It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD officer pleads guilty in gun smuggling case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

NYPD officer pleads guilty in gun smuggling case

hosted.ap.org

A Brooklyn police officer trying to make extra money to buy a house pleaded guilty Monday to conspiracy charges, admitting his central role in a smuggling case that involved guns, cigarettes and slot machines.

Officer William Masso, 48, could face roughly five to six years in prison at a June 15 sentencing. He was the first among a dozen individuals to enter a plea that negates the need for a trial in the case that was built over the past two years. Others charged include three retired New York Police Department officers and a New Jersey correction officer.

"He's a broken man," his la
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I wonder how many people were killed with guns that this officer of the law has smuggled, another one of "New York's Finest".

There are a dozen other individuals, including other officers so this isn't "one bad apple". I'm getting sick and tired of hearing about corrupt officers abusing their power at the expense of the regular citizen.

The article almost tries to portray this man's doing's as forgivable as he had a house to pay for...his lawyer tells us he's a broken man...BOO HOO!

I hope they enjoy their time in the slammer.

hosted.ap.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
& these are the people enforcing the law....

Check out what happened to a cop on my side of town

sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com...
edit on 6-2-2012 by revolutionphase1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by revolutionphase1

There are plenty of examples, the guy in your town got busted pretty good too. Here is a thread I did on a former Meth task force member who got busted trading meth for sex.

Former Arapahoe County Sheriff arrested for exchanging meth for sex

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
They are being arrested and prosecuted.. What more do you guys want? You either argue the law treats them differently, when in fact we can see it doesn't, or that they are somehow above the law.

Until you guys can go down to the lake and walk across water, you are exactly what the officers are - Human and prone to making very bad decisions.

As far as the NYPD goes they employ over 40k commissioned Police Officers so try to keep it in context. Doing the typical stereotyping on law enforcement is just as annoying as you guys find the officers who break the law.

Your arguments are coming across in such a manner that one could make the counter argument to you guys that because my city police department made a DWI arrest and a drug arrest last night, that every single person we come into contact with are drug dealers and alcoholics.

All I ask is keep it in perspective..

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by revolutionphase1
& these are the people enforcing the law....

Check out what happened to a cop on my side of town

sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com...
edit on 6-2-2012 by revolutionphase1 because: (no reason given)

Actually it would be these are the people breaking the law.

The investigators who did their job that allowed these officers to be charged are the ones who did their job by enforcing the law.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Between Federal down to the college campus, there are 800, 000 law enforcement officers. so yea, the 50 you have heard about on ATS that people scrounge for to blast police officers, are not indicative of the field.

funny how ATSers don't go out of their way to find the good things that police officers do, or it wouldn't be as much fun to hate the piggies.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

There needs to be a power shift. Someone needs to re-write how the power should distributed, and WHO has it. Both these events took place near me, and both show how excessive power is used in the wrong way.

Watch as this man dies

At (0:34) he takes out his gun and kills him. He was handcuffed.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

All I ask is keep it in perspective..

It is being put into perspective, all the law abiding officers don't need to be offended by this post as this was about the corrupt individuals in Brooklyn and the guns they smuggled, among other crimes they committed. In no way whatsoever am I taking any honor from the good police officers. My problem is with the jackboot thugs who practice and defend these actions on a daily basis.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Another case around my area where I live. A couple cops from different towns were both selling drugs out of their squad cars. They were getting paid twice once with tax payer money and then making extra on top of that. Heck we only get chick cops from the town I was from (just a small town). We would see the chick cop going out to our reservoir to get screwed by the state cops coming through town. Cops are a joke around where I'm from. Other people had black mail pictures of male cops smoking joints and drinking at a party in uniform. (Lets just say some people didn't even have to worry about getting pulled over by anyone in town.)

Crazy what cops will actually do and get paid for. I also saw a cop having sex with a chick bent over his squad car in uniform and was caught by security cameras and they said he was no committing a crime but did lose his job.

This country went down the pipes a long time ago.

new topics

top topics

join