It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very strange hissing noises last night 2/5/12 at 03:33CST

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
As usual I've been having trouble with getting to sleep and staying asleep but last night was on a whole 'nother story. I was just killing time until I started to get at least somewhat tired, actually trying to get to sleep at around 02:00 CST I tossed and turned for a little over an hour.

I then started to fall asleep, as soon as I was mostly asleep I heard an extremely loud and unsettling hiss that jolted me awake. The sound originated right off my left shoulder (sleeping on my back on the left side of my bed) I looked at the clock and it was 03:33. I was in my room completely alone, I checked the room and the patio adjacent from my room and found nothing. The T.V. was off, my laptop was off.

So I shrugged it off as possibly me just imagining so I tried going back to sleep but the sound woke me at least 3 or 4 more times over the night, but none were as loud or abrupt as that first loud hiss.

Really the only reason I am posting this is to see if anyone else out there had any similar experiences last night or recently.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Do you have a cat?

What you describe sounds a lot like the vibration/ringing sounds people hear just before they enter trance to accomplishing Astral Projection/OBE/Lucid Dreams/sleep paralysis.
edit on 6-2-2012 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I have had something similar to that happen to me. I don't sleep on the side of the bed with the clock so I cannot say what time it was, but at least once or twice a month I am woken up by someone either yelling in my ear or just yelling right by my side of the bed. It's so loud and it just jolts me right up, almost out of my skin!
It's such an unnerving feeling. I wish I knew what it was also.

I have thought maybe a demon or spirit of some sort. Maybe even just that moment when you are going from a dream to awake too fast.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
Do you have a cat?

What you describe sounds a lot like the vibration/ringing sounds people hear just before they enter trance to accomplishing Astral Projection/OBE/Lucid Dreams/sleep paralysis.
edit on 6-2-2012 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

Nope not a single cat on the the 15 acres that I live on, snakes are another story as our pond likes to attract cottonmouths. I really have no idea how else to describe it but very unsettling at first and then very annoying as it kept happening and woke me every time. I have been known to sleep walk/talk but I really don't think that was the case this time. I've never really had any experience with OBEs or AP. I have experienced some lucid dreamingand sleep paralysis but it has been quite a while since I can actually remember experiencing either of the two.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Well it's 01:20 and still haven't became tired (but I am exhausted) despite not sleeping for 'ish because of the noises last night. Will report in if I hear the hisses again tonight. If I do I will be very tempted to setup my SX230HS digicam to record from 03:00 to 06:00 with a simple 640x420 video to try and catch the noise if I hear it again. That way some of you savvy types might be able to help me figure out what insists on bothering a (practical) insomniac as soon as he starts getting to sleep.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
it's odd that you mention 3:33AM. This is one of the things that freaks me out. Once in awhile I will wake up all of a sudden and look at the clock and it will be 3:33 AM. For some reason I get a feeling of dread and I will not go back to sleep until 4:00.

Very odd indeed. I'm not sure about the hissing sound I never encountered any noises when this happens. However one or two times I have felt a heavy pressure on my chest when I woke up to 3:33.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeTan
it's odd that you mention 3:33AM. This is one of the things that freaks me out. Once in awhile I will wake up all of a sudden and look at the clock and it will be 3:33 AM. For some reason I get a feeling of dread and I will not go back to sleep until 4:00.

Very odd indeed. I'm not sure about the hissing sound I never encountered any noises when this happens. However one or two times I have felt a heavy pressure on my chest when I woke up to 3:33.

You know I actually had mixed feelings about posting the exact time when I got startled from being mostly asleep and looked at the clock on my cable box which uses the correct time synced from the cable company for the simple reason that I did not one the thread to get a religious skew to it.

I however felt it important that if I was going to take the time to post this to share the experience and see if anyone had anything similar going I that I should post the exact time regardless. Personally I am on the fence about whether the time was a factor or merely an odd coincidental happening.

I appreciate the input from everyone so far, especially the similar experiences of other members. Most of all thank you for keeping it civil.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Didn't get to sleep any last night (not due to any noises) and just had a few small "naps" during the day to get me through in hopes of being able to get to sleep tonight. As usual my body and mind had different ideas.

That being said tonight I've had a strange semi uneasy feeling and keep feeling like my whole body feels like it's "humming" or "vibrating" feels kind of like a small earthquake only I'm sure it's my body. I can probably chock that up to me being so exhausted and just feeling slightly off.

Well anyway I've got to get off of here and force myself to sleep.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
i would look into practical, world things as the cause of the 'hissss'

for instance, i once had a problem that sounded like a faint 'hiissss' but i traced the odd noise to the toilet...
the bowl refilling makes a hiss when very little water is going through the valve

solution, buy & install a new flapper, so the watertank would not seep out and the water level need to be increased which caused the ramdom hissing sounds

racoons or possoms around, in or under the house might be another source

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigDave-AR
As usual I've been having trouble with getting to sleep and staying asleep but last night was on a whole 'nother story. I was just killing time until I started to get at least somewhat tired, actually trying to get to sleep at around 02:00 CST I tossed and turned for a little over an hour.

I then started to fall asleep, as soon as I was mostly asleep I heard an extremely loud and unsettling hiss that jolted me awake. The sound originated right off my left shoulder (sleeping on my back on the left side of my bed) I looked at the clock and it was 03:33. I was in my room completely alone, I checked the room and the patio adjacent from my room and found nothing. The T.V. was off, my laptop was off.

So I shrugged it off as possibly me just imagining so I tried going back to sleep but the sound woke me at least 3 or 4 more times over the night, but none were as loud or abrupt as that first loud hiss.

Really the only reason I am posting this is to see if anyone else out there had any similar experiences last night or recently.
Wierd at that exact time me and my gf were sat watching a movie in the bedroom and we heared a hiss from the window, it was quite loud aswell it made us both jump so i looked out expecting the predator or something lol

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
i would look into practical, world things as the cause of the 'hissss'

for instance, i once had a problem that sounded like a faint 'hiissss' but i traced the odd noise to the toilet...
the bowl refilling makes a hiss when very little water is going through the valve

solution, buy & install a new flapper, so the watertank would not seep out and the water level need to be increased which caused the ramdom hissing sounds

racoons or possoms around, in or under the house might be another source

I actually thought it might have been my gigantic 12cubic foot of displacement home theater sub that I have behind my bad picking up so noise. I have a fairly long coax input to the receiver but I have the plate amplifier set on signal detection for the power. So seeing as my TV and receiver were off there should have been no signal to fire up the amp. I guess unless there was a massive amount of interference that the amp. "thought" was a start up signal.

That's the only thing I have been able to find might have caused the offending noises.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Interesting...

I had a strange similar event happen not too long ago. I immediately told a fellow staffer because it freaked me out...and I didnt know what to make of it..though I have some ideas....

I was laying in bed asleep and was jolted awake because I felt something very near to me...as if someone was laying next to me...I not only felt it but heard breathing and a hissing sound too. And it was in my ear...as if someone was leaning over me and breathing and hissing in my ear. It was so loud and I swear seemed audible. I could feel someone there.....

I was laying on my right side and this happened coming from behind me....

I jolted up and my heart was pounding like never before. I was scared like ive never been before. I was frozen in fear....

But there was nothing/nobody there.

Eventually, I feel back asleep.

I still get chills recalling it....

edit on February 8th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
As a long delayed follow up to this flimsy thread of mine an a hectic medical appointments for some pending health problems taking up much of my time along with trying to recover from thyroid cancer (and removal) to trying to adjust to the synthroid to replace the thyroid hormones that my body can no longer produce. It's been killing my time to report on my nightly oddities of insomnia and thinking I hear/see/feel different things when I'm completely exhausted in all ways, including emotionally stressed and exhausted.

Weird stuff to explain indeed....

Things have been happening nightly and I am getting more and more serious about capturing and documenting or Debunking it for future reference. Now that I have a brief break in medical engagements of some sort or another that have kept me continually busy with free time being used to recover as much as possible within reason from the stress of being "over-doctored".

I will start to post events as I have a chance to remember them and then convert them into something that could be posted in a logical manner in this thread. If any thing new/big comes up I will make a new thread for it and cross-link them to get all of your opinions.

Until then good day/night and thanks for your time,
David.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleVoice731

Weird, I experienced that. And it does make you jolt and say wtf was that.
I don't know what is, but it is creepy.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
If someone would like to discuss this phenomenon I have a very similar experience that continually occurs all day and night. It began in 2011 with a portal/window that opened on my bed. This creature spat venom onto my right wrist which immediately absorbed into my skin. That night the room temperature droped significantly and the hiss was extremely. Over the years I've grown used to hearing this reoccurring his that is always near me almost everywhere I go not just where I sleep.
This is only a part of these otherworldly occurrences that have been happening for years. I'd like to have a conversation with someone or groups of persons that have a thorough understanding and answers, or at least hypothetical explanations.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I have something to share. Someone??
a reply to: BigDave-AR

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

Hi there last month in the space of 2 weeks. This all happened in my bedroom, not sure of the time. Firstly I was patted on the head softly twice within about 20 seconds, the second time I was lay on my right side and had a hiss noise in my left ear. Then a few days later to that. I was lay in bed watching a film and I could feel pressure on my bed like someone was sitting down, it moved a couple of times as I could feel the pressure. It really frightened me. I took a photo graph and you can see the pressure. The next night I lay exacly where I was, just to check. maybe it was the quilt pressing down on me but nope. Its not happened since but scared the hell out of me that I sleep with the hall light on now and I'm 34

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I have been hearing from the past 4 months when ever I left the windows open like a bird, i really want to believe it was a bird,would stand on the window (my windows I roll out)and whistle a shhhh sound. I read this thread and a lot of things resemble what has been happening to me. My bed shakes and one night someone/something was in my room pulled my pillow then grabbed me on my right shoulder. All around 3a and 4a. I thought I was crazy but now my room usually is cold and I can see a figure on the northwest corner it's not there all the time but it might be my imagination . I sleep with the light on now and the fan so I won't be woken up but this week it changed now the shhh come to me in my bed or light keeps it away. Can someone tell what is this? I really want to know.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR
Didn't get to sleep any last night (not due to any noises) and just had a few small "naps" during the day to get me through in hopes of being able to get to sleep tonight. As usual my body and mind had different ideas.

That being said tonight I've had a strange semi uneasy feeling and keep feeling like my whole body feels like it's "humming" or "vibrating" feels kind of like a small earthquake only I'm sure it's my body. I can probably chock that up to me being so exhausted and just feeling slightly off.

Well anyway I've got to get off of here and force myself to sleep.

One night I fell asleep with the cd player on because John Macks Abduction book on aliens was freaking me out before I was more at ease w the subject. I awoke at 3:33am because the cd was skipping and then the whole system turned itself off after glitching weirdly with flashing alternating digits. Never did that again.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   
BRO OH MY GOD. PLEASE TELL ME THEre's A LOGICAL REASON FOR THIS, ur post almost made me # bricks. I hear the same damn thing, usually to my right, a sizzling/hissing sound followed by a snoring. Sounds like a old man snoring kinda. In the same sequence , sizzle hiss then snore. It creeps tf outta me, I just put music on and try to sleep but that keeps me awake kinda, but it's worth it for not hearing that noise. I swear this isn't some mind trick, it's so friggen audible to I would of sworn somethings in my room. God I hope this isn't a supernatural thing. a reply to: greeneyedleo

new topics

top topics

join