It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Earth update wipes out underwater ruins, believed to be part of Atlantis.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

But I'm pretty sure that if they had succeeded in destroy the ruins of Yonaguni, we hardly would know about it, because if Western people don't care much about what happens in Asia, let alone undersea...

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I'm a frequent lurker, infrequent poster.

My theory is that the lines seen are not an artifact of image processing. I think the lines are depressions in the surface. They resemble collapsed tunnels to me. Could this site actually be an old mine, or perhaps an ancient underground base? The lines don't seem to show much regard for the topography on the surface, which makes me think it may have originated below the surface. This is just based off the photos I'm seeing in this post.

My own theory begs some questions though... What is the scale we are talking about here? Some say a small town, others say a country. Do we have a square mileage amount? Secondly, if they are depressions, why haven't they filled in with sand and soil over the centuries? Thirdly, are there other phenomena like this?

I realize I could answer a couple of these questions on my own, but Google Earth and my phone don't get along.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
You may be on to something there actually, I've heard theories about these underground military bases and if they are real and one did collapse maybe that's a good reason to hide the evidence...
They have found strange underground tunnel systems from ancient times too but as complex as they were they were nowhere near the scale of this anomaly...

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I feel the biggest reason the PTB are actively hiding the truth of past cultures and civilizations (The ones that had technology surpassing our modern days), Is because if the common person knew what we could really achieve without the shackles of modern world governments, we would be tearing down their house of cards already..

Fear and forced ignorance are their greatest weapons against the masses...

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Whatever it is is still there... even still visible without the timeline option.

As are the other close by 'unnatural' straight lines.

Nothing to see here...

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Edgar Cayce did claim that atlanteans were being reborn in large numbers in the America. Past lives in Atlantis could certainly account for the obsession.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I'm surprised there haven't been explorations done of this area. You would think if treasure hunters etc knew about this possibility, they would have been there already.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Let's be honest, it's a pretty shaky gridpattern. I was expecting the founders of Atlantis to do a better job than Micheal J Fox

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Rexamus

The grid pattern is underwater.
I'm sure it's changed a lot over time.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by curedby432

Ok I could buy that

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by dickdastardly
reply to post by daaskapital

Edgar Cayce did claim that atlanteans were being reborn in large numbers in the America. Past lives in Atlantis could certainly account for the obsession.

True enough and I wanted to add that it is up for debate whether or not it ever existed and if found (may have already been found)...truly identified somehow then think of all the other predictions Cayce made regarding out past and what is to come.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

There is so much to learn and so many questions to answer.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate
Nature rarely if ever creates straight lines. Much less multiple straight lines at regular intervals from each other.

Neither does man. It's VERY rare to find a town or city laid out in a regular grid fashion. Just look at an aerial view of your favorite city and you'll see what I mean. And especially going back to ancient times, a "spoke" layout was much more popular where the roads radiated out from the city center like the spokes of a wheel.

I don't know if anyone bothered to read what Google said about this, but they said the image artifacts were left over from the way the area was scanned, the ship made grid passes back and forth and there was some overlap to the imaged areas. The overlaps created the band-like artifacts. Sounds completely reasonable and plausible, there's simply no reason to see this as anything else. If a city had been there it would be much more likely that you would see the remains of built structures rather than the roadways (pyramids, stone temples, etc.) And there are none.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

The Aztecs never claimed to be the descendents of the Atlanteans but instead told of the survivors and how they were giants who wore blue body paint.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join