It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone know of a good reliable source, reasonably priced for fixing vehicle ECU's??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
My Honda may be in need for one due to a engineering flaw in the feedback circuit which allowed a sensor to burn out a trace and or components on the ECU board. Looking for anyone who can recommend a reliable, quick, and fairly inexpensive shop that fixes/repairs ECU's. Thanks!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Farts and compost.

Oh, and Google is your best friend. Figured you would know that by now, unless you're new to ATS and the Internet.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
wow,that sounds technical!!! i have no idea what you just said,but i'm thinking a horse and buggy might be in order!
probably cost the same to feed the horse as it would be to gas up your machine!
plus you can use his poop to fertalize your garden!!!!
in other words,i can't help you,but good luck!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Depending on the year of your Honda.....I had a 1992 civic and the ECU was damaged and I picked one up at the local scrap yard for like $50

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
So, it looks like my advice is the best one.

Just fyi, this vid was one of the first results on Google. Maybe if you tried it, you might get a little further instead of letting ATS horses do the work for you.

There's a little something to be said for independence and resourcefulness, you know?

...oh, wait, did you need the nearest bodyshop? Sorry, need more information. But maybe you can buy the part and do it yourself. Bound to be cheaper!

edit on CMondaypm282843f43America/Chicago06 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
Farts and compost.

Oh, and Google is your best friend. Figured you would know that by now, unless you're new to ATS and the Internet.

Thanks. Just trying to see if anyone knew of a shop they have dealt with, and liked their service...

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

So, it looks like my advice is the best one.

Just fyi, this vid was one of the first results on Google. Maybe if you tried it, you might get a little further instead of letting ATS horses do the work for you.

There's a little something to be said for independence and resourcefulness, you know?

...oh, wait, did you need the nearest bodyshop? Sorry, need more information. But maybe you can buy the part and do it yourself. Bound to be cheaper!

edit on CMondaypm282843f43America/Chicago06 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

Swapping is not fixing!!! Why would I swap an old ECU? It could have the same issue, and it has to be reflashed by a dealer with the vin, etc. Might as well get the one I have repaired, thus the question of, does anyone know of a good repair shop?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I build turbo dodge racecars and generally when a CPU goes bad I'd just replace it from a junkyard if possible. But if it is a common problem with that model I would visit a Honda Fan Forum and buy someone's modified version. You would be surprised how much better cars run when you have your CPU recalibrated frOm stock Settings and usually the person that writes the code will fix any normal defect free of charge.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Farts and compost.

whats internet ? and google, is that a person or some country ?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by pityocamptes

A good shop, sure.

Go to the end of the block, turn right.
Go about 5 blocks, they are across the street from the church.

(Oh, wait.....you didn't even tell us what country you are in)

new topics

top topics

join