It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China publishes high-resolution full moon map

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Cool find...

I am curious.. We should compare their images to those of NASA and other national space agencies. Specifically I would like to compare the blurred images to see if they are not blurred on the Chinese photos.

S and F

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

A resolution of 7 mtrs, the LRO images are at 0.6 to 0.25 mtrs per pixel so whats the point!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Will this put an end to the Moon Base nonsense?

Beware! Beware!
Because sometime the dreams became real!

To the OP: S&F for this news

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Cool find...

I am curious.. We should compare their images to those of NASA and other national space agencies. Specifically I would like to compare the blurred images to see if they are not blurred on the Chinese photos.
S and F

This is exactly "The Sum Of All Fears" for NASA.....

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
An EPIC electronic
TROJAN HORSE...

See.

800gb virus...Thatz huuuuuge

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

Thats a good point. All the pushing and shoving going on at the moment it could be a big last card to play.
An interesting scenario to say the least. "you think youre clever ? oh well guess we will tell the world the real story here"......now that certainly would be interesting.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

A resolution of 7 mtrs, the LRO images are at 0.6 to 0.25 mtrs per pixel so whats the point!

The LRO images are FAKED!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Here is a link to some of the images released.

moon.bao.ac.cn...

Some of the other mainstream websites only showed a few of the images in the above link. I'm looking for a link to more if anybody else knows...

edit on 7-2-2012 by Enlightenme1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
This can only mean that nasa and the chinese are working together to throw us off of the reptilian moon bases and the fact that humans have never been to the moon!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Well your dream isn't going to be answered by China's Chang'e 2, this is their detail of Apollo 17. So apparently you can continue your posting MO.

I'm sure this is low resolution, but in their words;

If there were airports and harbors on the moon, the Chang'e-1 could just identify them while Chang'e-2 could detect the planes or ships in them, said Tong Qingxi, academician with the Institute of Remote Sensing Applications of the Chinese Academy of Sciences.
The scientists also made some adjustments to the original data to more accurately reflect the topographic and geomorphologic features of the moon, the SASTIND statement said.

Hmm, the scientists 'made adjustments'? Guess you just can't trust anybody to offer raw data huh.

Now if this is a preview of their 800 GB file, it would be of little use except for around the equator. It will be a nice map skin for 3D enthusiasts though. This is a merge of only 746 separate images, so the quality would seem to leave a lot to be desired.

edit on 7-2-2012 by Illustronic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by BulletShogun

Originally posted by RustyShackleford3
reply to post by crimsongod21

We've gone from floppy disks to erect USB sticks, however the size continues to decrease.

2nd ___

remember what came before floppy disk? giant floppy disk about 5 inches wide.

now my sim card in my cell had 32 gigs

Yup. 5 1/4" floppy discs I used those on my second commodore 64. On the first one we didnt have floppy discs for storage we used a "commodore-datasette" if anyone remeber those.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Miccey

Flag for you that is what I was thinking. Who in their right mind is gonna sing into a chinese goverment site and expect to download such a massize file and not have there computer hacked.

Com on people.

Let the others out there get the data and spit it out.

Hopefully not the photoshoppers though

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Mimir

back on topic ffs....
floppy discs,

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Some very nice pics of the moon.
here's sinus iridium.

I can't wait to see if they put those online.

this image is truly amazing. some of the best detail ever.

tantaonews.com...

edit on 7-2-2012 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

LOL, AND the LRO image archives are now ONLY something like 17TB large

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Lets see some of the co ords that have been posted in the past.....
Id like to see the shard,the dome, and the spaceship laying in the little valley.
Also, wheres the bridge?Its supposedly ten miles long....
Theres a real shiny crater that looks inhabited too.....looks like its all lit up under glass....
can we order the pics by their co ords?
Will there be a central cache that we can visit?
Even 7 mtrs is good enough for rough comparisons ....
deny ignorance

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

We've gone from floppy disks to erect USB sticks, however the size continues to decrease.

2nd ___

I had a Commodore C64 before that with a Datasette where you had to rewind the tape to a specific time and then load a game for a couple minutes by playing the tape lol I couldn't even tell you what the storage capacity of that thing was. My first hard drive was for an Atari 1040STe, it had 30 MB ( That's MEGABYTE !! lol ) storage capacity and the thing was so huge I used it a socket to place the monitor on.

Err .. on topic .. I was trying to say that I'm eagerly waiting for an opportunity to look at the pictures.

edit on 7-2-2012 by H1ght3chHippie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimsongod21
reply to post by BulletShogun

the fact that you remember when pc games were on floppy disks is amazing, too many people i talk to these days couldn't tell you what a floppy disk was

DON'T COPY THAT FLOPPY!!!

As far as the moon goes, I have about 3.5TB of free space right now, so 800GB is doable, But I'd rather not spend a week or two downloading a file that, in all likelihood, will NOT include images of secret Nazi moon bases.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoNameBrand

2nd ___

V

Remember the sinclaire spectrum? You had to load games from a cassette tape. Now that was gaming at its best.
edit on 6-2-2012 by NoNameBrand because: (no reason given)

Ah, colour clash, wobbling 32k ram packs and rubber keys. Truly the aston martin of the 80s personal computing world...

I'm still scarred from typing games in BASIC from a magazine listing only to find there was a typo somewhere.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join