It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Late introduction - Sorry I didn't make one sooner

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I should start off by saying that I've been a member for almost a month now and have only made a few posts but still haven't posted an introduction. I know that's the customary thing to do around here so for that, I apologize. I'm not very good at talking about myself with no context or subject to get me started. I'm a perfectionist so even though this post won't be perfect, you can bet I'll be working on it for at least 20 minutes.

I suppose rather than talking about all of my general hobbies and interests, I should just mention the ones that are related to ATS. I'm really interested in just about everything that gets discussed on this site. My biggest interests are usually spiritual in nature; Reincarnation, ghosts, the afterlife, that sort of thing. I'm also very interested in aliens and I have an opinion about everything though I don't always choose to share it.

I find myself to be very different from most people who I meet which is why my signature is "Step into my reality". I'm not an odd person, I feel like I just have a lot more going on in my head at one time than most people do. I consider myself to be a very morally good person and will always try to do the right thing, even in hypothetical situations. In one of my few posts that I've already made, I mentioned that I am an INFJ in Myers-Briggs Typology. I mentioned that because it explains a lot about me without having to go into detail, if you know about typology.

Even though I don't post very often, mostly because I'm a perfectionist and don't want to make a reply that I'm not proud of, I'm on ATS every day. This site is by far the best at hosting discussions about the wide range of subjects that are talked about here and sharing news that you'll never hear about in the MSM (I learned that one from you guys).

I've run out of stuff to talk about so I guess I'll stop here. I look forward to getting to know some of you guys as I haven't done so yet. I'm open to discuss anything and will gladly answer any questions if anyone has them.

I realized I should add this just as I was about to submit the thread. I wanted to mention that I'm from the state of Illinois in the U.S.A. and I'm 21. I'm still shocked when I see people posting on here that are younger than me just because I'm surprised they're interested in this stuff, that's a good thing though.

Thanks for reading and have a good day!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AlphaX

Hi AlphaX, welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now.

Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads in the appropriate forums and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Try our Ask ATS with the search words of your choice.
I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from and add your thoughts and opinions too as well.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AlphaX

Welcome to ATS!

I find myself to be very different from most people who I meet which is why my signature is "Step into my reality". I'm not an odd person, I feel like I just have a lot more going on in my head at one time than most people do.

I think we may have something in common

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AlphaX

Welcome AlphaX...

Even though I don't post very often, mostly because I'm a perfectionist and don't want to make a reply that I'm not proud of, I'm on ATS every day.

Being a perfectionist has no place on ATS, and I even think it is against the T & Cs...and IMO it takes away from the 'experience', and the best posts I see on this site are off-the-cuff remarks.

I'm not proud of some of my posts, but I just blame my digital ego and move on...it's easy to do.

Either way - enjoy your stay here...

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

Sometimes I make posts that I'm not proud of but it's hard to get myself to just type something up and submit it without scanning over it a bunch of times. It's probably like being addicted to something, you don't even realize you are until you try to quit.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS...trying to adhere to the concept of perfection, will only give you a migraine, and potentially make you afraid to go out to your own mailbox. Not worth it...relax and enjoy the ride...

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I'm not trying to be perfect. I'm only trying to be as good as I can be, nothing more nothing less. Perfectionism is just the easiest term for me to describe that desire to be and convey the best version of myself.

And I agree that I do need to relax more. Thank you.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaX
reply to post by Destinyone

I'm not trying to be perfect. I'm only trying to be as good as I can be, nothing more nothing less. Perfectionism is just the easiest term for me to describe that desire to be and convey the best version of myself.

And I agree that I do need to relax more. Thank you.

You are very much Welcome! Here's a Chocolate Fountain to lighten your spirits.....

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Welcome!

new topics

top topics

join