It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Things to do before The Economy Collapses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I think the guy is awesome.

Great stuff to begin... and the guy is talking from experience, he lived the Argentinian collapse.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Reply to post by Vitchilo

There aint many argentinian preppers about so i can only assume (i cant view video on ats mobile) you're talking about FerFAL (aka Fernando Aguirre.) Him and i go way back several years and he knows his stuff. Time well spent, though he underestimates how violent a US collapse would be, imo.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by netwarrior

I read his blog a few years ago when he described the argentinian collapse, but I need to watch all his videos...

He looks like he knows his stuff.

And yeah, a collapse in the US will get very violent.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
11.) Enjoy life.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Huge problems with this.

1) Buy a handgun

A handgun will get you laughed at before you are shot, at 100 yards a pistol is a liability.

2) start carrying....

And carry it where? Is this the road warrior now? Do you think you are going to roam the countryside and hope you don't get killed? Don't do this it will get you killed

3)Stock up on food and water

Good advise but if you are doing this now it is already too late.

4)Get in shape and start working out 3 times a week

Three times a week????? stupid, get to running 5 miles 6 days a week. When you are moving you have to move and it will not matter how much you can bench press.

6)Have a chash stash put savings into gold or silver

Why? So you can look like an idiot? Cash will be worthless to survival, not really even worth burning. Gold and silver are heavy. When you invest in gold and silver most of the time you are given paper which is good for nothing. Say you do have actual gold and silver, they will be worthless too. When you actually think about it, logically gold and silver have little value to the common person.

7) Review expenses and monthly budget

If you need to do this chances are you are part of the problem why the economy is in the shape it is in.

8)...

YEAH!!! SCREW 8!!!

9) Reinforce relationships

Eh if you have me why not

10) Improve your home and security

Never hurts

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by NthOther

Yeah I did not see this idea in the top 10....err 9? things.
To me this is first priority kind of material.
I eats full on pizza even thought it is bad for me, I eats it cuz I likes it.
I do not eat liver as it is YUCKY.

Bottom line, if I do not enjoy it I do not do it.
That goes for everything, life included!
...I still dunno what he is trying to convey with #8.
I will say I did not watch the whole vid, as he seemed to drone on and on and I realized I was falling asleep.
The guy may have some good base ideas but presentation needs some polishing.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I think his blog was excellent. This material may seem extremely basic, but probably belongs up at the top of the thread where neophytes can find it.

Number 8 is classified. But I can give you a hint: you'll need a partner.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshF

having read about the argentine collapse, alot of his points make sense and i don't think you know what your talking about. Argentina collapse was a slow economic collapse leading to more crime and huge inflation, food becoming rediculously expensive and bank accounts being frozen. So when your bank account is frozen having money on hand makes sense.. Its not a glorious zombie apocalpyse lets kill everyone i see because the world is over situation.

Are you ganna carry your rifle with you on a day to day basis walking to work? the grocery store? picking your kids up from school? is it legal to do that where your at? your not getting robbed at 100 yrds. your getting robbed at 3 yrds. and a hand gun is very helpful for that. If you had listened to the video or researched the argentina collapse, thats the situation. Your not getting sniped at 200 yrds out by concealed snipers, your walking between lunch and the gym.

Its too late to stock up food? i could go to the store and grab rice and beans with some spices and be better off than having never stocked. If it was too late to start preping then why are we even on this forum learning how to prep?

Gold is worth ALOT when inflation hits at 30-60% in a year..

for number 7 spending actually helps the economy.. very basic concept. its when inflation hits and you have to reevaluate whats actually important is what he's talking about.
Economic collapses leads to people stop spending leads to economy being worse. etc etc
edit on 7-2-2012 by Nephlim because:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshF

Theres no need to make it personal bud we're all here to learn. Thats why i'm here at least.

When you talk about making shots at a 100yrds i assume you mean a rifle.

When u say
"Why? So you can look like an idiot? Cash will be worthless to survival, not really even worth burning. Gold and silver are heavy."
thats when u implied having any cash on hand is worthless which i disagree with.

I meant personally having gold safely stashed not paper gold.

Please don't attack my character, Saying i don't know how to read, that english is my 5th language and implying i'm on medication is an obvious ad hominem that adds nothing to the argument and brings this whole board's education level down. This isn't the politics board, we're here to learn from each other not bash.

please lets keep this professional.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephlim

Theres no need to make it personal bud we're all here to learn. Thats why i'm here at least.

Could have fooled me

alot of his points make sense and i don't think you know what your talking about.

Remember that one???

When u say
"Why? So you can look like an idiot? Cash will be worthless to survival, not really even worth burning. Gold and silver are heavy."
thats when u implied having any cash on hand is worthless which i disagree with.

When the economy collapses the cash is worthless and that is kind of part of the problem. So having cash stashed on hand is a waste of time.

Please don't attack my character, Saying i don't know how to read, that english is my 5th language and implying i'm on medication is an obvious ad hominem that adds nothing to the argument and brings this whole board's education level down. This isn't the politics board, we're here to learn from each other not bash.

blah blah blah its okay for you to do it and not me, got it. put me on ignore if you don't like what i say

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshF

When the economy collapses the cash is worthless and that is kind of part of the problem. So having cash stashed on hand is a waste of time.

In a number of economic collapses, deflation is the problem, not hyper-inflation.

In the U.S. Great Depression 1929-1934, prices collapsed. Those who held actual currency (instead of lines of credit) reaped a huge financial reward.

In many grocery stores in the depression, there were two prices, the higher price for folks buying on credit, and the lower price (a half of a third) for anyone who possessed actual US currency.

In a number of post-invasion situations in the 20th century, fiat currency was still honored by the populace after the government had collapsed. The postwar "Greater German Reich" from France to the border of the Soviet Zone, continued to use reichsmarks until the summer of 1946. And in Iraq, the pre-2003 "Old Dinar" was still used for transactions in Iraq as late as 2006.

new topics

top topics

join