It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Gates Backs Climate Scientists Lobbying For Large-Scale Geoengineering

page: 20
<< 17  18  19   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by MathiasAndrew
Here's an interesting list of chemicals used by the US military.

What the exact purpose and usage of these chemicals is, I do not know.

Check it out..... key items aluminum, barium, strontium

www.hummelcroton.com...

For more info on each chemical listed try this list

Or you could look them up on Wiki - strontium nitrate and strontium peroxide for example - used to make pyrotechnics red

Or you could look them up on that site - strontium oxalate - also used in pyrotechnics

I think you probably use strontium to try to scare people - but all you are doing is continuing to display your own ignorance about well known chemistry.

Strontium is the 15th most common element on Earth - it has uses in everything from magnets to optics, treating osteoporosis and and in toothpaste for sensitive teeth!

All this info is readily available to you should you wish to deny ignorance instead of promoting it!

edit on 11-2-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by FusionPower

I did think it was funny too at first. Truth is though, many billion-year-old features of this planet are threatened and routinely destroyed by human activities.

Report warns of man-made threats to Grand Canyon National Park

..."What people don't often know about the park is how threatened it is," he said. If action isn't taken, "the conditions at the park will continue to deteriorate," Nimkin added.

The Colorado River, the very force that helped create the canyon in the first place, is one area of concern.

The river flow through the canyon "has been profoundly impacted by management decisions upstream" when the Glen Canyon Dam was built creating Lake Powell, Nimkin said.

MORE

edit on 11/2/12 by soficrow because: wd

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

I think the Grand Canyon was here before any of us were born.

The Grand Canyon will continue to be here millions of years after we are all dead, buried

and forgotten.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Hey Gaul...on your wikipedia strontium explanation...I'm confused. I don't think the military is using strontium to make toothpaste for sensitive teeth. But I could be wrong. Are they? I'm not a chemistry expert but then neither are you but maybe you could explain what the military is using strontium for. I found strontium 90 used in depleted uranium weaponry where it is aerosolized and inhalable as nano size.

www.wordiq.com...

dzarkhan.wordpress.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by soficrow

I think the Grand Canyon was here before any of us were born.

The Grand Canyon will continue to be here millions of years after we are all dead, buried

and forgotten.

The problem is that they want to keep it just like it is today, which is just silly.

It's like trying to preserve a snowbank, or a sandbar in a river.

We want things to be the way we remember them. There was a story on the BBC during the height of the global warming alarmism that brought attention to Englands changing coastlines, saying that in 100 years the coastline would look different because of erosion. Well, duh. Oceans do that, waves crash on the shore and take little bits of shoreline with them as they go back out. Without this wave action the Earth would be a big dead rock.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

Yes. They want to run up and give the glaciers a big hug.

Please don't go away EVER! I love you soooooo much!

----------

What are you doing? It's ice.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by luxordelphi

Hey Gaul...on your wikipedia strontium explanation...I'm confused. I don't think the military is using strontium to make toothpaste for sensitive teeth. But I could be wrong. Are they?

What - you think no-one in the military has sensitive teeth??

Wow they must have great dental plans!!

Either hat or you might some day try to read a whole post and not just cherry pick bits out of it - there's another challenge for you!

I'm not a chemistry expert but then neither are you but maybe you could explain what the military is using strontium for.

How about the bits for using the strontium compounds for pyrotechnics? Do you think the military uses pyrotechnics?

I don't think anyone needs to be an expert in chemistry to have an opinion about whether or not the military has a use for pyrotechnics - so go on - try and figure it out.

I found strontium 90 used in depleted uranium weaponry where it is aerosolized and inhalable as nano size.

www.wordiq.com...

Nope - there's nothing about that in that link at all.

dzarkhan.wordpress.com...

Here we go - an actual claim, and with a reference too:

The Pentagon’s case was not helped in 1999 when the Department of Energy (DoE) was forced to admit that America’s DU weapons were not pure U-238, but were laced with small amounts of U-236, plutonium, neptunium, americium, and nearly 200 other unstable transuranic elements and fission by-products, including strontium-90 and Cesium-137.[40] It seems that for many years Union Carbide, Martin Marietta, and Lockheed Martin, the companies that produced the enriched uranium for Uncle Sam, made a practice of recycling spent reactor fuel back into the enrichment process. They did so for purely economic reasons. When the price of U-235 rose enough, it became profitable to recover more of the preferred U-235 fraction in this way. As a result, the DU waste stream became a witches brew of unstable isotopes and daughter products, none of them naturally-occurring. All are created in reactors and every one is thousands of times more radioactive than U-238.

40 DoE press release: Past Recycled Uranium Programs Under Review as Energy Department Investigation Continues (provides updated information on Cold War era operations), September 29, 1999. NATO was forced to make a similar admission in 2001 after the UNEP team independently assayed DU fragments from Kosovo. NATO press release, January 18, 2001

But there was no strontium 90 listed in the OP about materials used by the military.....so why are you introducing it now??

Oh yeah - that would be the ol' shifting the goalposts - get found that 1 claim is drivel, so move onto something completely different and pretend it's the same so you can "win"

edit on 11-2-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Of course you choose to use strontium as your example (the least used element in chemtrail theories)

And why did you need to go to wiki for strontium? The links I provided have the info about strontium.

Perhaps in your haste to try and distract from the evidence, you never even looked at the evidence.

www.hummelcroton.com...

USES: Strontium peroxide is used for bleaching, medicine, pyrotechnics, flares and tracer ammunition.

USES: Strontium oxalate is used in the manufacture of pyrotechnic compositions.

USES: Strontium nitrate is used in pyrotechnics for production of red color, signal lights, marine signals, railroad flares and in matches.

But you forget that the theories don't suggest that chemtrails are just strontium. They suggest that they are mainly sulfur or aluminum and possibly contain high levels of barium. While some of the water and soil samples that were examined also tested positive for high levels of strontium. Chemtrails are believed to be a combination of chemicals injected into the hot exhaust from a jet engine.

This is not just a chemical company. It's an old chemical company that's been providing material to the US Military to make weapons for quite a long time.

www.hummelcroton.com...

Hummel Chemical Company was founded In 1913 under a partnership of Mr. August Hummel and Mr. Robinson. Twenty years later Mr. Hummel acquired full control of the Company. The offices were on Cedar and West Streets in Lower Manhattan. The plant was located in Brooklyn. Mr. Hummel catered his business to the display fireworks industry. With the outbreak of World War II many of Mr. Hummel’s display fireworks customers became ordnance manufacturers.

SERVICE TO GOVERMENT AND INDUSTRY SINCE 1913

edit on 11-2-2012 by MathiasAndrew because: add info

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MathiasAndrew

Oh so you DO know what the military can use strontium for - so why did say you did not know??
Are you not quite telling the truth?? That's a bit naughty of you Matty!

Here's an interesting list of chemicals used by the US military.

What the exact purpose and usage of these chemicals is, I do not know.

Check it out..... key items aluminum, barium, strontium

The reason I used strontium is because it was one of the 3 you specifically mentioned - and we've already discussed aluminium and barium quite a lot but now you're delving into a 3rd element that is also common and trying to make it something it isn't.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Oh so you DO know what the military can use strontium for - so why did say you did not know??

Get a life ATG, the link I posted has over 100 different chemicals listed with Military use. When I said I did not know what they are being used for, it meant I did not know why the MILITARY was using them.

There's a lot more uses for all of those chemicals than I listed, you listed or wiki lists. They are not exactly going to list chemtrails as one of the uses are they?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

AGT: I think I'm getting the hang of this now. You tell me what you think. (And BTB I'm glad you brought up strontium because it's turning out to be a really interesting subject as relates to geoengineering.) (I'm going to stick to wikipedia links on this in deference to you.)

en.wikipedia.org...

Strontium sulfate (SrSO4) is the sulfate salt of strontium. It is a white crystalline powder and occurs in nature as the mineral celestine. It is poorly soluble in water to the extent of 1 part in 8,800.

www.biosulf.org...

Many sulfate salts are highly soluble in water. Exceptions include calcium sulfate, strontium sulfate, and barium sulfate, which are poorly soluble.

Environmental effects Sulfates occur as microscopic particles (aerosols) resulting from fossil fuel and biomass combustion. They increase the acidity of the atmosphere and form acid rain.

Main effects on climate The first (direct) effect is to scatter light, effectively increasing the Earth's albedo. This effect is moderately well understood and leads to a cooling from the negative radiative forcing

The first indirect effect is also known as the Twomey effect. Sulfate aerosols can act as cloud condensation nuclei and this leads to greater numbers of smaller droplets of water. Lots of smaller droplets can diffuse light more efficiently than just a few larger droplets.

The second indirect effect is the further knock-on effects of having more cloud condensation nuclei. It is proposed that these include the suppression of drizzle, increased cloud height (Pincus & Baker 1994), to facilitate cloud formation at low humidities and longer cloud lifetime (Albrecht 1989).

Sulfate may also result in changes in the particle size distribution, which can affect the clouds radiative properties in ways that are not fully understood.

Sulfates are therefore implicated in global dimming, which may have acted to offset some of the effects of global warming.

I knew I'd heard of these sulfates before but as far as strontium and barium - who knew?

Oh and the strontium sulfate can also make the red fireworks you mentioned - so two birds with one stone?

Oh and I think this means that if these substances are used to form clouds (like cirrus aviaticus) they can form at low humidities and that would sure explain a lot of things.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

I think ....

An excellent endeavor.
Just couple that capacity with some up-to-date hard information and you might have something going.

Not more than 80 years ago the mighty Colorado River flowed unhindered from northern Colorado through Utah, the Grand Canyon, Arizona, and Mexico before pouring out into the Gulf of California. But as one can see in this image of the Colorado River Delta taken on September 8, 2000, by the Spaceborne Thermal Emission and Reflection Radiometer (ASTER), flying aboard the Terra spacecraft, irrigation and urban sprawl now prevent the river from reaching its final destination.

The Colorado River can be seen in dark blue at the topmost central part of this image. The river comes to an end just south of the multicolored patchwork of farmlands in the northwestern corner of the image and then fans out at the base of the Sierra de Juarez Mountains. A hundred years ago the river would have cut through this entire picture and plowed straight through to the Gulf of California, the mouth of which can be seen in solid blue at the lower righthand corner of the image. Nearly all the water that flows into the Colorado River is now siphoned off for use in crop irrigation and for residential use. In fact, roughly only 10 percent of all the water that flows into the Colorado makes it into Mexico and most of that is used by the Mexican people for farming.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Get a life ATG, the link I posted has over 100 different chemicals listed with Military use. When I said I did not know what they are being used for, it meant I did not know why the MILITARY was using them.

right - so the strontium compounds in the site you listed are used for pyrotechnics, this is readily available information on various places including one source you used, and you don't know why the military would use pyrotechnics??

There's a lot more uses for all of those chemicals than I listed, you listed or wiki lists. They are not exactly going to list chemtrails as one of the uses are they?

Of course no - since there is no evidence that chemtrails exist in the first place - and even if they did the vast majority of trails being identified around the world as chemtrails seem to come from commercial aircraft and not military ones. :@@

Luxor I didn't raise strontium - Matty did - if you have a problem with it then take it up with him.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MathiasAndrew

Could you please....PLEASE provide some sort of evidence???

ANYTHING, at all????

Just a smidgeon??

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

Do you want him to send you a sample in the mail? Why would he send it to you anyways?

He is providing as much evidence as possible to back a THEORY. A conspiracy theory at that. Even when there is ample evidence provided, you would choose to ignore it anyways.

Regardless this thread is about Bill Gates and his measly billions of disposable to invest. There's another thread about 6 trillion fake bonds that were confiscated.

Some of that might have been useful to research this stuff.

Or at least provide the funding for such clandestine geo-engineering projects as of yet unclassified.

You see when players such as Gates gets involved in this sort of stuff, it means that public disclosure is in the not to distant future. His money is deemed legitimate and is completely on the books, Much funding for Black Projects comes from international money that is hidden in Swiss accounts.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

I think ....

An excellent endeavor.
Just couple that capacity with some up-to-date hard information and you might have something going.

Not more than 80 years ago the mighty Colorado River flowed unhindered from northern Colorado through Utah, the Grand Canyon, Arizona, and Mexico before pouring out into the Gulf of California. But as one can see in this image of the Colorado River Delta taken on September 8, 2000, by the Spaceborne Thermal Emission and Reflection Radiometer (ASTER), flying aboard the Terra spacecraft, irrigation and urban sprawl now prevent the river from reaching its final destination.

The Colorado River can be seen in dark blue at the topmost central part of this image. The river comes to an end just south of the multicolored patchwork of farmlands in the northwestern corner of the image and then fans out at the base of the Sierra de Juarez Mountains. A hundred years ago the river would have cut through this entire picture and plowed straight through to the Gulf of California, the mouth of which can be seen in solid blue at the lower righthand corner of the image. Nearly all the water that flows into the Colorado River is now siphoned off for use in crop irrigation and for residential use. In fact, roughly only 10 percent of all the water that flows into the Colorado makes it into Mexico and most of that is used by the Mexican people for farming.

The Colorado River is still in the Grand Canyon.

The Grand Canyon will always be there. What are you whining about?

What is wrong with crop irrigation?

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Same thing that's wrong with mining, drilling for oil and all the rest of it:

Induced seismicity refers to typically minor earthquakes and tremors that are caused by human activity that alters the stresses and strains on the Earth's crust.

Then, quakes trigger quakes. Next thing you know, the earth's crust is being displaced.

Seriously, the strains on the Colorado River and Grand Canyon do not bode well.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
cool

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

Same thing that's wrong with mining, drilling for oil and all the rest of it:

Induced seismicity refers to typically minor earthquakes and tremors that are caused by human activity that alters the stresses and strains on the Earth's crust.

Then, quakes trigger quakes. Next thing you know, the earth's crust is being displaced.

Seriously, the strains on the Colorado River and Grand Canyon do not bode well.

I care more about human beings than giving a river a big hug.

The Grand Canyon looks great. I was just there a month ago.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19   >>

join