It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia, by defending Iran and Syria from Israel/US are defending the world from fascism

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Oh boy.

Transcript :

Following are excerpts from an interview with Colonel-General [ret.] Leonid Ivashov, former member of the Russian Joint Chiefs of Staff, which aired on Russia Today TV on February 1, 2012:

Interviewer: Dr. Leonid, do you think that these preparations and very large maneuvers, which will soon be conducted by Russia, are meant as preparation for war, or rather, a military strike against Iran?

[…]

Leonid Ivashov: These maneuvers and training will demonstrate Russia’s readiness to use military power to defend its national interests and to bolster its political position. The maneuvers will show that Russia does not want any military operations to be waged against Iran or Syria. I assume that the people in the West and in Israel who design the schemes for a large geopolitical operation in the greater Middle East region draw a direct connection between the situation in Syria and in Iran. Indeed, these two countries are allies, and both are considered guaranteed partners of Russia. The only question, therefore, is who they will try to destroy first as a stable country: Syria or Iran.

[…]

A strike against Syria or Iran is an indirect strike against Russia and its interests. Russia would lose important positions and allies in the Arab world. Therefore, by defending Syria, Russia is defending its own interests.

In addition, Russia is thus defending the entire world from Fascism. Everybody should acknowledge that Fascism is making strides on our planet. What they did in Libya is nearly identical to what Hitler and his armies did against Poland and then Russia. Today, therefore, Russia is defending the entire world from Fascism.

When high level military start talking like that, it won't end well.
edit on 6-2-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
They are getting more open every day. Feels like its close.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by theubermensch

War's seem different these days.

Almost forced upon us.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by theubermensch

I LOVE your avatar, Peter lalor was a great man.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Russia standing up for their friends in the Middle East might just get the rest of the world to finally tell America to take a seat and stop policing the rest of the planet.

When one person stands up to a bully, more usually get the balls to do the same.

Tick tock, people...

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by theubermensch

What is close? Nuclear holocaust?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
He s using the EXACT same arguement the US is using.

We are here to protect our allies.

Man, I can just see the Isreali Newspapers now......

Russia has Nukes That Can Reach America.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
So people are being murdered in Syria, and Russia still refuses to let the world do something about. Typical...they never changed. The only way America/Israel will go to war with Iran is if they close the straits(Russia will not do anything against that), or if Israel preemptively strikes Iran(with a nation as small as theirs, I dont blame them), which neither Russia or America will get involved in.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Russia and China only voted against the resolution because they themselves are sketchy when it comes to human rights. To pass it would be to invite uprising in their own nations. The other part of this is understanding that for them the Cold War never ended, and that both have a vested interest in taking us down through financial means as opposed to physical ones.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreLiedTo

Russia standing up for their friends in the Middle East might just get the rest of the world to finally tell America to take a seat and stop policing the rest of the planet.

When one person stands up to a bully, more usually get the balls to do the same.

Tick tock, people...

Who is standing up for the Syrians that are getting killed everyday? Come to terms with the fact that the people of Syria want change. There is no "powers that be" or some sort of NWO at play here. It's a dictator who is killing his people. I for one hope the slaughter of civilians ends. Maybe we should turn over the "police" job to mother Russia, I'm sure that would end real well for the Syrians who just want to be free.
edit on 7-2-2012 by pastandpresent because: because I wanted to.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by isaac7777
So people are being murdered in Syria, and Russia still refuses to let the world do something about. Typical...they never changed. The only way America/Israel will go to war with Iran is if they close the straits(Russia will not do anything against that), or if Israel preemptively strikes Iran(with a nation as small as theirs, I dont blame them), which neither Russia or America will get involved in.

How about people being murdered with phospho gas in Palestine at the hands of Israel? What has the world done about those atrocities? Talk about something that NEVER changes is the Israeli double standard.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by pastandpresent

So when the economy crashes, and the people riot and the cops start shooting people because protesters come armed because they have had enough, you want Russian and Chinese troops to come into America and overthrow the government and put a nice Chinese puppet there?

Because that's what would happen in Syria and you know it.

I too would like Assad to have his head chopped off so no more people would die in Syria. But it's their revolution, their war, their business. Simple as that.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Tick tock, people...

The other way around really. Russia is isolating itself from the rest of the world.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

they are helping them make the anti christ. they are supposed to kill all jews and end the world, thier religion syays this .Iran will nuke us, we have to stop them. If we do not send in the army, they will kill our children in the streets.

they are evil at heart and thier intention is to kill us all. they are the enemy. russia is just trying to help them so the USA will die.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
To be honest, I see no difference between Russia's stance on this, and the dozen of dictators the US supported over the years...INCLUDING the Taliban and Saddam!

It's horrible and sad, and driven by money...and being able to have a military presence in Syria. I doubt they'll change their stance as Syria's crucial for Russia. It's their "foothold" in the Middle East and the Mediterranean.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Tick tock, people...

Except...Russia's "friend" is a horrible dictator who literally KILLS HIS OWN PEOPLE!! Like I said, the US did the same in the past, and that's wrong too...but there's no excuse for Russia's current actions from a human rights perspective.

The most ironic statement?

In addition, Russia is thus defending the entire world from Fascism. Everybody should acknowledge that Fascism is making strides on our planet. What they did in Libya is nearly identical to what Hitler and his armies did against Poland and then Russia. Today, therefore, Russia is defending the entire world from Fascism.

This is hilarious given that fascism is EXACTLY what both Iran and Syria are practising

edit on 7-2-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

edit on 9-2-2012 by ninjamikec because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ninjamikec
/quote

Except...Russia's "friend" is a horrible dictator who literally KILLS HIS OWN PEOPLE!! Like I said, the US did the same in the past, and that's wrong too...but there's no excuse for Russia's current actions from a human rights perspective.

The most ironic statement?/quote

yeah but we are america, we are allowed to kill our own people for democracy! lol

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Everyone who seems to think that Al-Assad is indiscriminantly killing people that don't agree with him are falling for the old wag the dog scenario. The reality on the ground there is much different as summed up by this article from GlobalResearch.ca

globalresearch.ca...

Even if he is killing his own people, that is no reason for NATO to begin bombing the country to save the people (figure that one out). It's Syria's problem, let them deal with it. Nobody seems to realize that if NATO goes into Syria, then Iran is obligated by treaty to come to their defense. Which is more than likely the exact pretext the US is waiting for so they can say "Look, Iran made the first move!".
edit on 9-2-2012 by BlesUTP because: spelling

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
we're going to wipe Iran off the map!

big talker is shaking in his sandals right now you know it...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join