It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Consciousness As One?

page: 1
8
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
A philosophical question; one that may have been asked already. Let's say that consciousness is a state of some primordial 'entity', of which for [no/all] time lacked a medium to translate experience. So by sheer will this reality was born. Time by measure, dimensionality, came to be.

Perhaps the billions of ego-selves all diverged from a singularity looking for a path to Godship. A path that may require countless [infinite?] humans [& aliens] experiencing until their return. After death returning to the singularity or being reincarnated to experience once again.

There are many more theories, but my question would be. If this is the case and our subjective lives are part of a grand collective; what do you think it would be like to return to the singularity? Do ALL the life experiences merge to become ultimate knowledge? Good and bad? Those that have hated, those that have loved. Those that lived by peace, those that lived to kill. Those with no empathy & driven purely by the ego. And those which cared enough for their fellow human beings to improve this world. Imagine billions of "souls" combining? I suppose it was our default state of existence, as one; yet it must be even so unimaginably different due to the divergence. Is it even fathomable?

How does the multiverse/quantum consciousness play in?




posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
My take is our consciousness will develop to an extant which will enable us to understand instantly how one feels. All humanity linked together so when one feels somehow, the others will know it and learn how to deal in order to help this individual.

This is what I think consciousness as one might become in a not so distant future.





Thruthseek3r



posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Personally, when I travel beyond physical perceptions, emotions, thoughts, and ego.... I find an infinite, expansive void. A tranquil peace. Formless and timeless. Although its my subjective experience, perhaps this is what it is like when the many become one.



posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by thruthseek3r
My take is our consciousness will develop to an extant which will enable us to understand instantly how one feels. All humanity linked together so when one feels somehow, the others will know it and learn how to deal in order to help this individual.

This is what I think consciousness as one might become in a not so distant future.


Thruthseek3r


I've read that this was the actual state of humanity in the beginning. We communicated through a form of telepathy though I think it was deeper than that. I also find it interesting that "in the beginning, The Word was God, The Word was with God..." God also "spoke" and saying "let there me light" in Genesis.

So I can clearly see how your post and OP's post tie together. In an attempt to understand and experience we had to move away from God only to find our way back to God. If you'd like, you can also draw from The Garden experiment in the Bible. Why would mankind be tempted just to be thrown out, only to seek paths back?

I've also experienced the black void, too. However, I believe that is all we are able to understand in this lifetime, regardless of perception and planes/dimension. There's more. The fact that we travel these routes is proof alone to me.


edit on 6-2-2012 by cry93 because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Unity in diversity and variety! Let the unique spiritual experience of each person be considered special, and celebrated as such, while at the same time, may our empathy for one another grow, and may we celebrate in mutuality, the fact that we are all part of one human family who all share the same ground of being and becoming. This oneness stuff OTOH goes too far. It's two or more, for their to be love between a beloved and beloved other don't you see, and in this way, everything was made by the father/mother for the son/daughter, that we might have something to share and enjoy with one another in mutual participatory co-creation, and that's a wonder, but all as one just drains the unique individuality from the family framework, and that just wouldn't be much fun or very interesting. Oh they may have "hive-minds" on other words, but that's not the way the human being was made as a social being who also stands alone as a unique individual first and foremost. Here, individuality is more important than collectivism..



posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
On a second thought, I think that from very far away, we already act like an unit. I guess we look like bacteria and surely there are forces beyond our individuality that make sure that certain goals are met. The existence of ego might be more beneficial in the long run and that is why it's preserved.
edit on 6-2-2012 by Isayeva because: changed my mind



posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Very interesting replies, I'm liking the input. I also do believe the empathy is rising & maybe at one point we'll be able to almost telepathically understand/communicate. However, there is also a rise in apathy/psychopathy. Maybe it just appears that way because those are the people in power influencing everyone else?



posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan
 


I was in full agreement with you until you said;


This oneness stuff OTOH goes too far.


Haha!
Initially, I thought your post was right down my alley, only to find sarcasm slapping me in the face



posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raelsatu

Imagine billions of "souls" combining? I suppose it was our default state of existence, as one; yet it must be even so unimaginably different due to the divergence. Is it even fathomable?



Fathom this, instead of there being billions of Souls connected 2 the Single Collective Consciousness of God/Source, think more along the lines of a Googolplex of Souls connected 2 that Consciousness, sharing IT as ONE.


Also, think about U'r Soul being Connected 2 U, via Time (aka: Thought of the Collective Consciousness), instead of U'r Soul actually residing within U.
Time connects A11 as ONE.


WE is the Borg! U will be assimilated! Resistance IS futile!


Ribbit



edit on 6-2-2012 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu
 


Dear Raelsatu,



There are many more theories, but my question would be. If this is the case and our subjective lives are part of a grand collective; what do you think it would be like to return to the singularity? Do ALL the life experiences merge to become ultimate knowledge? Good and bad?


Many years ago I watched an interview with the author of "The Exorcist" about a new book he had written. He hypothesized that God existed alone and had caused himself to become schizophrenic, that he had created multiple personalities of himself. This had to have been over 30 years ago. I found it an interesting hypothesis.

I would view it slightly differently. Lets say that all sentience came from a single greater sentience (in line with what you are asking and saying). The totality, or if you prefer, the universe began as one. What if then the big bang was both an explosion of physical reality and sentience, what if they occurred together. In the same way that the physical universe has elemental aspects and other aspects which evolve to create new variations, you would have a universe and sentient universe that had no end; but, instead only continually sought eternal evolution.

The elemental aspects, that self-awareness that is what we all begin with, is emotion. It starts as pain and pleasure and evolves into more complex emotions. As we grow we then learn a language (a symbolic way of organizing emotions through what we call thoughts). Through our understanding we define ourselves, what we find acceptable, our wants, what we do not like, we categorize both our experiences and ourselves. We evolve into ourselves if you will.

Now, why go to all that trouble if we are going to just return to the beginning? Science used to argue over whether or not we were in an ever expanding universe or if one day the universe would collapse back into itself. It is now generally accepted that it will never collapse back to the starting point as it has expanded so much that there is insufficient gravity to cause such a collapse, the closest we see are black holes; however they are limited in scope compared to the rest of the universe and their pull is also limited. Rather than seeing a return to the beginning, why not view it as an eternal evolution where we learn how to share experience; but, never become a singularity again. My thoughts and Peace.



posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
Unity in diversity and variety! Let the unique spiritual experience of each person be considered special, and celebrated as such, while at the same time, may our empathy for one another grow, and may we celebrate in mutuality, the fact that we are all part of one human family who all share the same ground of being and becoming. This oneness stuff OTOH goes too far. It's two or more, for their to be love between a beloved and beloved other don't you see, and in this way, everything was made by the father/mother for the son/daughter, that we might have something to share and enjoy with one another in mutual participatory co-creation, and that's a wonder, but all as one just drains the unique individuality from the family framework, and that just wouldn't be much fun or very interesting. Oh they may have "hive-minds" on other words, but that's not the way the human being was made as a social being who also stands alone as a unique individual first and foremost. Here, individuality is more important than collectivism..



Oneness is about Soul-form, kNot human-form.


Human-form is all about Diversity, even the Little Piggy Toe Story teaches that lesson, along with the FACT that no 2 galaxies are alike, or no 2 snowflakes are alike, etc . . .


Ribbit



posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion
 


Intriguing perspective... When you mention God making himself "schizophrenic", I immediately thought of people with MPD. Trauma causing the mind to split into multiple personalities. There is a great thread by PurpleSun on split personalities, a 'Quantum Psychiatry' approach; you should go check it out. As for the singularity essentially forcing God to split, was it done out of loneliness? I agree we may remain in this state, yet grow in a new way.



posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu
 


Dear Raelsatu,



As for the singularity essentially forcing God to split, was it done out of loneliness? I agree we may remain in this state, yet grow in a new way.


If I may, I would like to address your question with a story and then my proposed answer. When I was very young my mother and I were talking one day (she was a Catholic) and she said that the thought of eternity always made her scared, she could not imagine how one could handle eternity without reaching a state of boredom. The question is how would one organize experience so that eternity would never be boring. This question always was in the back of my mind including the decade that I spent as an agnostic. Now I will attempt to give the best answer I was able to come up with.

If we all began as a single sentience then to break into individual sentient beings would be for the benefit of all as it would prevent an eternity of boredom, yet, all the individual sentient beings would be better off than one big lump of singularity living an eternity of tedium and boredom. The goal would be to allow multiple aspects of ourselves to be independent beings on their own journey, share their experience with beings that fit together which would then share their experience with sentient beings that they feel comfortable. In order to do that well, each being would have to have self-determination and free will. This is my explanation of my understanding of God and individuality. Many of the mystery school religions believe similarly; but, they would say that either we return to the one and cease being ourselves as individuals or we become independent "gods". I hope that was responsive to your question. Peace.



posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by Raelsatu
 


Dear Raelsatu,



As for the singularity essentially forcing God to split, was it done out of loneliness? I agree we may remain in this state, yet grow in a new way.


If I may, I would like to address your question with a story and then my proposed answer. When I was very young my mother and I were talking one day (she was a Catholic) and she said that the thought of eternity always made her scared, she could not imagine how one could handle eternity without reaching a state of boredom. The question is how would one organize experience so that eternity would never be boring. This question always was in the back of my mind including the decade that I spent as an agnostic. Now I will attempt to give the best answer I was able to come up with.

If we all began as a single sentience then to break into individual sentient beings would be for the benefit of all as it would prevent an eternity of boredom, yet, all the individual sentient beings would be better off than one big lump of singularity living an eternity of tedium and boredom. The goal would be to allow multiple aspects of ourselves to be independent beings on their own journey, share their experience with beings that fit together which would then share their experience with sentient beings that they feel comfortable. In order to do that well, each being would have to have self-determination and free will. This is my explanation of my understanding of God and individuality. Many of the mystery school religions believe similarly; but, they would say that either we return to the one and cease being ourselves as individuals or we become independent "gods". I hope that was responsive to your question. Peace.


What if God split sew She could have Children and by splitting, IT gave the Children a Playground, a Sandbox, 2 play in?


IF U could play in God's mYnd 4 an eternity and never get a single boo-boo, wood U?


Ribbit



posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad
 


Dear ButtUglyToad,



IF U could play in God's mYnd 4 an eternity and never get a single boo-boo, wood U?


Lets see, let the other guy do all the heavy lifting? Nah, that is just lazy and selfish and condemns one to never grow.



posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by ButtUglyToad
 


Dear ButtUglyToad,



IF U could play in God's mYnd 4 an eternity and never get a single boo-boo, wood U?



Lets see, let the other guy do all the heavy lifting? Nah, that is just lazy and selfish and condemns one to never grow.



U clearly 4got what IT was like 2 be a child.


As a Child, 2 play IS 2 learn, IS 2 grow, IS 2 evolve.


U R dew'n IT now!


Ribbit



posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad
 


Dear ButtUglyToad,



U clearly 4got what IT was like 2 be a child. As a Child, 2 play IS 2 learn, IS 2 grow, IS 2 evolve. U R dew'n IT now!


I remember what it was like to be a child; but, I don't want to be Peter Pan forever. I think we can do better, growth should occur in spurts; but, it should not be held back. I am quite fine with a natural progression.



posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad
 





IF U could play in God's mYnd 4 an eternity and never get a single boo-boo, wood U?


Yes, Yes, Yes! Don't eYe already?



posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by ButtUglyToad
 


Dear ButtUglyToad,



U clearly 4got what IT was like 2 be a child. As a Child, 2 play IS 2 learn, IS 2 grow, IS 2 evolve. U R dew'n IT now!


I remember what it was like to be a child; but, I don't want to be Peter Pan forever. I think we can do better, growth should occur in spurts; but, it should not be held back. I am quite fine with a natural progression.



Never-Never-Land, also known as Zero-Zero-Land, IS Real!


U have bought into this experiment, hook-line-and-sinker.


Ribbit



posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad
 


Dear ButtUglyToad,

Actually, you bought into the experiment.



new topics

top topics



 
8
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join