It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi, I am elle :)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I guess I shall introduce myself... I am a lady in my mid-late 20's now and I have always been particularly interested in the paranormal while not really believing anything paranormal was happening to myself. I guess I could say the home I grew up in was haunted in some way... poltergeist is what I am leaning to at the moment.

I have been lurking these forums for about a couple of years now but I think I want to go ahead and start posting and maybe once I reach enough of a post count I can share my experience from a haunted home I grew up in and while I have been skeptical before to a degree on the paranormal (it'd never happen to *me*) I do find this all interesting. I really want to make a topic soon to get opinions on what was going on in my home. It's stopped now.. but there is a story there to why it stopped.

I want to say hello to all the ATS members here and hopefully get some perspective on my own life experiences as well as to contribute to the people dealing with their own experiences right now.

So.... hi!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS Ellen...look forward to your posts...

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS
plenty of stories to pour over on this site, never a dull moment

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Hey Elle.

Ghosties..ya, interesting topic they are indeed.

I, as a fairly hard nosed skeptic, try not to assume a ghost is anything. Had it not been for some pretty damn impressive demonstrations, I would simply have dismissed the subject as hogwash years ago...but yep, I do have the experience that I cannot dismiss. (not for lack of trying, thats for sure).

never really understood it. logically, I can accept the alien hypothesis..sure..other worlds, advanced worlds, sounds feasible..but a ghost makes no real sense in a physical universe..
yet I have had a "ghost" experience, and never seen even a ufo that couldn't be simply something normal (satellite or meteorite, etc)

Anyhow, ya...welcome to ATS. be prepared for good discussions, and some extremes whenever you tell your story..just relate as much info as possible, have an open, but critically thinking mind.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Welcome aboard Elle!

Hope you enjoy your stay!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Thank you.

I am very hesitant about it because it brings up so many bad memories of my childhood that the idea of it actually being a poltergeist seems comforting to me now that it's all over. I read somewhere on an apparently reputable website that sometimes poltergeists are protecting the victim from bad people around them. Not that I am claiming I was a victim but... it seems comforting in retrospect. Anyway... I will have to post about it soon.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Thanks everyone for the welcome!
You are all so fast at replying! I wasn't expecting so many so quick but I like this friendly atmosphere. I wish I stopped lurking sooner!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ellenight

Hi There! I'm very interested to hear your story, too. I understand what you mean, as I'm sure lots of others here at ATS will. But, I'd love to know all about it, as long as it's not upsetting to you.
Welcome!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Welcome Elle, hope your experiance here as as fruitful as mine has been.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Welcome, from a fellow new member! I just posted my introduction just a bit before yours. I'm also interested in your story. Ghosts are one of the few paranormal things that I believe in enough to say that I know they exist, and one of the few things I don't mind telling people I believe in at the risk of sounding crazy.

I haven't had very much personal experience with ghosts but I have had some. The experiences I had were negative but I know that not all ghosts are bad. Anyway, I don't want to hijack your topic so I won't get into my experiences, I just wanted to welcome you and say that I understand where you're coming from. ATS is definitely the right place for your interests and I look forward to hearing your story.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Hey Elle,

Welcome to ATS!

Hope you enjoy your time here. Cya around.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Welcome aboard Elle. I wouldn't let your guard down just yet.
Keep a thick skin! That being said I hope you find some answers to the questions you are looking for. My thirst for information seems insatiable but certainly worth the effort.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I'm having some strange things that are happening to me and also my brother recently... I wasn't sure about this sort of this tell I experienced certain things that can't be explained.

Welcome by the way!

luke

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Thank you everyone! This is so much more of a welcome than I was expecting.

I do love the paranormal so that is probably where I will spend most of my time. :p

I love the welcomes! You're all so friendly.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

Paranormal going-ons are one of my favourite topics on ATS too.

Enjoy your stay

&

Happy Huntin'

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Thank you.

How do you all get these awesome avatars? I submitted one I like but it does not show... do avatar pics go through moderation? I can understand that.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Here are some links to dive into about avatars and such

New Avatar Rules
Goodluck to you

EDIT: Great minds think alike AlphaX lol
edit on 6-2-2012 by roaland because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Since no one has answered your question yet, I will give it a shot. I'm not that great with directions though.

I'm just going to start from the beginning because I don't know how far you've made it. You need to have the image saved to your computer first, it can't be copy pasted. That's pretty simple, just right-click and save.

Then scroll up to the top of any page on ATS and click Tools.

It should take you to an account settings page and right under where you clicked Tools should be a new drop down bar with ATS uploads right beneath Tools, click ATS uploads.

There are instructions on what to do from there on the left side of the page. If you need help after that, just ask.

EDIT: Wow, 20 minutes since you asked and two posts happen at the exact same time answering your question!
edit on 6-2-2012 by AlphaX because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I tried those and my avi pic was 25kb.... I submitted the image multiple times. It's not adult material, lol, it's just a fairy. Maybe it takes time.....

And thank you all for helping! This might be my new home on the internet... lol I have been lurking long enough.

edit on 6-2-2012 by ellenight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

After you've uploaded the picture to ATS, clicked on the image, and clicked "Avatar", are you scrolling down to the part where it says "Your Avatar (appears in mini-profile next to your posts)" and clicking "submit" next to "Update Avatar"?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join