It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: UPDATE: Gunmen Kidnap 2 Americans and 1 Britons in Baghdad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Contrary to initial reports, it is now believed that 2 Americans and 1 Briton were kidnapped from thier house in Baghdad according to the Iraqi Interior Ministry. Located in the al-Mansour district, the men were kidnaped in the early morning. The British embassy has yet to confirm the kidnapping according to an a British diplomat that asked not to be identified. Iraqi police have also confimned that a car is mission from the house. The neighborhood is in a wealthy area and is populated by foreign companies and thier workers. The three were working for Gulf Services Company, a Middle East construction company.

story.news.yahoo.com
BAGHDAD, Iraq - Gunmen kidnapped three British nationals in the Iraqi capital Thursday, the Interior Ministry said.

The three were seized from their house in Baghdad's al-Mansour neighborhood at dawn, said ministry spokesman Col. Adnan Abdel-Rahman.

He could not give their identities or say who they worked for.

A British diplomat in Baghdad speaking on condition of anonymity was unable to confirm the report but said embassy officials were investigating.

A police official who also asked that his name not be used said a car was missing from the house were the Britons were allegedly taken.

Insurgents waging a 17-month insurgency in Iraq (news - web sites) have kidnapped more than 100 foreigners in a bid to destabilize the interim authorities and drive coalition forces from the country. Many have been executed.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is a breaking story and details are very scant at the moment. However, this is just the latest in a long series of abductions that have reached 100 in recent days. Many of the kidnapped victems have been released and many more are still being held. Sadly many have been executed often by being beheaded. The Phillipines recently capitulated to the terrorist demands and thier captives were set free. Currently there are four westerners being held captive. Two women from Italy were abducted on September 7 and two French reporters last month. No doubt if the three were indeed abducted demands will be forthcoming.

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
WAR: Video Shows Beheading of American Civilian Nick Berg by Al Qaeda Group
WAR: Philippines To Withdraw Troops From Iraq

[edit on 16-9-2004 by FredT]

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Fox is now reporting that it was 2 Americans and 1 Briton instead of three Britons as it was originally reported.

[edit on 16-9-2004 by AceOfBase]

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 03:31 AM
link   
What a shame. This is only getting worse. I think that the outlook is very bleak for the u.s. and our allies in Iraq. The "insurgence" is more organized every day. "Early Today" on NBC just reported that it was 2 Americans and 1 Brit. 4:30 am EST.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   
A Briton and two Americans who where taken hostage by a group of Iraqi militants following Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, orders have given US authorities 48 hours to release all female Iraqi prisoners or it will kill the hostages.

BBC NEWS

The group said to be holding the hostages, Tawheed Wal-Jihad (Unification and Holy War), wants Iraqi women in prisons at Abu Ghraib, near Baghdad, and Umm Qasr, in the south of the country, to be released.

The US government has said it holds only two women in Iraq - high-level detainees who are understood to have been part of Saddam Hussein's regime.

One of them is Rihab Rashid Taha - the woman dubbed Dr Germ for her role in developing Iraqi biological weapons, says the BBC's Caroline Hawley in Baghdad.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Latest update on the hostage crisis you think they will hand over the two female detainee's that the Americans have my worst fear is that they have 3 hostages and can draw out this for a long time killing at least two of them before anything could be done.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Iraq is a lost cause. We should either: Clense the whole country and keep the oil for ourselves or just get the hell out.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
UPDATE:::

Word in that one of the 2 Americans have been killed,

reports are said to be on an islamic website

ATSNN

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 20-9-2004 by asala]

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I think it's about time that American and Brit workers start carrying guns. I just couldn't let someone kidnap me knowing that I won't make it out alive. I rather go down shooting.

new topics

top topics

join