It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indonesia to hit train roof riders with nasty goop.....inhumane tactics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Well....not really sure what to say about this story other than the reading is interesting coupled with the fact that they suspended Concrete Balls to knock the riders off and have killed a few since the implementation of those. This is a new tactic....kinda extreme and bizarre....

Indonesida roof riders

JAKARTA, Indonesia -- Indonesia has another bizarre way to keep commuters off the roofs of trains: swat them with brooms drenched in putrid goop. "For anyone who is still up there, it'll be like a whip," said Ahmad Sujadi, of the state-run railway, PT Kereta Api Indonesia. The contraptions will be installed at select crossings this week.

edit on 2/6/12 by Vasa Croe because: ***

edit on 2/6/12 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
i have heard of the S*** hitting the fan, but the train?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
It is crazy, they should just put some security on the door at the platform

Here's a Youtube vid - to illustrate the point

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Not really sure why they don't just install something like pigeon spikes all over the top of the rail cars.....that way nobody gets on them.

Installing stuff to knock them off is just not kosher at all. Prevent it from happening, don't just install stuff like this one day and kill people that didn't know about them.
edit on 2/6/12 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

My thoughts exactly, or a spike bar along edge of the carriage so they cant climb up.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by D8ncer
reply to post by Vasa Croe

My thoughts exactly, or a spike bar along edge of the carriage so they cant climb up.

Yep. The methods they seem to employ are ones that make it sound as if they WANT to hurt people, not that they care about the safety or the people not paying for tickets. You would think they would match the crime with the punishment, not kill someone because they didn't pay the nominal amount to ride. I can understand the overcrowding that some want to get away from as I have been on trains like that before and it is really uncomfortable, but maybe get a few more trains in the mix....I mean there has to be a better solution than this.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe
Well....not really sure what to say about this story other than the reading is interesting coupled with the fact that they suspended Concrete Balls to knock the riders off and have killed a few since the implementation of those. This is a new tactic....kinda extreme and bizarre....

According to the story the concrete balls have killed no one so far. There have been plenty of deaths of people riding on top--hence the move to stop the practice--but no one has been killed by or as a result of the concrete balls.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Maybe they should suspend handles from the overhead cable?

WARNING!!! Graphic video.

edit on 2/6/2012 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

According to the story the concrete balls have killed no one so far. There have been plenty of deaths of people riding on top--hence the move to stop the practice--but no one has been killed by or as a result of the concrete balls.

Interesting....I could have sworn that article said at least 4 known deaths from the concrete ball implementation when I posted it.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Interesting....I could have sworn that article said at least 4 known deaths from the concrete ball implementation when I posted it.

Well,, they could have changed it. It wouldn't be the first time.

The concrete balls can only be suspended over non-electric tracks, but no rail-surfing deaths have occurred where they are in place.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Well,, they could have changed it. It wouldn't be the first time.

The concrete balls can only be suspended over non-electric tracks, but no rail-surfing deaths have occurred where they are in place.

Very true...have seen it happen before myself, though usually there is a edited time on the page somewhere I thought. Could be they decided to embellish the article and thought better of it after posting.

new topics

top topics

join