Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

She Dialed 911. The Cop Who Came to Help Raped Her.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkipperJohn
reply to post by sir_slide

This sounds like total BS. sorry.

2nd

LOL..Ive's taken alls I can takes and I canst takes no more. What exactly sounds like BS?

Peace

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by spav5

My thoughts exactly, typical attempt at a drive by thread assassination....

read the article for gods sake!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Cop is due to be sentenced in April. Had to go to federal courts. May get life, but highly doubtful.

JSONLINE.COM

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Horrible horrible story...

the officer had previous instances and violations and somehow remained on the force

I've worked with a lot of cops in the past, most were cool people and easy to be around. Others were jerks. When I once asked why the police department would ever keep someone on the force with such bad attitudes the response I got was "do you know how hard it is to fire a cop?"

Unions. I see the same exact thing in hospitals, nurses that nearly kill patients repeatedly.. but you can't fire them. Or with teachers who are abysmal at their job, or after 15 years simply stop caring or trying.. almost impossible to fire. Because of Unions.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide
reply to post by redrose123

It can be a scary world when you can no longer trust the people that are supposed to protect you.

This is yet another element of how exasperating American naivete can be; not to mention how persistent it is. I personally fear the police themselves, far more than I do any other criminal out there, and I have pretty much always felt that way.

They are not your friends. They do not care about you. They look after themselves, and they have been given the ability to do so.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Indeed.

I didnt know about that union stuff, that is also very worrying. One would assume that infractions such as previous ones of this nature would result in immediate and permanent dismissal, ridiculous that it isn't the case.

Also not saying all cops are bad, but these days a lot of them seem to be getting caught out acting above the law, in the states especially.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
How absolutely horrific. This is the stuff of nightmares.
I just don't know where to start. I hope he is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. When I lived in Chicago I remember hearing stories of gross abuse of power like this, but I never believed they were true. Just exagerated. I don't believe thats the case here. What does anyone have to gain by calling rape on a police officer? If it were a false story, it would only garner trouble.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

I didnt know about that union stuff, that is also very worrying. One would assume that infractions such as previous ones of this nature would result in immediate and permanent dismissal, ridiculous that it isn't the case.

You would assume so .. sadly, not the case. I never understood why Unions protect bad employees, they just do. Where my wife works a supervisor is not even allowed to call you into her office for a discussion about bad behavior without a Union rep and or a Union lawyer present. Unions are not all bad, but their habit of defending bad workers and horrible people like the officer in the story, constantly lead to problems where innocent people are effected.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Man thats jacked up on so many different levels its not funny..

While im glad the guy went to jail im not happy that the PA still has a job and has not been charged himself for failing to perform the duties of his office.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Damn right

I was outraged when I read this, I'm kinda surprised more people aren't paying attention, this is a big story, very symbolic....

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   

At the end of the article she is talking about joining the medical field after her experience with the legal field. With everything she has been through, and because of her unwillingness to back down and quit, I think she would make an awesome victims advocate.

While her story is extremely disturbing, she came out of it on the other side. When it comes to the topic of rape females need strong role models to help them get through the situation. The physical injuries are bad enough and the psychological / emotional damage are even worse.

One of the hospitals in my area worked with victim advocacy groups (rape / abuse / etc) to set up around the clock access to advocates. All of the ones I have worked with were female and had extensive backgrounds / experience in the subject matter. Since Police Departments are predominately male, we run into the issue of appearing intimidating / non trusting simply because of gender (and under these types of circumstances I completely understand why).

The advocate is requested and they stay with the victim through almost the entire process. If people aren't familiar with all that is involved in processing a rape victim I can say its almost as bad as the rape itself. They are subjected to not only the medical portion but the evidence processing portion. They are essentially forced to relive the nightmare while having people poking and prodding and taking photos.

The advocates have access to resources in the area - Counselor's, womens shelter, points of contact with the PA's office victim advocate, points of contact with the Police, Doctors etc..

I am still dumb founded as to the choice of the PA. I cant for the life of me understand his choice to not prosecute.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Some might find this interesting: www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's a thread I put together comparing rapist psychology to police psychology using academic sources and writings from the police themselves.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Im calling BS. Why is the boyfriend getting water for a cop??? Please I only drink bottled water!! Well I guess youll need to get that at the store because All i have is chilled tap water. No go f yopurself. I pay you

Seriously what man would go get water and i find it haerd to believe a cop would rape someone with partner there and ah f it. Dont even know why im commenting on this bs story

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide
Why don't you read the article before commenting?

Agree - if they read the article they would've seen they linked to this article
NY Times - Ex-officer sentenced in East Village rape case - though the stories are a bit different.... it shows that it happens.

I think its tragic. I've also had bad experiences calling 911. I hope I never have to again, of course everyone hopes that, but generally I feel like it would have to be a matter of life and death before I did.
edit on 7-2-2012 by Forevever because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by sd211212

For starters people are pretty stupid and will largely do whatever a person in uniform tells them to do thanks to the way children are raised to just bow to representations of authority.

On the second point: woman says cops took turns on her

It happens. People do what cops tell them to and cops will rape. The world is full of possibilities. Whenever you think a thing cant happen chances are it's happening as you think.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

I know of two real life instances. One where a young cop flirted with a friend of mine and then proceeded to stalk her for a few weeks when she decided she didn't want to see him. The second was a cop that pulled my girlfriend over for no reason and then proceeded to flirt with her. Then followed her to the store and was still sitting near her car when she left the grocery store. It freaked her out. I told her if she was ever on a back road and a cop tried to pull her over that she should call 9/11 and say she was uncomfortable with the situation and for them to relay to the cop that she was driving to a public area or to just lay off.

I don't trust cops.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I'm sorry but was the husband not tipped off when a cop who is suppossed to be there to investigate a crime sends him for water? Also the smart thing to do would be for the husband to go show the cop what happend not leave his wife to do it. Took the son outside to question him?? umm since when is that operating procedure? I am not siding with the cops but shuldnt the family be a little more vigilant? The cop is there to work not have a cold drink
I am glad the cop was convicted. I hope he gets raped in the @ss in the pen. I hear they LOVE former cops in there, but then agian he will probably find a way to worm his way into protective custody so he gets a single cell and dosent have to worrie about nothin.
edit on 2/7/2012 by JROCK2527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
IF found guilty he should be strung up by the gonads over a pit of toxic waste and tortured till he falls in!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
God willing, this cop will be sodomised everyday of his worthless life while in prison.

God willing, he will be repeatedly stabbed in the throat and left to bleed out on the cell block.

God willing, this girl and her family will bankrupt the city and state in a lawsuit.

God help the rest of his victims, because there has to be more that suffered at his hands.

No mercy for the cop, just agonizing pain and slow death, and if he is protected in any way by the justice system, god willing the same fate upon they who aided him. I wish vigilante justice upon them all.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join