their own lives in hopes for something that will make their life more like a fantasy. While they complain about the fantasy world that the Media traps everyone in, they are blind to the fantasy world that they build around them self.

The Universe existed before Man and will continue to exist after you die. The Universe does not care what you think the Universe should or should not do. The Universe does not have to fit any definition or formula, it can change at will and behave however it wants with no consequences.

I recommend spending time researching things like; "If there is an earthquake here; will I be able to survive without power or income for a week?".

Back in the 80's, everyone was trying to eliminate poverty. Instead, we ran up a huge debt to society. Now, poverty is growing.

Earthquakes don't kill as many people as civil wars.

top topics

join