It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Attack on Russian embassy in Tripoli violates Vienna convention'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

'Attack on Russian embassy in Tripoli violates Vienna convention'

rt.com

An attack on the Russian Embassy in the Libyan capital is a violation of Vienna convention, said Russia’s Foreign Ministry. The assault followed Russia's veto on a UN Security Council resolution on Syria.

“Moscow is deeply concerned with the unsanctioned protests in Tripoli that led to the violation of the Russian Ambassador’s immunity,” said the ministry’s human right spokesman Konstantin Dolgov. “This is a major violation of the Vienna convention on diplomatic relations, and stems from an incorrect interpretation of Russia’s stance on Syria expressed in the UN Security Coun
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.google.com[/ url]
[url=http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArticle09.asp?xfile=data/middleeast/2012/February/middleeast_February151.xml§ion=middleeast]www.khaleejt imes.com

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Well well Well The attack on any embassy can lead to a war correct? if so the attack happened & took place right after the supposed Syrian opposition urged Russian embassy protest.

That only is an act of war and all this right after Libya? hmm i just cant stop blaming fingering point all this at Sen John McCain who is and might be responsible for the uprisings In Syria.

Do not forget ATS John McCain on his twitter gave the code for the Russian Spring in Russia.

Heres a quote.

(A Russian Spring is coming, according to long-time U.S. Senator John McCain.

On Dec. 5, McCain, who has over 1.7 million Twitter followers, tweeted: "Dear Vlad, The #ArabSpring is coming to a neighborhood near you," citing the following Wall Street Journal article.

Hours ago, he tweeted: "The Post agrees: 'Spring in the Russian air,'" citing the following Washington Post article.)

If true why not just arrest Sen John McCain? his rants are making it too obvious.

Arresting him charges based on Conspiracy & Treason.

So ATS what you make of it?

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Wow, this is getting pretty heated. I stumbled across this as well while looking up russian embassy news. Chinese Embassy damaged by Syrian protesters in Lybia.

I don't know how this is all going to play out, but I think we are all in for one hell of a ride.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
The heat is definitely getting turned up, but it is a mistake to attack Russian and Chinese embassies, it wont deter them, just get them angry and more annoyed, and much more likely to take Syria's side in all this. neither Russia nor China fear the west or Nato, they have lived in opposition to them for too long.

Whoever backed this move made a big mistake

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Here in Australia, the Syrian Embassy was also attacked and ransacked just a few days ago. Someone wants a war and it is quite clear in the media who is pushing for it.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I find all these embassy attacks to be pretty fishy. Like the seven attacks on the Syrian embassies the other day.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Yup that is the calling card of the jackals, anyone versed with em knows their calling card, so is everyone geared for an urban attack, ahh.. now i see why all the internal military and dhs exercises were being held, its not the citizens they are worried about....but perhaps a full blown escalation * invasion.

Question: How can one stop a five million armed army on multiple entry points.

ʇ,uɐɔ noʎ : ɹǝʍsuɐ
edit on 6-2-2012 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by cerebralassassins
Yup that is the calling card of the jackals, anyone versed with em knows their calling card, so is everyone geared for an urban attack, ahh.. now i see why all the internal military and dhs exercises were being held, its not the citizens they are worried about....but perhaps a full blown escalation * invasion.

with 80 million armed Americans..........

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Yeah, that would be hard to overcome. Americans are not a fractured people; even though many races and religions are common here we would all forget our petty differences long enough to handle any outside threat. From the lowest criminal to the most backwoods redneck we would universally defend ourselves and our families with pride and honor.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Treason in this country can only be applied to US citizens whose actions are directly contrary and harmful to the US government (the act must be against the US, not a foreign country).

Secondly if we use the train of thought you put out there, then the US and UK have every right to attack and invade Iran, since both embassies got the same treatment from Iranians that the Russian embassy in Libya did.

It would also allow Israel to attack Egypt since the Israeli embassy was attacked / ransacked by Egyptians.

Coming back off your question I don't think a violation of Diplomatic protocol qualifies under any conventions as an act of war. I could be wrong so if someone knows for sure please correct me.

As far as twitter goes again the same argument can be applied against Iran for Ahmadenijad and the Ayatollahs latests statements.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The two above replies remind of books that quoted similar replies from world leaders in the 20's regarding Germany and an upcoming politician who the world later recognized as Adolf.

On a side note, my 5ml was not referring to a combined and final unit, i was referring to a hypothetical initial phase. As we all know with such a scenario land is allowed to be taken as to regroup and gather intelligence for a counter attack. Its what happens to the citizens of that occupied area that i was thinking and not as a collective state of union. Keep in mind, my hypothetical scenario is very much real and is constantly updated.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by algaedyne

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Yeah, that would be hard to overcome. Americans are not a fractured people; even though many races and religions are common here we would all forget our petty differences long enough to handle any outside threat. From the lowest criminal to the most backwoods redneck we would universally defend ourselves and our families with pride and honor.

And yes I would gladly pick-off a few of then for you also from north of the border.

Yes hunting mentality one bullit one down no wast.

top topics

join