It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"It's Halftime in America"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Not sure if this is the appropriate forum, but to me this is political so i'm putting here. Apparently, at halftime, a commercial aired that starred Clint Eastwood and talked about Detriot making a comeback...and people coming together...and that we can come back as a country and be as strong as ever. I just watched it a few minutes ago, one of the most inspiring commercials I've ever seen to be honest. It's over 2 mins long.

"This country can't be knocked out in one punch...we get right back up again...and when we do...the world is going to hear the roar of our engines."
Here it is:

Just thought I'd share for those who hadn't seen it...like me...and it was nice to see something positive for a change....

edit on 6-2-2012 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
That commercial really grabbed me too.

I really like the attitude presented.

No matter how dark things seem, I cannot help but feel we are not through and there really is hope for a turnaround.

Perhaps it's just wishful thinking, but keeping up the good fight is the best most of us can do.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

That commercial really grabbed me too. I really like the attitude presented. No matter how dark things seem, I cannot help but feel we are not through and there really is hope for a turnaround. Perhaps it's just wishful thinking, but keeping up the good fight is the best most of us can do.

I liked the attitude as well. As i stated, with all the CONSTANT negativity going around, it was certainly nice to see something positive. This country came together and worked together on all levels during WW2...it can be done again....hopefully it doesn't take another WW to do it though.

Fight the Good the Fight....absolutely.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

The UNSC would give us a greater goal to begin a high-tech manufacturing sector around the world to take on the Covenant. Not that the Covenant are real, but your video seems to be a bit over-the-top in saying 'America can win' rather than 'We can win'.

"Halftime in America" well guess what, if America wants to struggle alone it will. Tomorrow is another day, maybe America will stop trying to be exceptionally emo about the fact it doesn't control the world through the UN and start playing nice with the rest of the world in terms of economic development.

Really, Clint Eastwood is a great guy, and the commercial has some great production value.

However the message is directed at Americans who wish to rejuvenate their economy. The world needs America to act like a leader, not pretend it's fallen and needs to get back up. America hasn't fallen so far backwards that we're not willing to help.

Indeed, it almost seems as if America only wants to help itself.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Now... Get off my lawn.

Great video! I know America will bounce back, because I know the people themselves have fallen on the account of their governments policies; yet they won't stay down. Change doesn't start from the top down... It's from the bottom up.

Good luck, America!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Funny, we just watched this ad in school during our "On air promotions and trailers" class. (I'm a TV/Film student)

Great advertisement. You should look for the first one featuring Eminem. While I'm not a big fan of his, the commercial hits hard, I actually thought it was better than the Clint one.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
This video is the first display of the subconscious Obama campaigning effort, it is done with little hints, I picked up on it yesterday. Maybe I'm wrong, but to me it has Obama written all over it.A bit surprising to me, watching that whole Superbowl commercial thing, but it seemed that the propaganda was all over the place.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
Now... Get off my lawn.

Great video! I know America will bounce back, because I know the people themselves have fallen on the account of their governments policies; yet they won't stay down. Change doesn't start from the top down... It's from the bottom up.

Good luck, America!

now get off my lawn lol great movie lol.

i know america will bounce back after they rid themselves of the fools who like to lie in office

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Yeah its halftime America..
And weve been building crapy cars for the last 2 quarters.

pffft Micheal Moore has been preaching for years about the social economic breakdown in Detroit and yet every one treat him like a scumbag on this board. Why I should listen to Clint in 2012 while people warned us decades ago.

You guys are in for a shocker but Chrysler is already dead.
Nor emenem or Clint can do anything about it..

Life is not like a super bowl.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I'm confused.
I thought Chrysler was one of those greedy corporations that 99% of folks want to see extinct by taxing them to death?
How can America make a comeback without corporations?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
This amazes me, this thread and people who watch the Superbowl just for commercials. If that and this is not evidence of being brainwashed by the TV then what is?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Perhaps I dismissed this commercial too quickly because I disagreed with the basic concept. It is DEFINITELY NOT halftime! We're in the fourth quarter!

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

The people might bounce back, (or bounce forward.) The government of America... no way! It's too far gone, it'll be out in a year!

Originally posted by JoshF
This amazes me, this thread and people who watch the Superbowl just for commercials. If that and this is not evidence of being brainwashed by the TV then what is?
Yeah, I know... caused quite a fight at our house! I generally don't watch commercials, so I recorded the game and started watching about an hour late so I could skip thru the commercials. Well SHE wanted to see the commercials and got quite irate when I was skipping them. I finally had to give in just to keep the peace!

new topics

top topics

join