It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

She Dialed 911. The Cop Who Came to Help Raped Her.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

A young woman in Milwaukee called the cops when someone threw a brick through her window. One of the cops who came to help raped her.

When the brick crashed through her bathroom window and somebody began kicking in her front door, the 19-year-old single mother of two in Milwaukee dialed what are supposed to be the most trustworthy three numbers.

“I called 911 for help,” she later said in court. “I didn’t call 911 to be the victim.”

Within minutes, two police officers responded. One took her 15-year-old brother outside to speak to him. The other cop, Police Officer Ladmarald Cates, gave her boyfriend $10 and told him to go the store and get some water. She told him that he was welcome to chilled water from her refrigerator.

“I only drink bottled water,” Cates said.

Her boyfriend has a pronounced limp and set off with no promise of returning soon. Cates asked to see the broken window and she led him down a narrow hallway to a bathroom in the back. She felt sure that jealous neighbors had attacked her happy home because she dared to defy what seemed surely to be her fate as an inner-city teenage single mom.

She now stood on a floor littered with broken glass and pointed to the brick. The cop she had summoned to protect her instead chose this moment to grab the back of her head by her hair and sodomize her. Then he raped her.

Her revulsion in the aftermath was so visceral that she vomited as she ran outside. The cop’s partner had become concerned when he did not immediately see Cates and called for back-up. Other cops began arriving and saw a woman screaming incoherently about being raped.

Cates appeared and grabbed her by the waist, spinning her around. Her swinging feet may or may not have struck the partner. She was handcuffed and taken in, told at the stationhouse that she was being charged with assaulting a police officer.

Continued HERE

How horrible, I'd say I hope he is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law but in this case it seems that it isn't enough. What get's me the most is the police response, the officer had previous instances and violations and somehow remained on the force, allowing something like this to happen.

Behavior like this is despicable, even more so from a police officer, a supposedly trusted public servant who in this case raped a young single mother, while he was sent to protect her. Makes me very sad this kind of stuff, although people should know about it.
edit on 6-2-2012 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

This sounds like total BS. sorry.

I did read this.He gave her husband 10bucks to go get water? and I did not look that hard but I can't find any source besides the beast.
edit on 6-2-2012 by SkipperJohn because: edit to add

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

This is why my wife is trained to use every gun in the house, and has two of her own, one of which she carries at all times.

This cop would have been shot before his partner ever called for back-up.

My wife already knows. Kill the sum'bitch first, and I'll pay for the lawyers later.

+11 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread806274/pg1#pid13414296]post by SkipperJohn[/url]

Why don't you read the article before commenting?

As the case headed for trial, Gina Barton of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported that Cates had been investigated for illegal behavior on five previous occasions, three of them involving sexual misconduct. Two of those were with prisoners. The third was with a 16 year-old and that case had been referred to the Milwaukee district attorney’s office, which declined to prosecute. The priors came as no surprise to the 19-year-old who was now accusing him of raping her while he somehow remained employed as a cop.

“I knew it,” she says. “The way he treated me, I knew he had to have hurt somebody else before.”

But, the law prohibited the prosecution from using Cates’s history to sway the jury. The case was still a she-said-he-said as the victim took the stand. She had been counseled and steadied by Shellow right up to this moment. She was now on her own.

“I am here today because Officer Cates is a very bad man,” she said. Shellow says that her client was a terrific witness. The victim herself feels otherwise, faulting herself for not being able to convey the enormity of what happened. She does say, “It felt good to look at him and tell him what he did. He was looking at his shoes.” She also felt that whatever her shortcomings he was sure to be convicted.

“I thought it would be guilty,” she said. “I felt it in my stomach. Anybody with two eyes could see this dude was an animal.”

On January 11, the jury convicted Cates of violating the victim’s civil rights by raping her.

edit on 6-2-2012 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

This is a very unlikely story. I'm not going to buy it until there's a cop found guilty.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkipperJohn

This sounds like total BS. sorry.

2nd

I don't see any sources, just links to similar stories from other papers.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Unfortunately I am sure this cop will get a warning, and perhaps the worst that will happen is his badge gets stripped... I say this because when cops "accidentally" shoot someone in the face, the occasionally get to keep their job and for whatever reason get to be privileged above the rest of the citizens of America... I wish I had a fancy badge and gun...

+23 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magnificient

This is a very unlikely story. I'm not going to buy it until there's a cop found guilty.

Article states he already was found guilty.

Second source...

MILWAUKEE (AP) - A federal jury has convicted a fired Milwaukee police officer of violating a woman's civil rights by sexually assaulting her after he responded to her 911 call.

Forty-four-year-old Ladmarald Cates faces a maximum penalty of life in prison. The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports Cates will likely serve far less time under federal sentencing guidelines.

Jurors deliberated three hours before delivering a split verdict Wednesday.

They found Cates not guilty of using a firearm in a crime of violence. Assistant U.S. Attorney Mel Johnson says he's pleased with the outcome. Defense attorney Bridget Boyle says she and Cates accept the results.

Cates said the woman had sex with him willingly after he arrived at her home in July 2010. The woman testified that Cates assaulted her.

Sentencing is set for April 11. Read more: lacrossetribune.com... -11e1-b793-001871e3ce6c.html#ixzz1lf1xJwrl

edit on 6-2-2012 by YouAreLiedTo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by badconduct

Here is where I read it:

www.thedailybeast.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

This reminds me of what happened to a friend of mine several years ago. Her husband assaulted her and threatened to kill her. After he was arrested one of the officers began calling her and wanted to know if she needed some company. She told him no. He then called back and told her not to go anywhere he was on his way. She came to my house almost hysterical. The next day she moved in with her parents.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Yup, that's the way it is in policeland. There is just something intoxicating for someone who is given a badge and a gun. It all goes to the head. Most are mean and nasty. So this is just another example of the police in action.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I would like to point out that there is a video in the source. Also, the commenters on the article itself seem to make it seem like it actually happened, with some other background story elements. I am not going to post it because it isn't technically proof but you can look for yourself. I am going to dig a little and see if I can find this story elsewhere (perhaps on Bill O'Reilly is what I am reading )

EDIT: actually just read the rest of the article like OP suggested, I think it is pretty clear and not hard to research it on your own if necessary.
edit on 6-2-2012 by PhysicsAdept because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
If I had a dollar for every cop that asked me at some point for a blow job when pulled over or camping....

I would have exactly 5 dollars so far.

And, I'm a male. COPS really are pigs. Not all, but most in my experience. Whenever I have to dial 911 I'm making sure a cop AND ambulance are sent, if possible. What sucks when pulled over in desolate areas, they are in total charge cause they have the gun

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
If this story is true, then it just sickens me.

I've read some bad stories of late, but this is up there.

In some countries, this kind of thing would result in things being chopped off, or death.

Luckily for the completely disturbed people like this, who choose to use their authority & power for bad..we live in "democratic" countries.

If this happened to somebody I knew, I wouldn't rest until I found that person & lay down some real justice.

Just hard to have faith in the direction humanity is heading, when you hear of things like this.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

Wow that is pretty terrible, the thing that is scary is that it's not very easy to call the police ON the police, it's not in their interest to get their colleagues in trouble.

It can be a scary world when you can no longer trust the people that are supposed to protect you.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Here's a similar incident...

They are practically gang sex-assaulting here, the only rape element missing is actual penetration

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

That is my experience also, had a particularly nasty encounter with them recently, they illegally entered a friends property and proceeded to stomp through the house (no warrant) intimidating people into leaving and verbally abusing everyone in sight, not as bad as it could have been although it was just their attitude that was really nasty.

It's like they're pissed off because they're the only ones not having fun or something, NO ONE CAN ENJOY LIFE because ours suck!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

whoa whoa whoa

That's absolutely insane, it's like bad lieutenant or something, just sickening! Thanks for sharing

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

I saw this a while back and was just shocked, totally shocked, she is absolutely terrified, that is what makes it so bad, she is absolutely terrified and they have no right to make a person feel that way and be traumatized by their 'procedures'...

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SmoKeyHaZe

Totally,

people bad mouth a lot of other countries for having human rights violations when all I read week after week are human rights violations taking place in the west, mostly by the police or certain authorities, sure we're not talking about mass murder, though in a lot of cases we don't even do anything when mass murder is taking place overseas unless we have some economic, political or strategic interest in that country.

It would really help if we could pay more attention to what is going on in our own countries rather than stamping our feet and worrying about other peoples business.

I could dig up about a thousand threads to point out what I mean about human rights violations at home, although that's probably not necessary on ATS

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join