It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Earth update wipes out underwater ruins, believed to be part of Atlantis.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
The notorious grid-like undersea area in the North coast of Africa, spotted on Google Earth, which resembles a city and conspiracy theorists believe to be part of some ancient Atlantis colony, has been wiped out in a new update for Google Ocean, because according to Google/NOAA geophysicists "is just a data artifact" :

A Google Earth map that raised rumors of the lost city of Atlantis has gotten a much-needed update, ridding the seafloor of a gridlike pattern that some vigilant users suspected were sunken streets from the mythological underwater city.
In fact, Google Ocean, an extension of map program Google Earth, was merely displaying a data artifact from the sonar method that oceanographers use to map the seafloor. This week, Google updated the application with new seafloor data from the Scripps Institution of Oceanography at the University of California, San Diego (UCSD), the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) and other groups.
"The original version of Google Ocean was a newly developed prototype map that had high resolution but also contained thousands of blunders related to the original archived ship data," David Sandwell, a Scripps geophysicist, said in a statement. "UCSD undergraduate students spent the past three years identifying and correcting the blunders."

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

I haven't checked this update with Google Ocean addon, but in the normal GEarth we can clearly see that the area was blatantly tampered to make the grid disappear, though they are still faintly visible:

Notice that the image is fully loaded.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

That's how they used to be seen some time ago:

Those guys of Google have the testicles to say it's a image glitch??

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

As far as TPTB have its agenda for cover up the existence of Atlantis, which is directly connected to ancient aliens theory and so, I wonder if the earthquakes in Honshu, in 2010, were triggered by undersea nukes as believed by many conspiracy theorists, to destroy the ruins of Yonaguni, which are told by Japanese elders have been the "palace of the sea god"...

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

The problem with the sunken city theory is this, The grid-like area is the size of a small country!
I would love to believe we found Atlantis but surely the area is too big to be just one city...
But I'm just speculating anyway, I suppose the only way to find out if Atlantis is there is to go on an expedition or something...
What reason do you think google would have to cover this up? I have seen evidence of google tampering with images in area 51 before so it wouldn't surprise me if they did it again but why would they hide such a find as atlantis?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by StrangeWayz

Because they can.

Peace

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

But the size of a small country and not a city....

That pretty much fits the tellings and stories of Atlantis. It was always the size of a continent according to the myths but people use the word "city" too literally when talking about it now.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Those who say that the small grid area in the African coast is Atlantis, are not helping the cause. I was careful in make the observation about a colony or part of Atlantis empire, which probably reached most part of the globe.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Are you an American? What is it with Americans and Atlantis? It's like some obsession they have.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

Atlantis was not a city, it was an empire with many colonies. The main nucleus of the empire must have been something like the Vatican, but placed in some island in the Atlantic. Assuming that Poseidon and ENKI/EA are the same one, and as far as his main base of operations was placed in Africa, most likely Atlantis was built somewhere in the coast of Africa.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I had a quick check on GE. There does appear to be massive amounts of blotching of a grey colour, blends in with the ocean, but still noticeable.
edit on 6-2-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Atlantis was not a city, it was an empire with many colonies.

How do you know this as fact? As far as history/science is concerned,there isn't much validation for an atlantis.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

To be fair I dont know very much about Atlantis and I probably would have benefited with a quick seach in google! However, the OP remarked that the grid-like structure resembled a city and it does, its just way too big to be a city, unless the roads were really wide and the buildings (or spaces between the roads) were each about the size as a large town! if atlantis is not just one city it may be something "they" do not want us to know...
But as I say, I dont know much about Atlantis so I may be wrong...

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I actually created a thread a while back discussing this very interesting Google Earth anomaly located on the ocean floor at a depth of 5kms.
In my opinion, the GE image was of an actual artifact and NOT caused by image and/or data processing errors.

Unusual ocean floor anomaly situated at a depth of 5 kms

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Nature rarely if ever creates straight lines. Much less multiple straight lines at regular intervals from each other. There is no way that's a glitch. That was some sort of created structure, or something that is now underwater.

I'd like to know when that piece of ocean was last actually on land and dry. Maybe a million or 2 years ago? Probably less or erosion might have completely erased it. But still...that's man made...or something made. There is almost no doubt in my mind. And if it was above sea level last long before civilizations were supposedly formed on earth...no wonder they want it hidden.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Hey, it is still clearly visile and not blurred out if you use the time system on GE. Like when you put the time back, you can see it before it was blurred. My time setting is on 2012 and i can see it.

With time on:

With time off:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

Atlantis was not a city, it was an empire with many colonies.

How do you know this as fact? As far as history/science is concerned,there isn't much validation for an atlantis.

The same history that claims that primitive men just came out from the stone age/ice age and built Sumer out of the thin air??? Scholars say that primitive men suddenly learned a 600 characters writing, learned architecture, math, engineering, physics, laws, etc, etc, out of the blue and just like that, raised an empire with all characteristics of modern cities.... scholars say that malnourished slaves built the Giza pyramids with chisels, rope cranes and bamboo scaffolding...

In another words, mankind history is a lie, the sensitive stuff is completely suppressed, specially concerning the pre-flood civilizations and I couldn't care less about what mainstream history validates or not.
edit on 2/6/2012 by 1AnunnakiBastard because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Plus, most people ignore it but the meso-american civilizations, specially the Aztecs openly claimed to be descendants/survivors from Atlantis. Interesting that a rough translation for the word "Aztec" is "coming from Az-tlan". The land of Az-tlan what totally sounds like Atlantis. Another interesting fact is that the giant African like stonemasons, who landed in Central American with Quetzalcoatl, to build those ancient megalithic cities, were called "Tulas", which totally sounds like Thule, a part of the Lemurian continent, considered another "myth" by mainstream scholars.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Yonaguni is still there!!!!

Show me that it isn't. Prove it to me. Hey, I believe in this stuff but you're making wild assertions.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin

Yonaguni is still there!!!!

Show me that it isn't. Prove it to me. Hey, I believe in this stuff but you're making wild assertions.

Where I said Yonaguni is no longer there??? I said I WONDER if the coast of Japan was nuked to destroy it. I don't know if they succeeded. And I don't think it's a wild idea. Perhaps the Japanese or the Chinese were flirting with researches in those ruins, seeking for ancient technology, lost devices and TPTB had not interest in let it happen.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Oh damn, sorry for not reading the post I replied to properly. Apologies. Yeh, it is possible but I'm fairly sure we'd hear about it. They could easily write it off as EQ damage and broadcast it so no-one cares about going there.

I love Yonaguni.
edit on 6-2-2012 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join