It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Warns of New FED Power Grab

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
The current administration has been completely dumping on the American constitution lately. The recent unconstitutional appointment of Richard Cordray to head the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is just the latest example of this administration bypassing congress (I know they all do it but that is no justification…sorry…I didn’t support it then and don’t now).

Thirty-nine Republican senators have announced they will sign an amicus brief that challenges President Obama's Jan. 4 recess appointment of Richard Cordray to become director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB).

"American democracy was born out of a rejection of the monarchies of Western Europe, anchored by limited government and separation of powers," says Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas. "We refuse to stand by as this president arrogantly casts aside our Constitution and defies the will of the American people under the election-year guise of defending them."
link

Proponents claim the CFPB will protect consumers but it’s funded through the FED, has no financial constraints, and has no congressional oversight (no accountability at all). This is yet another way for Wall Street and big banks to screw the American public. This amounts to more crony capitalism and more quid pro quo opportunities for the elite on the backs of tax payers.

Is it just me or does it seem like this kind of thing is happening more and more lately? It seems that, although people are waking up, the escalation of unconstitutional acts by the government hasn't slowed a bit. WTH?? Do they sense the power shifting and are trying to shore up their control while they still have the power to do so?
edit on 6-2-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Thanks for posting that recording. I was unaware of his weekly updates of the goings-on with the gov, but I'm very appreciative of the info. Thanks again. Just another reason I'd like to see him in the white house

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by twohawks

Although I do not support his candidacy (for other reasons – off topic), I do think he is a great guy and a great watchdog (one of the few). Maybe I have a soft spot for him because he’s a fellow Texan. I knew Ron Paul before Ron Paul was cool.

I know that he does right by his constituents. Any representative that does right by his/her constituents is OK in my book; whether I agree with him on everything or not, I respect him for being a man of principle and conviction. He’s soooo right on a lot of things though!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
And people wonder why he is unelectable.

First he talks too much he let's the people know what the government and the banks and wall street are doing.

Second he hasn't paid proper homage to the elite. You know Romney was more than willing to get down and kiss those boots.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

And people wonder why he is unelectable.

First he talks too much he lets the people know what the government and the banks and wall street are doing.

It’s hard to be the watchdog and whistleblower then try to run for president! By that point the enemies have been made and the bridges have been burned. I don’t think someone could hang on long enough to get the nod without being at least a little corrupted.

Second he hasn't paid proper homage to the elite. You know Romney was more than willing to get down and kiss those boots.

Kiss the boots?? Romney and his buddies bought the damn boots!!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Ron Paul,the Peoples inside man. Do enough of us get the message? I hope and pray we do.

How can anyone argue that this man does not have America's best interest at heart.

Thanx for the thread OP.

It seems that, although people are waking up, the escalation of unconstitutional acts by the government hasn't slowed a bit.

They have been acting with impunity for so long they have no fear of consequence.

Much like France in 1789-1799 the aristocrats will pay the price when the peasantry rises up.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dezertdog

Ron Paul,the Peoples inside man. Do enough of us get the message? I hope and pray we do.

How can anyone argue that this man does not have America's best interest at heart.

Thanx for the thread OP.

As I’ve disclosed, I do not support a RP candidacy but I admire him and he is absolutely an honorable guy who is right about a lot of things and exposes corruption. He is also consistent on conservative issues, which I love! My main gripe is foreign policy. I’ve studied his views on the subject, and read everyone’s explanations, but I’m still not on board…that’s a NO-GO for me.

I want him to have a much bigger role in government though…I’d love to see him as FED chairman or VP. He’s got a lot to offer!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
This consumer protection sounds like once again the government is sending false signals on how the economy is doing and not listening to the free market. Won't more of the same cause the same problems?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I respect your view on his foreign policy. It's a bitter pill for many.

In a nutshell we can't afford the cost to be the boss of the world any longer.

My concern is if we don't pull in and regroup before a collapse we'll be weak and prime meat for exploitation and/or attack.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Whenever evil people gain positions of authority, all the others of the same ilk come out in droves, because they know they can do almost anything with no opposition from those in charge...

The same thing happened when the Clintons were in the whitehouse almost immediately after he took office... Also to a lesser extent, or not as noticeable, this same process was happening behind the scenes with Bush and Bush Jr.....

Now though, it has reached epic proportions and they don't even try to hide it anymore.. Congress is also run amok with no slowing down in sight...
edit on 6-2-2012 by alienreality because: typos

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

This consumer protection sounds like once again the government is sending false signals on how the economy is doing and not listening to the free market. Won't more of the same cause the same problems?

YEP!! This is EXACTLY more of the same…a big intrusion where the elites pick winners and losers.

Sound like something you’d want? Neither do I!

The question I have, as stated in the OP, is why does it appear (at least to me) that TPTB are REALLY escalating the trampling of the constitution. Do they FEAR the upcoming election?

They should!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I respect your view on his foreign policy. It's a bitter pill for many.

In a nutshell we can't afford the cost to be the boss of the world any longer.

The wars would fund themselves if the US actually did what many accuse us of doing (fighting for resources). I don't advocate taking other country's stuff but we should have a mutually beneficial agreement before goig in. Maybe the Iraqi people should have/should REPAY us for getting rid of their dictator?? Maybe Libya should have/should pay us for our effort. We can afford too. The problem is that we probably DO have the agreement but the only people that profit are TPTB.

My concern is if we don't pull in and regroup before a collapse we'll be weak and prime meat for exploitation and/or attack.

No worries there. The people of the US have never lost a war. There are plenty of people ready to handle any incursion into the US. The majority of the military wouldn’t turn against the people or the constitution; they won’t fire on their own families. Not to mention all the old Oath Keepers who are well aware, wide awake and plenty ready.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
The current administration has been completely dumping on the American constitution lately. The recent unconstitutional appointment of Richard Cordray to head the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is just the latest example of this administration bypassing congress (I know they all do it but that is no justification…sorry…I didn’t support it then and don’t now).

Thirty-nine Republican senators have announced they will sign an amicus brief that challenges President Obama's Jan. 4 recess appointment of Richard Cordray to become director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB).

"American democracy was born out of a rejection of the monarchies of Western Europe, anchored by limited government and separation of powers," says Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas. "We refuse to stand by as this president arrogantly casts aside our Constitution and defies the will of the American people under the election-year guise of defending them."
link

Proponents claim the CFPB will protect consumers but it’s funded through the FED, has no financial constraints, and has no congressional oversight (no accountability at all). This is yet another way for Wall Street and big banks to screw the American public. This amounts to more crony capitalism and more quid pro quo opportunities for the elite on the backs of tax payers.

Is it just me or does it seem like this kind of thing is happening more and more lately? It seems that, although people are waking up, the escalation of unconstitutional acts by the government hasn't slowed a bit. WTH?? Do they sense the power shifting and are trying to shore up their control while they still have the power to do so?

I think it's desperation. TPTB feel it slipping no matter who wins the Pres.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Thanx for the thread OP.

As I’ve disclosed, I do not support a RP candidacy but I admire him and he is absolutely an honorable guy who is right about a lot of things and exposes corruption. He is also consistent on conservative issues, which I love! My main gripe is foreign policy. I’ve studied his views on the subject, and read everyone’s explanations, but I’m still not on board…that’s a NO-GO for me.

I want him to have a much bigger role in government though…I’d love to see him as FED chairman or VP. He’s got a lot to offer!

I do not wish to embroil you in academic debate, however RP's view is that we should declare war not bypass congress. What part of that do you disagree with?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Getting your facts from Ron Paul isnt going to give you any thing accurate. There was nothing unconstitutional about what obama did. He just used an existing rule that allowed this.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I'm more concerned with the fact that this agency exists than who was appointed to run the agency. It looks like this agency opened in July, 2011 as part of Dodd-Frank. Interesting because now we won't have to just worry about passing an Audit the Fed Bill. Now we need Audit CFPB as well. This statement is speculative but to me it seems like CPFB is simply another place to hide trillions in payouts.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Ron Paul tries to warn and warn and the american sheeple public continues to sleep and sleep

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by knightsofcydonia

I do not wish to embroil you in academic debate, however RP's view is that we should declare war not bypass congress. What part of that do you disagree with?

I don't disagree with any part of that. Actually, that's the only part of his foreign policy I DO agree with. 

I don't believe US should close overseas bases or be completely non-interventionist. I don't want US to be the world's police but if asked to intervene I want that option on the table. After all, it could be US that needs intervention one day. I wouldn't like an ally to turn it's back on US if US needed help. Would you?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

Getting your facts from Ron Paul isnt going to give you any thing accurate. There was nothing unconstitutional about what obama did. He just used an existing rule that allowed this.

With all due respect, there are 39 US Senators filing an amicus brief who disagree.

I would also think its unconstitutional for a government agency to run wild on the tax payers dime with zero congressional oversight and unlimited funds.  

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

reply to post by knightsofcydonia

I don't disagree with any part of that. Actually, that's the only part of his foreign policy I DO agree with. 

I don't believe US should close overseas bases or be completely non-interventionist. I don't want US to be the world's police but if asked to intervene I want that option on the table. After all, it could be US that needs intervention one day. I wouldn't like an ally to turn it's back on US if US needed help. Would you?

First off, nice post. I actually missed that one...been busy...thanks for bringing it up.

Secondly, I'm not sold that he'd turn his back on any of our allies. Again, declare the war, go in and get it over with.

Hey listen, there are other issues that I don't agree with him on and if you or anyone expects a candidate that's going to be perfect, listen to The Newt or Mittins. They'll pander your pants right off! Obama just lies to your face. I trust Ron Paul.

What we all need to remember, Paul's run is more than just a WH run. This is a movement. An Idea. An Idea who's time has come.

IMO, the man has already won!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join