It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SHTF Communications

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr

I agree, at the same token, others may learn code language to get a certain advantage, representative to representative from groups is a better way to gain diplomacy.

29INFDIV

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
If your typical assumed SHTF scenario ever did happen, you would not be on all your fancy little electronic dooo-dads, and gizmos. Beating on drums, or sending smoke signals may be your best bet unless you have a couple soup cans and a LONG string.

SHTF = no more IPODS, and cell phones, and all these modern day gadgets that people today just couldnt live without. I bet most youngsters today would KILL themselves if they couldnt use their cell phones or Ipods or Facebook or Twitter for a few days.

They wouldnt survive even that part of SHTF scenario.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by dainoyfb

Being in the US, I try to have as much tech that can communicate or overhear such comm. Like JT1000's fed vers. program on the spot. Also handy to have a database of freqs and a digital handheld 800mhz/900mhz with rss cord to program & listen in on ops, only problem is triangulation is immediate and direct. Not impossible, as I do not who is reading this do your homework. As for NIR it is completely possible to construct with off the shelf materials, although a bit larger. Had to put a second alternator and battery on my truck to subside the power constraints & conversion. Helps with knowledge of SINCGARS comms & VHF emitters. Also FYI find a way to hide & deploy your antennae's.

29INFDIV

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I have solar pannels and 12 volt batteries which you can opperate a Ham Radio off of.

I also have access to a generator.

3 HT's 3 Mobile rigs and an HF station.

If the SHTF I think I would still be abel to comunicate with other Hams.

Thats my 2 cents.

JFY

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

Well you are kinda right, but today with the technology in solar panels that are small and foldable, if you have any in your bugout bag, your going to have at least some power, even if it's only for a crystal radio, to listen in on.. incase anyone is broadcasting. Comms soon after "The Event" will have power, there will be fuel and generators for survivors to find for months afterwards.. but for the long term, you have to start looking at wind, water or solar power.

I've included a couple of links to sites you may find interesting on this subject, for those who were not prepared when "The Event" occurred.

Homemade radio's

Solar battery

Hope this helps

Peace

Rock Ape

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by 29INFDIV

Love the 29 Infintry Division. Love it.

I agree. It will jsut be us out there. We will communicate we will listen.

Me I will listen in short periods if required to pick up some chatter and then power down.

I hope this is not as bad as it appears but I have a bad feeling that the S is about to hit the fan.

Israel has been preparing for the last 6 months prepping its populace missle drills, chemical mask handouts. do you all remember this about 4-5 months ago.

This to me looks pretty bad.

I'm prepared.

Got food, water, radios, got my charges. Ended up buying one solar and one hand crank. it is what it is and you gotta take whats available.

Only thing I need now is for the # to hit the fan.

I hope it never happens but one cannot tell.

You look at the signs around the world and lately it looks very bad. Very very bad.

Be ready.
talk to your family and have a plan.

My kids all know that if something bad happens they shelter in place and lock the doors to the class and wait for the police to arrive. They pratice this often. They just had one test last week.

My childre also know that I monitor the freq's as they hear my radio on all day long.

They know I'm home listening and They also know that if something bad happens they will be in lock down shelter in place.

They also know that when the loc down occurs I'm enroute with and ETA of 4.5minutes max on a bad day. Usually I can be there in 3 minutes.

The police would probably beat me there as the police station is 2 minutes walking distance from the school.

My kids know that if the SHTF that I will be there on site in three minutes and that I will be watching to ensure noone enters the class with the exception of me if some real bad # happens.

I know the local police and I'm sure they know me.

I know the chief knows me as my son and huis go to the same birthday parties and he has came over to me to say hi.

So I know he would be the first on site and he is high speed low drag if you catch my drift.

Worst case i'm on i bike to get there on peddal power and that is about a 20 minutes mostly down hill. With my pack I would say about 30 minutes I could be onsite with my flintstone power.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

True most would go into shock of the horrors the would see if the # did hit the fan.

Correct most gizmos would be dead in the EMP event or a nuke event but some things would survive.

Like a bow, cross bow, firearm.

With these we will defend.

Getting food is not really an issue.

These kids these days would be in for a shocker if they had to get their own food.

It would make them relly appreciat the things they once had.

Now kids don't appreciate #. Let alone a life.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by 29INFDIV
reply to post by dainoyfb

Being in the US, I try to have as much tech that can communicate or overhear such comm. Like JT1000's fed vers. program on the spot. Also handy to have a database of freqs and a digital handheld 800mhz/900mhz with rss cord to program & listen in on ops, only problem is triangulation is immediate and direct. Not impossible, as I do not who is reading this do your homework. As for NIR it is completely possible to construct with off the shelf materials, although a bit larger. Had to put a second alternator and battery on my truck to subside the power constraints & conversion. Helps with knowledge of SINCGARS comms & VHF emitters. Also FYI find a way to hide & deploy your antennae's.

Ok What you taking about willis.

regarding this statement.

Helps with knowledge of SINCGARS comms & VHF emitters.

You planning on listen to the army.

You would never be able to listen in here.

If you know anything about SINCGARS you know that you would not be able to listen in unless you had.

Fill in the blanks please if you can.

H_P _ _ _ which sets the _________ and ____________ to communicate. Dont bother googling it you wont find it there.

94L out wow:

29INFDIV
:

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by kc0jfy

Also make a nice bullseye for a jdam drop.

Make sure you have the ability to power down your system completely in a moments notice if needed.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoshF
My team and I have developed our own Morse code, that seems to be the best for us. We are also toying with the idea of using pigeons.

You should remember that secret codes are forbidden.

No amateur station shall transmit: messages encoded for the purpose of obscuring their meaning

FCC Part97.113

J.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocky Black

Whats completely interesting is that quoted post has vanished....... Or I am completely blind.....

29INFDIV

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by 29INFDIV

Which one are you refering to.

10 up 2 down....

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I have a landline phone from AT&T. It works when the powers out here. I see that if the SHTF occurs that cell phones will be shut off in areas so people can't communicate with others when out doing chaos. There will still be some sort of communication in 95% of the disasters that happen. We also have a cell phone but we don't count on it working everywhere all the time.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Personally I would never consider any communications gear/ability during a SHTF situation. Why draw attention to yourself. Military or law enforcement or savages will take your gear. Then there is power. No electric and/or no gas for generators, If an EMP all your gear, solar power and generators would be fried. Keep it simple and portable and maintain a low profile.

If you can't eat it, shoot it or f... it you don't need it.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by kawika

To funny I agree 100%.

I love when people come on here and say oh ya I have a gun I have food and this is where I live.

Hello people are you that dumb.

I have radios woop de do.

I have guns .

Well now you got our attention.

Got it.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocky Black

Just put signs on your property that say "I'm getting low on meat, please try to rob me so I can get meat"

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

My kids know that if the SHTF that I will be there on site in three minutes and that I will be watching to ensure noone enters the class with the exception of me if some real bad # happens.

Please be aware that I may be attempting to enter the classroom to protect my child and I would be most appreciative if you didn't shoot at me. As I don't know you and you don't know me it is likely that we will both consider the other to be a bad guy.

Just some food for thought.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Gator

Dont worry doc I have been to the school and if you know the class I enter I will know you. You do go to the parent teacher conference don't you.

Did you go to the ice cream social and the PTA meeting. I know every parent in the class just so you know.

An I can say that I probobly know about 99 percent of the parents. I see them everywhere at parties at the market.

I know who the enemy is do you?

The enemy is the one who looks like the enemy.

how can you tell who they are you might ask?

Its all in the eyes.

I can see the intent... I can make the decision in a split second wheather or not you have hostile intent. And believe you me I will take action and I will place 3 center mass and it will not be in the chest. Yes I am that good.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join