It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Gates Backs Climate Scientists Lobbying For Large-Scale Geoengineering

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
The Earth was here long before we were here, and will (hopefully) still be around long after we're gone. If it's survived this long while still sustaining life, why try and change it?

Species come and go, we are just another species.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
i dont know why but the first thought that jumps to my mind when reading this is "stage 1 of project bluebeam complete"

i always thought it was a very possible conspiracy, the NWO faking an alien attack via a projection onto the sky. perhaps this spray will be the "screen" that they will project the images onto for the false flag attack to come?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Well what do ya know. . . Phage and chicken boy right on cue.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by eXia7
Don't worry, they are just contrails,

That's just it, they are. You can say the small furry thing with the pointy nose, whiskers, long thin tail, squeeky voice and liking for cheese is an elephant as much as you like. You can refuse to listen to the white mice experts all you like. But that still doesn't make the white mice and elephant.

Anyway, interesting piece on all this in today's Guardian, with regards a study into the cost effectiveness of various proposed ways of replicating the effects of a massive equatorial volcanic eruption and spraying sulphur into the atmosphere, by US aerospace company Aurora Flight Sciences:

www.guardian.co.uk...

The full study can be read here:

people.ucalgary.ca...

A couple of interesting points which I'm pretty sure the chemtrail disinformation mob will ignore for at least another 20 years

1) they are talking about an altitude of at least 70,000ft - that's twice as high as commercial airliners normally fly and twice as high as the altitude as which contrails most commonly occur. And higher than any natural clouds other than possibly some very, very, large Cumulonimbus, and the likes of noctilucent clouds. I'm not sure at that altitude any contrail would be visible, even if it did form.

2) Any such operation - as I have pointed out several limes (and been ignored every time) would require aircraft flying and spraying near the equator - not at mid northern latitudes where most so-called chemtrails are seen.

3) Neither in this study, nor anywhere else, is there any evidence that any such spraying would be visible from the ground, other than perhaps as a faint haze, most noticeable at sunrise or sunset, similar to stratropheric volcanic dust clouds - as I have again pointed out before (and been ignored every time).

Oh, and this study is simply about the most cost effective means of carrying out such an operation - it doesn't address the issues of whether it would actually work or, more importantly, the impacts such an operation may have on weather and climate.

If you take my advice, stop worrying about imaginary chemtrails and start worrying about the law of unintended consequences - it almost always comes back to bite us. And often very hard.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

This has been going on for a long time, now they are just testing different variations.

Aye, been going on for over 80 years - and it's YOUR FAULT they keep on doing it. Unless you can assure me you never ever fly, never buy any goods that have travelled by air, never send any long distance post except by surface mail only .....

Anyway, we're talking stratospheric spraying here - and whilst technically contrails are a form are inadvertent, uncontrolled, geoengineering (as is burning coal or using oil, or chopping down a tree) that not what we're talking about. Though I do wonder why some seem so keen to confuse the issue. And why.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
It's ALREADY happening.

As always, when the government tells you they want approval for something or are planning something, it has already been done for years beforehand.

This is ALWAYS the case in big projects like this.

Apparently, it's already working very well.

This looks like HAARP preventing kinks in the jet stream over Canada.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

Another concern I have is with big headed scientist (they are human after all) thinking they truly know everything about what they intend to do.

I have seen no indication in any of the studies on for various geoengineering techniques that the scientists involved have the impression that they know everything about the efficacy or unintended consequences of those techniques. Quite the contrary in fact. Universally a great deal of uncertainty is expressed by those very scientists.

A complex issue to be sure, but what is your take on deliberate geo-engineering? Should we try that?

If you had read my posts in this thread and others you would know that my take is that geoengineering (SRM in particular) is not a good idea and should not considered for real world testing or use until much more research is done. If you had read my posts you would know that I also think that preparing for the eventuality that the climate degrades to such a point it may become necessary, is a good idea.

edit on 2/7/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Goldcurrent

Is Mr. Gates investing in this research for philothrantropic reasons?

Or does he have an inside scoop on a possible return on investment in the near future?

Yes to the second question, IMO. Gates is paying the leading scientist in the
"geoengineering" field, and the "Climate Change" Cash Cow ...you can be sure
he knows every in and out of this whole game, and is kept abreast of every advancment.

David Keith is his man, and David Keith dominates this field, he is on nearly every
panel in every organization.

Gates must be some kind of gentleman giving such amounts of money towards this research without any short term practical returns. He must be a genuine humanitarian.

Oh yeah, he is a real humitarian alright!
edit on 7-2-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Bill Gates and his foundation have done great works all over the world.

I think his recent attacks on capitalism have been unwise.

Bill Gates has been spending too much time with Warren Buffett.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by McGinty

Check out the first 4 minutes of this film - as poor a sequel as this was to a great movie it could end up being quite prophetic:

www.youtube.com...

Thanks, evening's movie now chosen!

Prophetic indeed, that gives me the creeps. With all of the money in the world, I wonder
how they really think they have a chance though, lets see..

Man vs The Sun -

Man vs Shifting Poles

Man vs Global Cooling (Ice Age)

Yep, man is toast.

I would rather die in a catastrophe than breathe that garbage, its not going to work anyways!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Your being sarcastic right?

I mean, you seriously can not be referring to his eugenics vaccination programs in poor third world
countries, and his GMO rice he wants to poison people with right?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Well its a good idea, its positive in that we are actively doing something to combat climate change.

This does only prove its happening. Doesn't prove that its poison though.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I would rather die in a catastrophe than breath that garbage, its not going to work anyways!

Well move far out to to country, away from cars and industrial activity.
SRM won't work? Why not? You know something more than the few scientists who are modelling it?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

I mean, you seriously can not be referring to his eugenics vaccination programs in poor third world

Hahaha wtf, GM food might not be "natural", but it sure is better than starving to death.

Suppose your pro, let the @@@@ers die?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation are trying to end Polio on the entire planet.

What's wrong with that???
- Gates Foundation -

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Bill Gates & Monsanto

You know they are up to humanitarian deeds when you see thier names together right?

While its not funny, I agree with you, I think this fits perfectly with Gates and Monsantos agenda.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by kykweer

Its not as simple as a presumption that GMO seeds can produce more crop, or
that GMO crop can save the world and feed starving people as opposed to non GMO crops.

Some information you may wish to digest.

MONSANTO which has its propietary name on the world's
GMO food supply - has designed its GMO seed and its very expensive, compared to non GMO,
also its designed so that it requires Monsantos very expensive chemical "fertilizers".

Not to mention that the fertilizers, and the Round Up needed to "maintain" these crops have
been strongly linked to cause birth defects, soil and plant disease.

Even if these GMO crops (which in the third world countires is mainly rice )
otherwise could be found to be safe, which is impossible - but - no matter if - they will "tweak" - the
studys to skew the results- a person would have to eat 16 pounds a day to
gain the Viatmain A from the rice that its "touted" for.

In fact, it has been suggested that malnourished people might not convert beta carotene to vitamin A efficiently, which blows the usefulness of golden rice clearly out of the water, as its intended recipients are virtually guaranteed to be malnourished.

You think its realistic that a person could afford to eat upwards of 16 pounds a day--
to get the recommended amount of vitamin A
???

Not to mention that GMO rice is already out of control in China, and just recently
it was published they are now "alramed" at the spead of illegal GMO rice.

There is a reason the GMO rice is illegal - its BT rice, a transgenic strain that has not been approved for commercial growing and should not be in human food, which contains a poison that kills butterflies and moths, not to mention that it is a trigger in humans for severe allergic reactions.

And the scary part is they claim they want to help poor undernourished people in "third world" countires!

Yeah, some help, some humitarian deeds.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

That story may have just been published today, but the study they cite
is nearly 2 years old

Nothing new there, lots of figures on how effective it is to spray this H2S04 aerosol by
modified aircraft. You know, Keiths proposed cost effective method of delivery.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Seems the concern is atmospheric degradation due to emissions from humans? I got an idea. Reverse the process. The idea came to me from OP's name. Burn the plains, trains, automobiles and make it a capital offense to cut down a tree or dig up coal and oil.

Completely ludicrous, right? So is spraying more] chemicals into the already tortured biosphere. Are we collectively nuts or just insane with the need to continue destroying our air? Were going to need that you know....

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Actually, most of the studies point out that reducing or capturing CO2 emissions would be a better idea than SRM. But see, that's a plot too.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join