It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Moon..Does it seem brighter to you????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Mods: I started this topic here because it's based only on my personal observations...nothing scientific here at all.

The last few monthts, I've noticed that the moon shines so brightly through my bedroom window, it illuminates my entire room so well.... I don't even need to click the lights on to see my way to the bathroom.

I've noticed this so many times but, didn't really think much about it until last night. My oldest son (9 yo) crawled in bed w/ me after having a bad dream. After getting settled and snug, he asked me "where is that bright light coming from?"

I opened the curtains and this kid was in AWE....he couldn't believe that much light was coming from the Moon!

He even asked me what was wrong with the moon???????

Has anyone else noticed this?
edit on 6-2-2012 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Its called a clear sky?!?!

It varies depending on where you are and how its observed..

I do see it bright sometimes, and sometimes hidden behind clouds, nothing to see here, move along......
edit on 6-2-2012 by AK907ICECOLD because: Flagged twice,.... really

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I have a hard time believing this is anything new. I remember running amok at night as a kid and some nights you could pick you way through the woods barefoot and others you couldn't see the tree 10 ft in front of you. This was ~30 years ago. . .
edit on 6-2-2012 by algaedyne because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Funny I just got off the phone with my sister in NY. She said she thought someone was shining a spot light outside. I went out to see it. Wow, beautiful and amazing.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MagesticEsoteric

Firstly, I think you need to understand that moonlight is actually sunlight reflecting on the moon.
So optimal position between sun and moon and a nice clear night sky will give this effect.
edit on 6-2-2012 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by AK907ICECOLD
Its called a clear sky?!?!

It varies depending on where you are and how its observed..

I do see it bright sometimes, and sometimes hidden behind clouds, nothing to see here, move along......
edit on 6-2-2012 by AK907ICECOLD because: Flagged twice,.... really

C'Mon...I put this in chit chat.

I've seen plenty of UFO/Alien/2012/NWO threads you could visit and probably get waaaaay more attention.

It was an observation, I wasn't claiming that the moon was responsible for the blue spheres that fell from the sky or anything....Jeeeeezzzz

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by algaedyne
I have a hard time believing this is anything new. I remember running amok at night as a kid and some nights you could pick you way through the woods barefoot and others you couldn't see the tree 10 ft in front of you. This was ~30 years ago. . .
edit on 6-2-2012 by algaedyne because: (no reason given)

I have always been an outdoor person....I've lived mostly in the country but, also some in the city. I've also seen the brightly lit nights that you describe. I've just noticed that it seems to be more intense...just my opinion though. Thanks

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chukkles

Firstly, I think you need to understand that moonlight is actually sunlight reflecting on the moon.
So optimal position between sun and moon and a nice clear night sky will give this effect.
edit on 6-2-2012 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

Thanks for your thoughts on how I "need" to understand astronomy..I learned the basic concept, if I recall correctly, in 3rd or 4th grade science class.

This was not intended to be a scientific breakdown or battle of knowledge...it was an observation.

General Chit Chat.......

That's why I put it here....

Right now it's really cloudy and I can't see the moon at all but, earlier this evening it was incredible.

Last night it was so bright, my son had a hard time going back to sleep.

No conspiracy here...just a simple observation.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ladysophiaofsandoz
Funny I just got off the phone with my sister in NY. She said she thought someone was shining a spot light outside. I went out to see it. Wow, beautiful and amazing.

Funny you mention a spot light. My husband has a spot light he uses to spot deer at night.

Last night, my little boy said that the moon looked like "daddy's flash light coming through the window"

hmmm??

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
well your right in your observations...
The moon is brighter...

Cos it is closer than it has been since the 1990's

Click Here

or here if you like

although the "Super Moon" has come and gone... (you can catch it again in 2029)

Its still gonna be pretty bright for a little while as it makes its way further away in the cycle...

Star for observation!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Obviously wasn't a good night fer poachin'..

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvolEric
well your right in your observations...
The moon is brighter...

Cos it is closer than it has been since the 1990's

Click Here

or here if you like

although the "Super Moon" has come and gone... (you can catch it again in 2029)

Its still gonna be pretty bright for a little while as it makes its way further away in the cycle...

Star for observation!

Thank you kindly....good to know that I'm not imagining things. I'll check out your links.

thanks again.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
Obviously wasn't a good night fer poachin'..

At first I didn't understand your reply but, when it sunk in, I couldn't help but laugh out loud.

No poachin' here, I can assure you. My husband just loves to watch all the deer that come into our yard at night. It really is amazing when he shines the light out in our front yard and we see 10 to 20 dear staring back at us. They aren't even fazed by it anymore. They look up at the light, then drop their heads back down to finish eating.

Thanks for the laugh...I needed it today!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

YES! I noticed while I was out for a smoke last night that the light was shining on corners of my yard that I have never seen it in! I assumed I was just crazy and hadn't really noticed it before. I don't know if it has to do with where i am located but I noticed it too!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilmissnoseinabook

ou

YES! I noticed while I was out for a smoke last night that the light was shining on corners of my yard that I have never seen it in! I assumed I was just crazy and hadn't really noticed it before. I don't know if it has to do with where i am located but I noticed it too!

I'm glad to know there is another observant one in the mix....EvolEric solved the mystery of our observations.

The moon is actually closer to earth than it has been in many years.

Thanks for reply

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagesticEsoteric
Mods: I started this topic here because it's based only on my personal observations...nothing scientific here at all.

The last few monthts, I've noticed that the moon shines so brightly through my bedroom window, it illuminates my entire room so well.... I don't even need to click the lights on to see my way to the bathroom.

I've noticed this so many times but, didn't really think much about it until last night. My oldest son (9 yo) crawled in bed w/ me after having a bad dream. After getting settled and snug, he asked me "where is that bright light coming from?"

I opened the curtains and this kid was in AWE....he couldn't believe that much light was coming from the Moon!

He even asked me what was wrong with the moon???????

Has anyone else noticed this?

I noticed it myself and being 56 years old, I have never seen it so bright a couple weeks ago.
It looked to me like it was really getting hit by some kind of solar storm or something making it glow brighter.
At the time I was wondering what the other side of the earth must have been getting too.

But you are not alone, I noticed it thats for sure.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocketman7

Aha! another observant one. Thanks for adding to the thread. I'm not sure if you saw a couple of posts above but, apparently this is b/c the moon is closer to the earth than it has been in many years.

I knew it wasn't just me imagining things because I've been a sky watcher for as long as I can remember and I've never seen anything like what I did the other night. Absolutely beautiful!

new topics

top topics

join