It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Gates Backs Climate Scientists Lobbying For Large-Scale Geoengineering

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by luxordelphi
Someone who treats babies like this - what are they capable of with adults?

Yes, that reminds me very much of the scientist Gates has paid millions to
for this research on Geoengineering. That player's name is David Keith, and
his comments about how this Sulfate Aerosol could affect other countries,
was all about the right political statement. "its more important to know who
has the hand on the knob" and he also likened it to medical experimentation.
Sick....just sick.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
As for the remainder of your comment, we don't share the same views. You're entitled to your opinion, but I believe that altering the weather and temperatures is an accident waiting to happen. Man always seems to think we can make everything better than nature designed. Just this thought alone means that we aren't as advanced as we'd like to believe we are.

My comment was that we should research it (geoengineering) in case we have to use it. I hope that we don't have to use it.

I agree with you that there are huge risks and unknowns in altering the climate. However we are already altering it (unintentionally) in many ways.

Man sometimes does do things better than nature designed. Take your house for example. Nature designed none of it, it was entirely man made. What protection from the elements would you have if you relied entirely on nature?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uncinus
My comment was that we should research it (geoengineering) in case we have to use it. I hope that we don't have to use it.
I agree with you that there are huge risks and unknowns in altering the climate. However we are already altering it (unintentionally) in many ways.

It is not really known how and to what extent we are altering the climate, if at all, and we should be careful how we proceed. There is nothing to prevent research but there should be great trepidation about global experiments with our own globe. The desire to test theories based on the research will be overwhelming for some but they should be held in check until we can send the experimenters to Mars or Venus for their experiments. Use as a weapon of some sort or as a local climate modifier, e.g., making it rain on the Sahara, would be foolhardy because of unintended consequences. There are many who don't know what they don't know but have good intentions and the desire to be recognized as those who "saved" the world. These are the dangerous ones. See my signature, courtesy of Voltaire.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uncinus

Originally posted by Afterthought
As for the remainder of your comment, we don't share the same views. You're entitled to your opinion, but I believe that altering the weather and temperatures is an accident waiting to happen. Man always seems to think we can make everything better than nature designed. Just this thought alone means that we aren't as advanced as we'd like to believe we are.

Man sometimes does do things better than nature designed. Take your house for example. Nature designed none of it, it was entirely man made. What protection from the elements would you have if you relied entirely on nature?

I guess we should see a new textbook soon. - Geoengineering 101 -

They should teach it at MIT.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

These fools do not understand how climate works. Nobody does. But they want to dick with it anyway?

Makes no sense to me.

S&F&
as usual. Good work burntheships. Keep it coming.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

No they don't want to "dick with" anything. The OP and others have made that claim but have presented nothing but speculation that that is the case. In fact, all indications are that none of the involved parties are eager to field test these technologies. But they want to do research (via lab work and computer models) so they can learn more in order to understand climate. But to some people, research is a terrible idea. Do you think it's better to just continue to know nothing about anything?

FICER has not supported and will not support any field tests of methods that introduce new kinds of interference into the climate system (e.g., solar radiation management, ocean fertilization). We are in favor of field testing industrial processes that can remove excess carbon dioxide from the atmosphere.

keith.seas.harvard.edu...

edit on 2/8/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

These fools do not understand how climate works. Nobody does. But they want to dick with it anyway?

Makes no sense to me.

S&F&
as usual. Good work burntheships. Keep it coming.

Nobody does? So certain are you.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
is undeniable that our Climate is changing, and RAPIDLY.

Extreme weather conditions that will leave many dead.. From the combination of the droughts, the floods, or the Chaos that will insue afterwards.

My prediction for this Spring/Summer: The worst floods is US history will hit the Mid-West, and the Worst Drought in History in the southwest.

The real danger for the rest of the country will be the Food Lost. There will be a MAJOR food crisis in America this year.

edit on 8-2-2012 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthinfact

Extreme weather conditions that will leave many dead.. From the combination of the droughts, the floods, or the Chaos that will insue afterwards.

My prediction for this Spring/Summer: The worst floods is US history will hit the Mid-West, and the Worst Drought in History in the southeast.

The real danger for the rest of the country will be the Food Lost. There will be a MAJOR food crisis in America this year.

I'll go the other way.

Here in the USA we will see bumper crops this year.

America will feed the world in 2012.

Time will tell who is right or wrong. I'll check back with you in October 2012.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by truthinfact

My prediction for this Spring/Summer: The worst floods is US history will hit the Mid-West, and the Worst Drought in History in the southeast.

I'll go the other way.

Here in the USA we will see bumper crops this year.

America will feed the world in 2012.

Time will tell who is right or wrong. I'll check back with you in October 2012.

You'll be able to estimate #'s of crops lost within the next few months.

Texas is in a worse drought than The Dust Bowl. WORSE THAN THE DUST BOWL. And this years farming season hasn't even started yet... Combined with the floods up North, I am predicting massive crops lost. Food Shortage.

Monsanto can't make it rain.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by truthinfact

California sure is growing a lot of pretty much - everything -.

Time will tell who is putting out good info or bad info.

I predict gorgeous oranges from Florida in 2012.

I can already see wheat fields for as far as the eye can see. - God bless America -

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I'd say thats an accurate description of what they are up to. And they plan to make money
while they are at it.

Gates thinks it is time to start regardless, and has no plans to wait for any governance.
Going back to 2010, he has been funding these scientists that want to begin Geoengineering now.

From The London Times:

The British and American scientists involved do not intend to wait for international rules
on technology that deliberately alters the climate.
They believe that the weak outcome of December’s climate summit in Copenhagen means that emissions will continue to rise unchecked and that the world urgently needs an alternative strategy to protect itself from global warming. www.freerepublic.com...

edit on 8-2-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Apparently, Gates thinks it is time to start regardless.

You have provided nothing but op ed statements (including your own) to this effect. And, of course, you take the MSM statement and run with it, not bothering to do any further investigation.

Laboratory experiments to evaluate whether it would be feasible to produce a sprayer that would make fine seawater droplets.
Armand Neukermans [no institutional association; formerly Hewlett-Packard] ($0.3 M)

keith.seas.harvard.edu...

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Speaking of the rich who desire power....

environmentalresearchweb.org...

"Geo-engineering holds forth the promise of addressing global warming concerns for just a few billion dollars a year," said Newt Gingrich, former speaker of the US House of Representatives, in 2008. "We would have an option to address global warming by rewarding scientific innovation. Bring on American ingenuity. Stop the green pig."

What's that you say? Just a few billion dollars a year?
Well, let me see what I have in my pocket here.....Oops! Can I write you a check, Newt?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

The OP and others have made that claim but have presented nothing but speculation that that is the case. In fact, all indications are that none of the involved parties are eager to field test these technologies.

Wow phage....

Have you even bothered to read what we posted? It is obvious from that statement you have not.

Other than videos of whistleblowers saying it has already begun, and quoting geoengineers saying "we've got to do geoengineering", and proof they are funding research (while saying they must implement it)... what more do you want?

You yourself have provided links that they have done various different types of actual physical geoengineering tests (other than SRM) in other threads, so you KNOW they are testing. I don't want to accuse you of lieing, but it is very subtle shading to say they aren't eager to test geoengineering technologies when YOU KNOW for a fact they already HAVE ALREADY tested them.

We're supposed to be Denying Ignorance, not denying everything.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

When you are talking about trillions of dollars of spending, yes, "a few billion" doesn't amount to much. But it isn't being spent anyway.

Social Security: $761 billion. A "few billion" is 0.4% of that.
Medicare: $485 billion
Medicaid: $269 billion
DoD: $553 billion
Dept of education: $77.4 billion.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

They're already spending millions in underdeveloped countries with the geo-engineering ideas, wait until they get rolling, it will be in the trillions of dollars.

Can you even think of other ways to spend billions of dollars per year? Maybe if they'd released Tesla technology decades ago, we wouldn't be in this mess. It's all because of their greed. Think Halliburton. We need to stop funding nuclear power and start replacing it with hydrogen technology.

I can think of many, many ways to spend billions of dollars per year rather than spending it on tinkering with the weather and the natural environment.

If you are so sure that geo-engineering is the way to go, I'm sure Newt would very much appreciate your vote and your tax deductable donation to his geo-engineering/weather modification/weather warfare causes.
edit on 8-2-2012 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

That "whistleblowers" video features a hoaxed image from the "chemtrail" crowd. Hoaxing is not a good thing for credibility. Why do they have to resort to that kind of thing?
contrailscience.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please provide the full context of this quote:

We've got to do geoengineering.

Yes, research is being funded. Why do you compare small scale CDR tests with SRM? That's nonsensical. Do you think that CDR carries the same level of risk that SRM does?

Here is the statement once again:

FICER has not supported and will not support any field tests of methods that introduce new kinds of interference into the climate system (e.g., solar radiation management, ocean fertilization). We are in favor of field testing industrial processes that can remove excess carbon dioxide from the atmosphere.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

When you are talking about trillions of dollars of spending, yes, "a few billion" doesn't amount to much. But it isn't being spent anyway.

Social Security: $761 billion. A "few billion" is 0.4% of that.
Medicare: $485 billion
Medicaid: $269 billion
DoD: $553 billion
Dept of education: $77.4 billion.
en.wikipedia.org...

That was a depressing link Phage. Thanks a lot.

The US Justice Department burned through $28 Billion ?!!!!

What did we get for $28 Billion??? Is that just legal fees?

The more i read, the more depressed i got.

Now i'm angry!

If we kill the dept. of education and turn it back over to the states then that will save us

$77 Billion!
edit on 8-2-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

They're already spending millions in underdeveloped countries with the geo-engineering ideas, wait until they get rolling, it will be in the trillions of dollars.
They are? Who is "they?" You have documentation for this? Please present it.

Can you even think of other ways to spend billions of dollars per year?
Yes I can. But nothing is being spent on geoengineering. A very small amount is being spent on research. But apparently you don't think it's worth even thinking about.

If you are so sure that geo-engineering is the way to go, I'm sure Newt would very much appreciate your vote and your tax deductable donation to his geo-engineering/weather modification/weather warfare causes.
Please point out where I have said I am in favor of geoengineering. What makes you think I support Gingrich? All I did was point out that compared to the amount of money our government spends (too much), "a few billion" does not amount to much.

edit on 2/8/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join